Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

This is just crazy. It didn't used to be like this. I wonder what has changed in the last few years. I know last year it sold out in like 48 hours, but the year before that there were still tickets a month later. The last time I went and bought tickets was in 2019 and not even all parties sold out. I ended up going to two parties that year and one on a week day was not sold out and when me and my friends all bought our tickets it was a week or more after they went on sale. I also don't remember it ever being like this when it was still in Disneyland for Mickey's Not So Scary Party.
Is it really just that people are still "revenge vacationing?" I also saw people somewhere else blaming Disney influencers because they share so many tips and tricks.

Villains Grove is wonderful. The line is long, but well worth the wait. It was one of the highlights of the party a few years back.

What about if I'm on a phone or mac without a right click? I am not technologically savvy...
I think if you click on the middle of the frame the website is in a string of what looks like nonsense pops up. You should be able to copy and paste that.

Family members have all tried to get in for me, no luck at all.

I also don’t don’t blame anyone here who got tickets. We know you didn’t game the system or cheat, you just won the OBB lottery. I just wish they had really and truly paused sales, not because I begrudge anyone getting tickets but because it is just causing so much stress for those of us who can’t get in and because I wonder if knowing people are getting through is making the IT people not really worried about fixing what is wrong.

5 hours and 20 minutes later, I have confirmation from purchase pending! Take as reassurance that purchase pending orders will convert to confirmed.
lmod did it just got from temporarily paused to let you select tickets or did you try refreshing, jumping in and out of app, etc? Thanks

It is fair to say if the queue isn't "fixed" after approx 5 pm PST then it won't be fixed today (in the past with DL events)? I haven't been to a disneyland event in a long time and buying tickets wasn't like this.

lmod did it just got from temporarily paused to let you select tickets or did you try refreshing, jumping in and out of app, etc? Thanks
I was early to the app purchasing method. Like 30 min in I tried that while in queue on my PC and it worked perfectly. I haven't been able to get to the purchase screen since 🫤 I was afraid they'd cancel the pending purchases but it went through and the tickets are now linked in my app.

I think if you click on the middle of the frame the website is in a string of what looks like nonsense pops up. You should be able to copy and paste that.

Family members have all tried to get in for me, no luck at all.

I also don’t don’t blame anyone here who got tickets. We know you didn’t game the system or cheat, you just won the OBB lottery. I just wish they had really and truly paused sales, not because I begrudge anyone getting tickets but because it is just causing so much stress for those of us who can’t get in and because I wonder if knowing people are getting through is making the IT people not really worried about fixing what is wrong.
See, this is an interesting thing, I actually think for high demand concerts in places like Japan they DO host a lottery.

Something needs to change with big event sales and I'm shocked it's 2023 and the systems are still really terrible with sites crashing and stuff. I'm not sure what the answer is, but there needs to be something... maybe a week long process of submitting a request for which date/location and putting credit card info in so you're serious, then it's randomized behind the scenes on the for sale day and emails go out to the "winners" and they're allowed 12 hours or something to purchase the tickets. Then the following day it's general sale if it isn't sold out.

Something... not just Disney, but they seem extra horrible at it... but something. I would rather it be down to random luck but a working system.

I just made the account to say I got the confirmation email from the pending purchase I made 5 hours ago. 2 different pcs with 2 browsers each, ended up getting the Select dates working after using the link from the app at around 9.45, then received the pending email. I was afraid the purchase didn't go through, since many people were posting hours later that they managed to receive the confirmation right away but I didn't want to risk buying twice. My sister was on the phone and was told that the purchases may take up until 24h to process, but that they should go through.

To all of you with your pending email still waiting for confirmation, I hope this brightens up your hopes a bit. Good luck to all of you

I was early to the app purchasing method. Like 30 min in I tried that while in queue on my PC and it worked perfectly. I haven't been able to get to the purchase screen since 🫤 I was afraid they'd cancel the pending purchases but it went through and the tickets are now linked in my app.
Hoping its a good sign that issues are being fixed now that you got a confirmation.

I am still waiting in the queue on my pc, laptop and ipad :(
Same. I hope we can get in before dates sell out. I will be canceling our trip if we can’t get tickets. Thank goodness my husband made our airline tickets refundable. I will just be too sad if we can’t get to OBB. This is the first time my husband was even willing to go with me the past 20 years. Other trips I have had to get other family members to go as my husband finds DL too “peopley”. He was actually excited about this trip too. I am just so annoyed and sad about this.

Same. I hope we can get in before dates sell out. I will be canceling our trip if we can’t get tickets. Thank goodness my husband made our airline tickets refundable. I will just be too sad if we can’t get to OBB. This is the first time my husband was even willing to go with me the past 20 years. Other trips I have had to get other family members to go as my husband finds DL too “peopley”. He was actually excited about this trip too. I am just so annoyed and sad about this.
FWIW I think you would still enjoy all the other halloween decorations if you went on your trip.

I'm cautiously optimistic that things are finally shaking loose!
I did not think I would be waiting for 6 hours with nothing lol.. At this point I have given my password out to several family members to have them log into my account if they make it through lol

For me my risk is much lower as I live in California, have a magic key and have been multiple years in a row.
So I'm actually okay with not getting in and have been dealing with severe mental health issues last few months including going through intensive therapy and it's interesting now I'm of the mindset , "You know if it's this hard for Disney to take my money, I'm okay with doing something else. It's not life or death, it's not the end of all Disney things for me and I'll be okay" , where last year I would be flipping tables and impossible to live with.
For me. I'm going to be okay.

That said I've been plating a new video game so have literally nothing to hurt by keeping my phone open, but more time that passes the more I think something new this year will be better for ME. Wishing everyone the best especially those that have pre booked trips.

For me my risk is much lower as I live in California, have a magic key and have been multiple years in a row.
So I'm actually okay with not getting in and have been dealing with severe mental health issues last few months including going through intensive therapy and it's interesting now I'm of the mindset , "You know if it's this hard for Disney to take my money, I'm okay with doing something else. It's not life or death, it's not the end of all Disney things for me and I'll be okay" , where last year I would be flipping tables and impossible to live with.
For me. I'm going to be okay.

That said I've been plating a new video game so have literally nothing to hurt by keeping my phone open, but more time that passes the more I think something new this year will be better for ME. Wishing everyone the best especially those that have pre booked trips.
Being from Australia and having set dates makes it hard for me. We have never had the opportunity to go to OBB before and my kids are at the right age - we already got their halloween costumes handmade for this, I know I should have waited until I actually HAD tickets, but I didn't think it would be this hard.

Being from Australia and having set dates makes it hard for me. We have never had the opportunity to go to OBB before and my kids are at the right age - we already got their Halloween costumes handmade for this, I know I should have waited until I actually HAD tickets, but I didn't think it would be this hard.
Side note... What is Halloween like in Australia, similar, or very different, or same same.?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter