Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

I'm not sure if you read my post, but I cannot get through consistently. I have gotten through twice. All my queues are still running and have not moved since the pause, including the one in the browser I can get through on.

I'm not "greenlit," it's just letting me in very occasionally.
I did read yours, but are you in some weird in-between?

Like you mentioned you're at a page that shows select tickets or something, and it sounded like THAT produced the random success.

But have you ever had it work from https://disneyland.disney.go.com/admission/events/oogie-boogie-bash/purchase/ or the standard "event tickets" link from the Disney home page or app?

Your case confuses me since I don't know what order the page you see should go... wouldn't that come after the queue normally?

This is annoying. I was in the queue at 8.32a this morning and am still in the same holding pattern. Others have moved right through. I don't get what Disney is doing here.

This is so maddening. My husband and i both have different log ins, various devices open, we have my mom trying and a good friend trying. No luck at all.
I am now hungry, weepy and cranky. I am about to give up. Seriously, if we can‘t get tickets i will likely cancel the trip. It would be way to upsetting for us to be there for a week and not be able to go to any of the parties. That would just devestate me. I know these are total first world problems, but i have been saving and counting on this trip since we cancelled our last one 2 years ago. Knowing we had OBB tickets then (and got them relatively easily) and not know is just really frustrating.

Can you routinely get to the tickets? Like closing everything on your phone can you open again using the app and it takes you to the date selection as if you were about to buy tickets?

That would make me think we were "up" on the back end (Disney side) to be let through the queue and to the purchase screen and that seems to be persistent on the Disney side once you reach the end of the queue (why you're able to go back and buy more than one day without waiting in a queue again).

I would be very interested on if someone that CAN get in and purchase tickets reliably cleared all cookies and history, logged out of their Disney account, maybe deleted the app and downloaded again could STILL get in. That would point to Disney greenlighting the account and not some token/cookie that was tossed onto the device...

In which case likely none of these are "glitches" and instead are just the person hit the point in the queue where they were let in by the time they started messing with tricks to see if it would work.

If that's the case, maybe the queue still is running in the background, even though it says paused, and I'm just at the very back, randomly of course, but reliably always at the back, like I mentioned I would be when I posted the other day :)
My account is def blocked, even when I am not logged in - no luck, not even a glimmer of hope.

When you're checking out you have to put the names of each person you're buying a ticket for. The names are not transferrable. I'm not sure how someone else could buy them and use them.
The general guidance here is that the names don't matter... otherwise loads of people are going to be frustrated when buying for friends/family and stuff :P

honestly it wouldnt even be that bad... if the ticket sales were actually paused

thanks! I just love MNSSHP which is why I am looking forward to getting Oogie Boogie. Halloween at Disney is so fun
AGREED, it would not be as bad if ticket sales were actually paused and they would actually re-open at another time that felt more fair for everyone to have a chance.

I tried everything on this page, on 6 devices, multiple browsers, wifi and cell, laptop, iPad x 2, iPhone, desktop. Nothing was working, just kept getting put back in the queue and told tickets are paused. I tried the app from my phone and both iPads. Nothing. I just kept trying over and over on the phone, using the search function in the app to search Oogie Boogie. That ALWAYS took me to the Select Tickets screen in the app. But then when I click Select Tickets in the app, it takes me to the browser and puts me back in the queue. I just clicked this over and over and over. Did same on ipad. Closed browsers, left them open in the queue, all of the above. Then, as I had to leave for an appointment, I clicked Select tickets in the app one last time and it went to the purchase page in the browser. Got through picking the dates and then it crashed on the payment page. I went back to the app and again clicked Select Tickets, and had to do this 1-2 more times and then it again went to the purchase page in the browser. I had to start all over, pick date again and then it let me check out. Tickets showed today’s date in the browser, but when I went into the app, they were immediately there and had the correct date.

I AM SICK that this process is so messed up. I was almost in tears after trying for the last several hours. I think it is just luck of the draw that I got through after clicking a million times and doing everything everyone said on here. I am not sure what worked. I am SO hoping that all of you still trying get through. I am not sure that staying in the broken queue is ever going to be fixed. I think the app somehow gets through another way, but the IT is so bad that it just randomly breaks through and most of the time it doesn’t. I am so sorry for those that are still trying. All dates looked available when I got mine. I can’t get back in now to even look. It just takes me to the broken queue.

I did read yours, but are you in some weird in-between?

Like you mentioned you're at a page that shows select tickets or something, and it sounded like THAT produced the random success.

But have you ever had it work from https://disneyland.disney.go.com/admission/events/oogie-boogie-bash/purchase/ or the standard "event tickets" link from the Disney home page or app?

Your case confuses me since I don't know what order the page you see should go... wouldn't that come after the queue normally?
It knows my queue on that because that's what it takes me to 99% of the time.

Have you tried navigating to the "Special Events" page instead of using the link you're posting?

If I click your link on Chrome, I go straight to the queue page. If I go to the Disneyland page and navigate to "special events" under tickets, I get to the "Select Tickets" button.

I tried everything on this page, on 6 devices, multiple browsers, wifi and cell, laptop, iPad x 2, iPhone, desktop. Nothing was working, just kept getting put back in the queue and told tickets are paused. I tried the app from my phone and both iPads. Nothing. I just kept trying over and over on the phone, using the search function in the app to search Oogie Boogie. That ALWAYS took me to the Select Tickets screen in the app. But then when I click Select Tickets in the app, it takes me to the browser and puts me back in the queue. I just clicked this over and over and over. Did same on ipad. Closed browsers, left them open in the queue, all of the above. Then, as I had to leave for an appointment, I clicked Select tickets in the app one last time and it went to the purchase page in the browser. Got through picking the dates and then it crashed on the payment page. I went back to the app and again clicked Select Tickets, and had to do this 1-2 more times and then it again went to the purchase page in the browser. I had to start all over, pick date again and then it let me check out. Tickets showed today’s date in the browser, but when I went into the app, they were immediately there and had the correct date.

I AM SICK that this process is so messed up. I was almost in tears after trying for the last several hours. I think it is just luck of the draw that I got through after clicking a million times and doing everything everyone said on here. I am not sure what worked. I am SO hoping that all of you still trying get through. I am not sure that staying in the broken queue is ever going to be fixed. I think the app somehow gets through another way, but the IT is so bad that it just randomly breaks through and most of the time it doesn’t. I am so sorry for those that are still trying. All dates looked available when I got mine. I can’t get back in now to even look. It just takes me to the broken queue.
I'm glad you got your tickets! keeping my hope alive, I will focus more on the app now :)

I just made an account to tell you all thank you!!! I was in line at 8:45am waiting for the ticket sales. After 3 hours of myself and my friends waiting in Queue hoping one of us would get in, I found this forum! I saw people saying they were getting in and getting tickets so I started trying every link from the app to different browsers and I finally got in with this page! The regular pages didn’t work for my but this one was luckily still open in my browser and it took me straight to the purchase page. If it wasn’t for this forum I wouldn’t have had any idea about this and could have missed the days we needed! It didn’t work on my computer just only on my chrome browser on my phone.

disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/disney-california-adventure/oogie-boogie-bash-halloween-party/#drawer-card-costume-guidelines

When you're checking out you have to put the names of each person you're buying a ticket for. The names are not transferrable. I'm not sure how someone else could buy them and use them.
Names don't matter, you just aren't allowed to "sell" them. ;)
I had to give away my Throwback Nite tix, because i couldn't make it. You just call in to have them change the names, when i actually purchased the tix i used names from Walt's 9 old men. lol

(i wasn't sure who might come with me, so i used these)
Myself
Les Clark
Marc Davis
Mary Blair

Well, 4hrs in since I logged in and got ready, and no success. Still in the queue no matter what I try. My date will likely sell out very quickly. First world problem, but I feel like crying.
Frustrating that some people are able to log right in and get them without waiting at all. Been on since before the queue opened waiting...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter