Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

When are you going? We can test it out the week after next to see and try to report back (unless someone here or on Youtube tests it out first), but I am pretty confident that they allow anyone as long as you have a valid ticket. There were some Youtubers last year who also used the entrance with no issues as well last year.

I'll be down there Oct 6th through 15th and hitting two parties (Sun Oct 8th and Tue Oct 10th) and my stay at the Grand is check in on Oct 8th and check out on Wed the 11th.

More that I think about it I actually do prefer DLH. I forgot the Grand and their valet parking. I much prefer how fast I can get in and out at the DLH and if I need to run down to the car for any reason. Also the bell hop at DLH has always been really quick (five minutes or less) and the Grand for some reason gets REALLY busy at times...

First of all - this thread is incredible!!! Thanks to everyone that has contributed to it. We have gone to OBB the last 5 yrs and were shut out this year. So frustrating! Has anyone had success getting day-of OBB tickets while staying at PPH? Thx!
I’m not sure when your trip is, but I’m checking in at PPH on Sep 13th and going to try for tickets on the 14th. I can report back.

Treat Trails:
- Madam Mim, Bountiful Valley Hideaway
- Oogie Boogie, Animation Lobby
- Mother Gothel, Grizzly Peak
- Ernesto de la Cruz, Hyperion Theater
- Cruella, Hollywood Backlot Stage
- Sid, Pixar Bandstand
- Agatha Harkness, Ancient Sanctum
- Judge Doom (from “Who Framed Roger Rabbit”, behind Soarin' Around the World
- Yokai (from “Big Hero 6”), in San Fransokyo Square

My daughter is a cast member and was at the preview last night. She said it is an awesome event. She thought the two new villans, Yokai and Judge Doom were really great additions. Said the parade was really good and the headless horseman at the beginning was fantastic. I can't wait to go in October.

Anyone that’s going soon-ish and doing the dessert party for the late parade, mind posting what time it’s over and you can start to leave?

Super super awesome if someone also posts if the Grand Californian or Paradise Pier entrances are open right after the late parade to exit the park..

Trying to make a 10:55pm seating at Trader Sam’s 🤣

How did this work? Did you just go down to the front desk at the hotel? We booked a last minute trip for my 50th birthday (and even had we been planning on going I'm not sure we would have gotten tickets). But I would really love to get tickets day of if that might be a thing.
Happy 50th Birthday! I hope you are able to get tickets.

So we decided late to do a character breakfast on our departure day (no park entry). I know goofys is doing a Halloween dining. Of course the reservations are gone especially since our date is opening day for it (September 21). I have a mouse dining alert set but with it being opening day I don’t have high hopes we’ll snatch one up. What are the odds they’ll be taking walk ups?

Very excited about Judge Doom being added this year. I will be at the Party next Tuesday and can not wait. Taking my Grandson for the first time.
I hope you have a great time and we'll report back to let us know how it goes. I go in 2 weeks!

FIRST DAY OF OOOGIE BOOGIE BASH!

anigif_sub-buzz-2434-1567487912-1.gif

Merch Update: an insanely cool Spirit Jersey, an Oogie Boogie backpack, ears, a tumbler of some sort and a green Oogie hoodie that I think I have seen last season.

The only item with a visible Bash logo (at least on the photos I was sent) is the Jersey.

Waiting for permission to post pics.

They put the items out this morning and did not check party tickets. When my friend ran over to DCA at 11 they got the last jersey in 2XL. Hopefully they'll replenish stock for the actual party goers.

Edit: 3 pins released as well.

Why does this happen every year? 😪

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything about the meet and great characters for this year? I know in the past they have had Kingdom Hearts Mickey, Donald, and / or Goofy and wondering if they might be back this year.

Merch Update: an insanely cool Spirit Jersey, an Oogie Boogie backpack, ears, a tumbler of some sort and a green Oogie hoodie that I think I have seen last season.

The only item with a visible Bash logo (at least on the photos I was sent) is the Jersey.

Waiting for permission to post pics.

They put the items out this morning and did not check party tickets. When my friend ran over to DCA at 11 they got the last jersey in 2XL. Hopefully they'll replenish stock for the actual party goers.

Edit: 3 pins released as well.

Why does this happen every year? 😪
It’s so disappointing that these items are not exclusive to people who paid a premium to attend the parties! The fist year all the merch was behind the counters and you had to ask to see it.

Please report back if anyone is able to purchase tickets from the hotels or ticket booths. I'm praying for a chance to buy tickets when we go.

In two days time (Thursday Sept 7) we'll be checking into the Disneyland Hotel at 2pm. This will almost certainly be too late in the day to get "day of" tickets for Thursday, but while checking in I'll ask about the procedure for getting tickets and report back to this thread. Sunday Sept 10 will be our first attempt at getting "day of" tickets, so I'll again report back as to whether I was successful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter