Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

You know, of the three Disney parks special event ticket sales that started this morning, I expected the Jollywood Nights at DHS to be the one that would go belly up, not this one. Especially after the debacle with the Magic Key presales.

Alas.

I'm one of the lucky(?) ones that managed to get in through the app and actually checkout. However, that was at 10AM this morning, and I still haven't gotten the confirmation email.

I was psyched to be the one in my group that got through so that I could put tickets on my credit card and get those rewards dollars 😂 Fingers crossed that the email comes through, I guess!
I was lucky as well. Took a few hours to get my tickets but they are in my app and I’m happy

I was super lucky to have gotten through and purchased via the app. I checked out at 12:30pm Eastern and was sweating bullets all afternoon hoping they wouldn't refund my money and say it was sold out. Finally at 7pm I received the confirmation with the ticket information.

I feel really bad for everyone here that still doesn't have tickets. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

I have found nobody reporting any sold out dates, and my party member saw every day as available when they bought tickets around 12:30 PT. I do think that the volume of tickets sold was small.

Thank you.

I guess I could see an issue with volume if dates began disappearing like they did with presale. But Disney admitted this was a “technical issue.” Again, I had an 11 min queue which was paused at 4 min. Even general registration for DHS Moonlight Magic (imo, the hardest park to get into) is better than this.

Yes, I’m still holding out hope :rolleyes:

You know, of the three Disney parks special event ticket sales that started this morning, I expected the Jollywood Nights at DHS to be the one that would go belly up, not this one. Especially after the debacle with the Magic Key presales.

Alas.

I'm one of the lucky(?) ones that managed to get in through the app and actually checkout. However, that was at 10AM this morning, and I still haven't gotten the confirmation email.

I was psyched to be the one in my group that got through so that I could put tickets on my credit card and get those rewards dollars 😂 Fingers crossed that the email comes through, I guess!
Right?? I was soooo surprised how easy that one was.

what do you think about tickets with “pending” status? Do you think will honor with this?
My "pending" from 10:17am just got a confirmation email at 6:55pm. I think they will honor them; I'd call if you don't get a confirmation after 24 hours.

Good luck, everyone. I really, really hope that everyone here gets tickets when they go back on sale.

I was super lucky to have gotten through and purchased via the app. I checked out at 12:30pm Eastern and was sweating bullets all afternoon hoping they wouldn't refund my money and say it was sold out. Finally at 7pm I received the confirmation with the ticket information.

I feel really bad for everyone here that still doesn't have tickets. I'm crossing my fingers for you!
You got through about the same time I did! I was in the same boat, unsure if I should keep trying or call it a success. So glad I got my confirmation hours later without purchasing double the tickets.

This is like Taylor swift all over. Ha ha
I got lucky today after hours of trying. Not so much with Taylor Swift. No joy and so many errors trying to get tickets. Rage for sure since I was getting them for DDs.

My "pending" from 10:17am just got a confirmation email at 6:55pm. I think they will honor them; I'd call if you don't get a confirmation after 24 hours.

Good luck, everyone. I really, really hope that everyone here gets tickets when they go back on sale.
The post on the Disney site says "Completed ticket purchases will be honored."

Woke up an hour after tickets went on sale. Laying on my bed pulled up the site on my phone, didn’t see any queue or wait screen, and bought 2 tickets around 10:15 AM PST.

Had no idea there were this many issues until after I bought the tickets. Didn’t get my confirmation until 8 hours later though.

I could not get thru, tried my laptop and the app all day, on and off. Not to sound elitist, but I wish they would make some allowance for resort guests like they do for APs. We will be at the GC and really want to attend the party.
We will try again whenever that opportunity arises. I have an another friend from east coast (like us) who won't book air or her (onsite) room until she gets her party tickets.

I could not get thru, tried my laptop and the app all day, on and off. Not to sound elitist, but I wish they would make some allowance for resort guests like they do for APs. We will be at the GC and really want to attend the party.
We will try again whenever that opportunity arises. I have an another friend from east coast (like us) who won't book air or her (onsite) room until she gets her party tickets.
We were talking about that for the resort hotels, too, today. I'm surprised they don't allow an advantage for resort guests but maybe they don't have the system to handle it? Of course they should, but clearly not with what happened today.

And agreed - that is one of the most frustrating parts of it. We already purchased airfare and booked the hotel because I'm worried about both on-site and nearby off-site booking up. But, a lot of people don't have that luxury and need to wait to make sure they get tickets. Now they're having to wait another week + who knows how long before they know whether they've got tickets and by then they'll be much more limited in hotel bookings. Just super frustrating.

We were talking about that for the resort hotels, too, today. I'm surprised they don't allow an advantage for resort guests but maybe they don't have the system to handle it? Of course they should, but clearly not with what happened today.

And agreed - that is one of the most frustrating parts of it. We already purchased airfare and booked the hotel because I'm worried about both on-site and nearby off-site booking up. But, a lot of people don't have that luxury and need to wait to make sure they get tickets. Now they're having to wait another week + who knows how long before they know whether they've got tickets and by then they'll be much more limited in hotel bookings. Just super frustrating.
I am glad we booked accommodations already, but I want to wait to book my regular tickets to see if I do get OBB because that effects what tickets I buy. Hope it's sorted by next week.

I am glad we booked accommodations already, but I want to wait to book my regular tickets to see if I do get OBB because that effects what tickets I buy. Hope it's sorted by next week.
Me too. This whole ordeal gave me way too much anxiety today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter