Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

By Snow White Witch, do you mean the hag or the Queen?

Hag. She signs autographs as "Snow White's Witch" meanwhile, so I wasn't really sure what the official name is right now. Evil Queen is parade only.

What does everyone think is an ideal time to enter the parks to avoid long lines and general chaos? We have a dinner reservation at 4:45 but other than that, we’re in no real hurry.

Edited to add: We are Magic Key holders and could theoretically enter at any time, but I don’t want to go too early as I want my 8-year-old to have the stamina to stay up to the end.

Last edited:
Wow, that's great news! Every time I call they say there will be no tickets. Were there any details?
Thank you!
Oh that was my nightmare last year. No matter how many people at the Grand I talked to (and however many managers they asked), they will tell you the event is sold out. Even the guy at check in last year said no. At 5am we went down to the lobby, they knew exactly why we were there and we had no problem getting tickets. It sounded like it was working exactly the same.

Wow, that's great news! Every time I call they say there will be no tickets. Were there any details?
Thank you!
In 2021, I called Disney travel and the DLH multiple times in the 2 weeks leading up to our last minute trip. No one would even say that same-day tickets were ever available at the hotels.... But I had read about it on here, so I asked at check in. The front desk CM did tell me that they would have a limited number available, and she advised that I get to the lobby at 5am. We were able to get 2 tickets; I arrived at 4:45am and was 3rd family in line for tickets. Not all families got tickets that day, and the very small pool of tickets was shared between the 3 hotels. First come, first served, so hope that your CM that morning has fast fingers!

What does everyone think is an ideal time to enter the parks to avoid long lines and general chaos? We have a dinner reservation at 4:45 but other than that, we’re in no real hurry.

Edited to add: We are Magic Key holders and could theoretically enter at any time, but I don’t want to go too early as I want my 8-year-old to have the stamina to stay up to the end.
The last two times we went we lined up around 2:45 and getting in wasn’t bad but the park was crazy! We have a reservation at 4:30 and are planning on lining up around the same time and will just wander around and window shop until we check in for dinner. Not super helpful lol!

I know someone asked earlier about using the GCH entrance if you are not a hotel guest and I found an article that says they shut that down on 10/6 of last year so don’t count on it being available this year!

Does anyone know what time the characters actually come out and treat trails start? Right at 6:00?

Does the parade run the same way through the park for both showings?

The last two times we went we lined up around 2:45 and getting in wasn’t bad but the park was crazy! We have a reservation at 4:30 and are planning on lining up around the same time and will just wander around and window shop until we check in for dinner. Not super helpful lol!

I know someone asked earlier about using the GCH entrance if you are not a hotel guest and I found an article that says they shut that down on 10/6 of last year so don’t count on it being available this year!

Does anyone know what time the characters actually come out and treat trails start? Right at 6:00?

Does the parade run the same way through the park for both showings?

That's interesting that some were not able to use the GCH hotel entrance on 10/6. We went on 10/20 and 10/23 last year and they allowed outside guests to use the entrance both times.

Not all of the villains are out on time, unfortunately, and they usually will not give you a specific time that they will be there. I was watching a few vlogs yesterday and at least Judge Doom and Agatha Harkness were late to their treat trails yesterday. Oogie Boogie was not at his treat trail until close to 30 mins-hour after OBB started last year when we were there during one of the parties. The characters will also leave to take breaks so you might end up going through and they won't be there (this happened to us for Mother Gothel and the Evil Queen in 2021), but you can always circle back later in the evening.

The parade will usually start at one end of the park (I believe it starts by Guardians and ends in Pixar Pier), then come back the opposite way.

Last edited:

Oh that was my nightmare last year. No matter how many people at the Grand I talked to (and however many managers they asked), they will tell you the event is sold out. Even the guy at check in last year said no. At 5am we went down to the lobby, they knew exactly why we were there and we had no problem getting tickets. It sounded like it was working exactly the same.
I wonder why they all say no tickets for sale? I am hopeful that this year is the same as last year. This is the first time we haven't been able to get tickets, so it would be wonderful to have them available at the hotel.

In 2021, I called Disney travel and the DLH multiple times in the 2 weeks leading up to our last minute trip. No one would even say that same-day tickets were ever available at the hotels.... But I had read about it on here, so I asked at check in. The front desk CM did tell me that they would have a limited number available, and she advised that I get to the lobby at 5am. We were able to get 2 tickets; I arrived at 4:45am and was 3rd family in line for tickets. Not all families got tickets that day, and the very small pool of tickets was shared between the 3 hotels. First come, first served, so hope that your CM that morning has fast fingers!
That's good to hear! Hopefully they have them. I'll be sleeping in the lobby just in case 😴

I wonder why they all say no tickets for sale? I am hopeful that this year is the same as last year. This is the first time we haven't been able to get tickets, so it would be wonderful to have them available at the hotel.
Likely they say no tickets because they know there would be hoards of people queuing and loitering in the lobby all night.

That's interesting that some were not able to use the GCH hotel entrance on 10/6. We went on 10/20 and 10/23 last year and they allowed outside guests to use the entrance both times.

The parade will usually start at one end of the park (I believe it starts by Guardians and ends in Pixar Pier), then come back the opposite way.
I read that last night the parade followed the same route both times, so I’m curious if that will continue?

I searched and didn't see this info. I see confirmation of hotel guest availability this year. Has anyone been able to confirm if any walk up tix have been available at the booths at 7:00 am when they open? I saw a post much earlier in the thread confirming it happened at least 1 day last year. Thanks in advance!

If anyone is able to use the entrance at GCH who is not a hotel guest please report back because I’d love to sneak in that way and get our wristbands near Wine Country Trattoria.

In 2019 we went in through the main gate (which had a second line for wristbands) but headed over there to get our wristbands and there was no line

I asked at 7am on check in yesterday and the cast member at DLH said they aren't doing it this year because the occupancy literally is sold out...with that said I would still ask.
Thank you for the info- That's too bad. That will be our only chance to go...I'll still check when I get there

It sold out pretty quickly last year, but many hotel guests reported being able to purchase day-of tickets. I think the hotels get plenty of interested buyers without advertising, and don't want to turn the lobbies into Thunderdome during the Halloween season.

I searched and didn't see this info. I see confirmation of hotel guest availability this year. Has anyone been able to confirm if any walk up tix have been available at the booths at 7:00 am when they open? I saw a post much earlier in the thread confirming it happened at least 1 day last year. Thanks in advance!
I want to know this as well. I hope someone can confirm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter