Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

So we decided late to do a character breakfast on our departure day (no park entry). I know goofys is doing a Halloween dining. Of course the reservations are gone especially since our date is opening day for it (September 21). I have a mouse dining alert set but with it being opening day I don’t have high hopes we’ll snatch one up. What are the odds they’ll be taking walk ups?
Of course, there are ZERO guarantees, but I'm a CM and assign at multiple restaurants in WDW and I will tell you, your absolute BEST chance at getting a walk-up will be right at the opening! Even when we are full for the night, I take a few walk-ins if they're ready to be seated right when we open!

I wonder why they all say no tickets for sale? I am hopeful that this year is the same as last year. This is the first time we haven't been able to get tickets, so it would be wonderful to have them available at the hotel.

Hello, thank you for the update. It looks like there really are no tickets this year...really disappointing
I'd still check no matter what, keep hope alive :) I saw a report of someone staying at the Grand scoring tickets and also one person reported they got a ticket at the DLH. Again, it seems like if you ask the wrong person they will say no. My mind was boggled last year when the guy checking us in confidently said no, it was sold out and no more tickets would be available. They sent us to a room already occupied by a lovely family just back from the pool (yikes) and the lady that helped clear everything up back at the front desk knew about the tickets and confirmed the time to come down. We purchased morning of tickets for two parties last year...they do go quick so you need to be down there early. There's another party tonight so hopefully there are reports that people got them today. I have my fingers crossed for all of you!!!

Last edited:
Re: getting tickets the day of -

I have no inside information, just speculation from years of being in or near the hospitality business. Another poster said that one reason they might say they have no tickets the night before is so that people won't camp out for the first spot in the morning. That's probably true.

It's also probably because the hotel staff does not know if there will be tickets the next morning or how many tickets there will be. If tickets do come available, they may not know until the very last second. Sometimes that info comes down the pipe very late for various reasons.

I'm not surprised there are no reports of tickets being available for Tuesday's party, as that was the first day of OBB and was likely TRULY sold out. Whether there will be tickets available for future party nights on the day of? Only the mouse knows.

So, I would just advise anyone staying on property that it doesn't hurt to ask, but never go in with the expectation that getting last second tickets are a lock.

They should all be open during the mix-in period but not all may be open during the actual party.

Edited to add be sure to use mobile order, the mix-in time is usually nuts!! I’ve had no issues with using mobile order during this time though.
Perfect, thank you. Trying to time our entry so we have food but aren’t in the early mix in hours of chaos. Much appreciated!

Does anyone know about the party-specific food at OBB? I've seen an Instagramer comment about 2 things.... but neither one looked SUPER awesome..

I asked at 7am on check in yesterday and the cast member at DLH said they aren't doing it this year because the occupancy literally is sold out...with that said I would still ask.

We checked into the DLH today (Thursday Sep 7) at 2pm, and was told by a cast member that there were no tickets offered for sale at any of the hotels on either Sep 5 or Sep 7. So, thus far, things don't look very promising.

I'll ask again Saturday evening to see if the situation has changed, and go to the front desk at 4:30am Sunday morning to ask again. I'm not very hopeful at this point, but I think it is worthwhile to make at least one early morning attempt at getting tickets.

We checked into the DLH today (Thursday Sep 7) at 2pm, and was told by a cast member that there were no tickets offered for sale at any of the hotels on either Sep 5 or Sep 7. So, thus far, things don't look very promising.

I'll ask again Saturday evening to see if the situation has changed, and go to the front desk at 4:30am Sunday morning to ask again. I'm not very hopeful at this point, but I think it is worthwhile to make at least one early morning attempt at getting tickets.
I am not staying onsite, but I plan on showing up at the ticket booths early that same morning hoping for a miracle. Like you, I feel like I might as well try since I am there.

We only stayed one night, so our goal was to go Sep 5th. The cast member said in the past, something about the hotels taking advantage of selling them? something like that, didn't make sense. I would continue to try.

I'd still check no matter what, keep hope alive :) I saw a report of someone staying at the Grand scoring tickets and also one person reported they got a ticket at the DLH. Again, it seems like if you ask the wrong person they will say no. My mind was boggled last year when the guy checking us in confidently said no, it was sold out and no more tickets would be available. They sent us to a room already occupied by a lovely family just back from the pool (yikes) and the lady that helped clear everything up back at the front desk knew about the tickets and confirmed the time to come down. We purchased morning of tickets for two parties last year...they do go quick so you need to be down there early. There's another party tonight so hopefully there are reports that people got them today. I have my fingers crossed for all of you!!!
It sounds like you had quite the adventure at the Grand. 😃 Even if they keep saying no tickets available, I think I'll just go down to the lobby (very early) and try.

Gothic Rosie shared hours for restaurants during OBB. She did say that places will close early if they are super slow
Ugh I wonder if we chance Clarabells again this year!! We went about 45 min before the second parade cuz the cider floats were going to be out parade snack and they were completely closed.

Ugh I wonder if we chance Clarabells again this year!! We went about 45 min before the second parade cuz the cider floats were going to be out parade snack and they were completely closed.
I’d say if there’s anything that you really want to get it earlier just in case. I’m interested in those hard floats too so we’ll probably get one first thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter