Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

I was in the same boat for over 3 hours today and just randomly got through eventually. I know everyone is frustrated, and I was near tears myself. But I don’t think those that are getting through randomly are at fault for others not getting through or for Disney’s terrible IT. I really hope that everyone on here gets their tickets, but I would say that getting through by randomly clicking does not mean someone is not “following the rules”. I agree 1000% that it should be that if you do what Disney tells you to do, you get tickets. It is not that way, and it is awful!! But I don’t feel like I broke any rules by just continuing to click on Select Tickets through the app about 300 times on 6 devices (which I was in the broken queue on since before 9am) and then randomly got through. PIXIE DUST to everyone on here; we are all in the same terrible Disney IT boat, and I truly hope that @AndrewC and everyone else gets through!
I agree, I think it's kind of harsh to say people got tickets by "gaming the system", more like the system is broken when it allows some to get in and tells others that ticket selling is paused.

I don't blame anyone who randomly got through. Disney should have shut that down as soon as they saw it was happening. I have been literally clicking, refreshing, trying different browsers, trying different wifi networks, different devices. I keep telling myself that this is a first world problem and if this is the worst thing that happened to me today, it wasn't a bad day.

I was in the same boat for over 3 hours today and just randomly got through eventually. I know everyone is frustrated, and I was near tears myself. But I don’t think those that are getting through randomly are at fault for others not getting through or for Disney’s terrible IT. I really hope that everyone on here gets their tickets, but I would say that getting through by randomly clicking does not mean someone is not “following the rules”. I agree 1000% that it should be that if you do what Disney tells you to do, you get tickets. It is not that way, and it is awful!! But I don’t feel like I broke any rules by just continuing to click on Select Tickets through the app about 300 times on 6 devices (which I was in the broken queue on since before 9am) and then randomly got through. PIXIE DUST to everyone on here; we are all in the same terrible Disney IT boat, and I truly hope that @AndrewC and everyone else gets through!
Sorry, I mean rule follower in that I don't go looking for 3rd party tickets to buy and stuff like that.

The little glitches and random luck are just weird. I don't for a second believe you guys are doing anything against the rules... it feels wildly unfair of course, but random luck :P

Edit: Read my original post again and I mean two things with rule follower... for someone that simply reads on the screen to sit tight and it'll start up again and for someone that doesn't feed the secondary market, that's what's wildly frustrating. If Disney had a better system, then the secondary market wouldn't exist nearly as much. People can randomly click as much as they want, just drives me insane Disney didn't just remove the redirect and let everyone have "fair game" at getting tickets... the redirect literally feels like being blocked, lol

Last edited:

can you refresh my memory?
The queue crawled for about half an hour and then froze, but sales themselves were not marked as paused (like today, supposedly lol) just the actual queue system would freeze. Glitches popped up that let people in (loading the Spanish site let people in immediately!) but they very quickly plugged those and left the queues in "sit tight" mode and frozen with no message about sales themselves being paused, so you knew you had to stay put or you would lose your place in line. It would open and crawl for about 10 minutes, proceed, and then the queues would freeze again with zero updates. If you werent monitoring the queues all day you could easily miss when they unfroze and lose your place if your turn came up. It went on this way until about 6pm PST when it finally proceeded smoothly and sold out in a few hours.

This was after the parks were closed so it was peoples' first and only chance to go into the parks until they actually opened. So emotions were running very very high that day. I think I actually shed a few tears out of frustration because I had a group of 7 people depending on me.

Today's only saving grace is that days don't seem to be selling out yet and that theyre at least somewhat communicating.

no one thinks you're at fault. we're just all a little sick of hearing about it when we are stuck and also desperate for tickets.
We don't mean to sound like we don't care, we are just frustrated.

So you think its better to go to villains grove later? Or the second parade? I haven't been ever.
Villains grove is 100% better the darker, it relies on lighting and sounds to rely convey the villains feeling. In 2019 (first year) I did it about 30 minutes before it closed and I waited maybe 5 mins. Though I don't have any experience with last years party.

Sorry, I mean rule follower in that I don't go looking for 3rd party tickets to buy and stuff like that.

The little glitches and random luck are just weird. I don't for a second believe you guys are doing anything against the rules... it feels wildly unfair of course, but random luck :P

Edit: Read my original post again and I mean two things with rule follower... for someone that simply reads on the screen to sit tight and it'll start up again and for someone that doesn't feed the secondary market, that's what's wildly frustrating. If Disney had a better system, then the secondary market wouldn't exist nearly as much. People can randomly click as much as they want, just drives me insane Disney didn't just remove the redirect and let everyone have "fair game" at getting tickets... the redirect literally feels like being blocked, lol
Thank you for that thoughtful reply.

I am so, so very frustrated for everyone today. I told my husband that it should not be this hard to give Disney my money!!! It seems that Disney does not care at all about the terrible customer experience on events like this. And that is so sad to me. I agree that they should have just shut the whole thing down. But somehow they didn't completely shut it down. This makes for a random playing field for getting tickets, which is not what they advertised to guests (yes the queue randomizes everyone at 9am, but not this type of randomness). It is so defeating when they do this type of thing, and all they have to say is some message at the bottom of the page that they are "aware" of the issue. Are they??

I will say that based on the messages here (which likely represent the most devoted Disney fans), I can't see that very many tickets at all were actually sold today. So I truly hope that they try the whole thing again when their IT can support the process, and that everyone gets their tickets. But what frustrates me about them trying again is that today is the only day I could have tried for tickets, as it is my day off (and I got lucky today). Others on here said they specifically took the day off of work to book these tickets. So what does Disney do for those folks who can't take the day off again and try again tomorrow or whenever they fix this mess? I am just so sad about it all.

Thank you to all of you who posted, in frustration, in commiseration, with tips, with suggestions or just with some humor. As it was all happening today, at least I felt the support of this community while I was banging my head on the computer and about to throw my phone out of my moving car.

no one thinks you're at fault. we're just all a little sick of hearing about it when we are stuck and also desperate for tickets.
We don't mean to sound like we don't care, we are just frustrated.
Thank you for this. I know everyone is at the end of their rope with Disney right now, including me. I have no idea how or why I eventually got tickets, and all I hope for all who are still trying is that you all get tickets and this mess ends soon. Pixie dust to you @wendlle !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter