Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

I'm not even a big Nightmare Before Christmas fan. (As in, I don't hate/dislike it, but It's not a favorite and I wish the HM overlay didn't take up so much time.) So having Oogie Boogie constantly laughing at me for two days this week seems extra cruel. I'm taking it personal at this point. 😂

My issue is this, be serious this is not a Taylor Swift concert, we are talking numbers in the low 1000s at best. How hard can it be. And clearly the queue is just a way to keep people in the dark, I would much prefer the system is busy check back later.
IDK why they cant just put us into the dang queue.

When they open the queue do you think it will put us back where we were or into another random spot? I know nobody knows for sure, but what is everyones thoughts?

As far as I can see from my own frustrating experience today and reading all these posts, NO ONE (other than maybe in the very first 10 minutes of the on-sale today) got tickets by being in the queue and having the time count down and then the purchase page opening. Everyone that I can see (me included) got in randomly WITHOUT being put in the queue. All of my queue are still open and saying sales are paused from before 9am today. The random one that I got to go though was on My phone, after I closed all the open queue pages. It just broke through and I was never on the queue page. So if you are on that page, at least right now, I don’t think it will work. I think you have to get lucky with clicking through the Select tickets on the app or website and it lets you buy them. It is a terrible way they have handled this

If anyone who got tickets through actually waiting for the queue page to count down is on here, please post. Otherwise, I think everyone who got tickets got lucky and they went straight to the purchase page (in my case, after clicking Select Tickets on so many devices, over and over and over.). I am not saying shut down all your queue pages because maybe Disney revives that as a way to get tickets later today or tomorrow.

When they open the queue do you think it will put us back where we were or into another random spot? I know nobody knows for sure, but what is everyones thoughts?
I hope for back where we were, but my guess is random. Disney has a tendency to say "oops oh well" when stuff like this happens, rather than try to make it fair...

I am not even sure if my original queue page refreshed or of its still waiting lol. I have too many tabs open now.
you can check! at the bottom there is a "status last updated" and it tells you the time that the page last updated

you can check! at the bottom there is a "status last updated" and it tells you the time that the page last updated
They all keep updating I am just not sure which one is which now and if it held my place in line.

Well I hope that person is misinformed... if that is actually true, then what they are saying is, everyone that follows the rules and waits in the queue will NEVER get tickets because it won't start again until all the random glitch/hack/forced attempt people get their emails.

This is what creates a secondary market. If Disney didn't want people selling tickets they should build a good system. This is what starts getting people like me, who are normally rule followers, starting to think "hey, it would be worth a premium as long as I got the tickets somehow."

I would love to know what was said at meetings after crap like this happens

Edit: I am not encouraging buying from unofficial places. I'm just saying this creates the frustration for that. Do not buy 3rd party tickets.
I was in the same boat for over 3 hours today and just randomly got through eventually. I know everyone is frustrated, and I was near tears myself. But I don’t think those that are getting through randomly are at fault for others not getting through or for Disney’s terrible IT. I really hope that everyone on here gets their tickets, but I would say that getting through by randomly clicking does not mean someone is not “following the rules”. I agree 1000% that it should be that if you do what Disney tells you to do, you get tickets. It is not that way, and it is awful!! But I don’t feel like I broke any rules by just continuing to click on Select Tickets through the app about 300 times on 6 devices (which I was in the broken queue on since before 9am) and then randomly got through. PIXIE DUST to everyone on here; we are all in the same terrible Disney IT boat, and I truly hope that @AndrewC and everyone else gets through!

So just got off the phone with them and this is what they said summed up:

If you have an order pending email the confirmation should likely come soon. The queue won’t open back up until all the orders are processed. And that if it does open back up and you havnt received the confirmation email then call them.

Hopefully his helps
Thanks for this.

I do still have a pending order from 10:17, so I am checking in occasionally to see if the queue has reopened, and it's helpful to know that I should try calling if that happens without a confirmation email.

It can't be worse than the 4+ hours I spent on the phone with United Airlines yesterday trying to get refunded for a canceled flight... right?

I continue to wish everyone here luck; I still have queues open in case they keep our spots and I can share the one I had that was at 2 minutes when the pause started. 🤞

I've been buying tickets every year and for multiple acter dark events, when magic keys released, etc. and by far this is the WORST yet. I missed the MK release because it kept erroring out when I selected any date for 2 tickets.

Honestly taking this as a sign to maybe do something different and considering going on a cruise instead lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter