Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

Saturday evening at 8pm (September 9), I asked at the front desk of the Disneyland Hotel if there was a possibility of tickets being available tomorrow morning for Oogie Boogie Bash. I was told that this year's event is so overly sold out that there is no possibility of buying tickets tomorrow morning. I'm not sure yet if I'll get up tomorrow at 4:30am and head down to the front desk and ask again.

Saturday evening at 8pm (September 9), I asked at the front desk of the Disneyland Hotel if there was a possibility of tickets being available tomorrow morning for Oogie Boogie Bash. I was told that this year's event is so overly sold out that there is no possibility of buying tickets tomorrow morning. I'm not sure yet if I'll get up tomorrow at 4:30am and head down to the front desk and ask again.
Just left the ticket booths at 7:00 am (they weren’t even open yet but the worker was outside cleaning windows). They said a similar thing. Said the only “reserve” tix are for people who purchased and need an extra.

Just left the ticket booths at 7:00 am (they weren’t even open yet but the worker was outside cleaning windows). They said a similar thing. Said the only “reserve” tix are for people who purchased and need an extra.
I didn't bother going down to the front desk of the DLH at 4:30am to check, but I went down now (8am) and the employee confirmed that no tickets were made available this morning, and she repeated that there will be absolutely no tickets made available to hotel guests this year. We're here for another week, but I won't bother checking future dates unless someone reports in this thread that they were successful in getting tickets.

I didn't bother going down to the front desk of the DLH at 4:30am to check, but I went down now (8am) and the employee confirmed that no tickets were made available this morning, and she repeated that there will be absolutely no tickets made available to hotel guests this year. We're here for another week, but I won't bother checking future dates unless someone reports in this thread that they were successful in getting tickets.
I’m sorry, that’s so disappointing.

I’m curious about this as well. We will be at Grand Cal for 5 nights next month and I’m hoping to get tickets for OBB one night as we were shut out both days during the on sale. It annoys me to no end that people staying on property don’t get first crack at tickets like they do in WDW.
Actually, resort guests @ WDW don’t get priority for MNSSHP tix.

Yea they do. We’re going to MVMCP and are booked at All Star Music. We got to purchase tickets a week before they went on sale to the general public.
I can confirm they’ve done this since the pandemic. Similar to magic key priority for OBB, though WDW PH do not get priority booking for MNSSHP unless they also have an onsite stay booked.

I can confirm they’ve done this since the pandemic. Similar to magic key priority for OBB, though WDW PH do not get priority booking for MNSSHP unless they also have an onsite stay booked.
Yes and with the early release for resort stays, it only lets you select from the dates in which you already have a reservation. All of the dates outside of our hotel stay were greyed out.

I am glad that DL doesn’t give priority to on-site guests but am fine with WDW doing it. Staying on site at DL is much more privilege based than DL. WDW actually has resorts for all price points. DL offering presales for on site guests would be very close to WDW offering only pre sales for Deluxe resort guests.

I am sorry for all of those you who were hoping to get tickets last minute.

I am glad that DL doesn’t give priority to on-site guests but am fine with WDW doing it. Staying on site at DL is much more privilege based than DL. WDW actually has resorts for all price points. DL offering presales for on site guests would be very close to WDW offering only pre sales for Deluxe resort guests.

This is so true.

IIRC, there was a time for OBB packages available; but not individual sales with confirmed bookings. I maybe off on this.

There is precedent with deluxe resorts getting additional perks - extended evenings at WDW.

Having access to event tickets during stays wouldn't be a hard reach IMHO. If I were disney exec, i would do that lever before opening the gates to MK holders.

IIRC, there was a time for OBB packages available; but not individual sales with confirmed bookings. I maybe off on this.

There is precedent with deluxe resorts getting additional perks - extended evenings at WDW.

Having access to event tickets during stays wouldn't be a hard reach IMHO. If I were disney exec, i would do that lever before opening the gates to MK holders.
Just because there is a precedent for it doesn't mean it should be done. And extra hours is vastly different then a party ticket.

I realize everyone's never going to agree on this I was just pointing out why I think it would be a bad idea and is different then what happens at WDW.

I'm not sure what you mean about OBB packages available but not individual sales with confirmed bookings?

I will say that the total number of onsite guests who might take advantage of an OBB ticket presale might be fairly small? I don’t know the numbers, but several here have posted about how many people can do resort guest EE and that the number overall is small. And folks would have to know that they were going and book the hotel several months in advance to take advantage of any pre-sale.

In any case, DLR does offer PPH, DLH and GCH, at very different price points (we have both the GCH and PPH hotel booked for an October trip and the PPH is less than half the price of the GCH, so I do feel that ”onsite” is not so exclusive as to exclude everyone except those that have very high budgets; that said, they don’t have a “value” level like the WDW resorts). As an onsite guest, the perks are getting less and less and the price just keeps increasing. So priority access to something like OBB tickets might be an idea for the future for Disney, but only if hotel bookings start to soften (at least for our October trip, no indication this is happening as all Onsite hotels are expensive, yet also sold out!).

I will say that the total number of onsite guests who might take advantage of an OBB ticket presale might be fairly small? I don’t know the numbers, but several here have posted about how many people can do resort guest EE and that the number overall is small. And folks would have to know that they were going and book the hotel several months in advance to take advantage of any pre-sale.

In any case, DLR does offer PPH, DLH and GCH, at very different price points (we have both the GCH and PPH hotel booked for an October trip and the PPH is less than half the price of the GCH, so I do feel that ”onsite” is not so exclusive as to exclude everyone except those that have very high budgets; that said, they don’t have a “value” level like the WDW resorts). As an onsite guest, the perks are getting less and less and the price just keeps increasing. So priority access to something like OBB tickets might be an idea for the future for Disney, but only if hotel bookings start to soften (at least for our October trip, no indication this is happening as all Onsite hotels are expensive, yet also sold out!).
I noticed they were all booked too! We’re staying in a nearby hotel next month and I went to check and see how much the DL hotels would cost to see if we could do a night or 2 there and they’re all booked the entire week we’ll be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter