Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

One interesting thing, I notice that the 'select tickets' button lights up sometimes and goes dark on others, it makes me think that the portal opens to allow ppl in, then closes after so many ppl are in the process of selecting tix.

Cant get in with app. Close everything down. Delete app. Create new log in. Change internet to 5g. Shut off phone. Clear all log ins. Can‘t get in.

One interesting thing, I notice that the 'select tickets' button lights up sometimes and goes dark on others, it makes me think that the portal opens to allow ppl in, then closes after so many ppl are in the process of selecting tix.
I see that too. Sometimes it is blue, sometimes black. Same end result for me. No luck.

I had been in the queue on my desktop since it opened at 9am (nearly three hours). I followed the advice here, accessed the ticket page through my app and was able to buy them instantly. I appreciate the advice here so much! I would recommend clearing the cache and cookies in your browser before using the app to navigate if you're already using your mobile browser to access the existing queue. I didn't see any dates sold out at first glace but I was scrambling to get opening night tickets so I didn't check the full calendar 😅. If it's still rerouting you, try clearing the cache data in your app (through your phone's app settings) and your browser before trying again. Worst case scenario, uninstall and reinstall the app. I have no doubt plenty of tickets are still available due to this crash and it took me coming to this forum to finally get through.

On tuesday people were sharing queue links, is that not something anyone can do today? Since so many of you can get in over and over and already have tickets can you at least try to share links so the rest of us can try to see if it works? Pretty please???

Seems like the people who are getting in aren't even going through the queue, just getting in directly, so IDK if they'd even be able to send a queue link.

The rest of us are just stuck in the endless queue of death.

I see that too. Sometimes it is blue, sometimes black. Same end result for me. No luck.
So I assume that means you got past the queue before the pause? Or how/where are you that you even see a ticketing screen... I see main page, go to event tickets, and queue page. App just directly redirects to queue page. Direct link that was posted here before for ticket sales goes right to the queue page.

I didn't use the app workaround, I was lucky I had a page open to the event from before on my phone, and somehow at the bottom of the oogie boogie description was the "select tickets" button. I clicked and it let me in. It wasn't working for a while but it is working again now.

Not sure how it would have worked if I didn't have that page up, I tried the app method and didn't work for me
Same for me.

I have one Safari Browser where I still have the event page with "Select Tickets" open - the queue opened in a different tab. That queue is still open in the different tab. When I click "Select Tickets," 99% of the time, it just opens a 2nd tab with the same queue in it... but every now and then (like, 100s of clicks), it takes me to the calendar instead.

Nothing with the app, nothing with changing my browsers or internet or anything... no "tips" or "hacks" or "workarounds." It's just occasionally, randomly, letting me in.

Right now, it won't let me in again. It takes me to another tab with the same queue.

And again, my queue that was at 2 minutes when it paused is still stuck, so there's no "preference" there.

Anyway, I wish everyone luck. Nothing's sold out, and again, I think it will be awhile before anything does if they're selling such a small trickle of tickets.

Same for me.

I have one Safari Browser where I still have the event page with "Select Tickets" open - the queue opened in a different tab. That queue is still open in the different tab. When I click "Select Tickets," 99% of the time, it just opens a 2nd tab with the same queue in it... but every now and then (like, 100s of clicks), it takes me to the calendar instead.

Nothing with the app, nothing with changing my browsers or internet or anything... no "tips" or "hacks" or "workarounds." It's just occasionally, randomly, letting me in.

Right now, it won't let me in again. It takes me to another tab with the same queue.

And again, my queue that was at 2 minutes when it paused is still stuck, so there's no "preference" there.

Anyway, I wish everyone luck. Nothing's sold out, and again, I think it will be awhile before anything does if they're selling such a small trickle of tickets.
What's the link to the page for the select tickets? Is it just https://disneyland.disney.go.com/admission/events/oogie-boogie-bash/purchase/

What's the link to the page for the select tickets? Is it just https://disneyland.disney.go.com/admission/events/oogie-boogie-bash/purchase/
Yes, and like you, if I click that now (in Chrome, for what it's worth), it takes me directly to my queue.

In Safari, I have a tab that has a "select tickets" button, and a different tab with the queue, and that's how I can get to "Select Tickets."

I realize that's not helpful for you, and I'm sorry. It's super frustrating. If you have the ability to try a different browser, or just keep closing the one you have open and trying to get to the special events ticket page, I'd just keep trying that.

I logged on at 1 second after Noon (EDT) and got on right away. It took me 3 clicks of the confirmation button, but it finally went through. I got the first email that my order was pending, and then got confirmation for the 10/15 event. Sorry to hear about all the trouble people are having.

Yes, and like you, if I click that now (in Chrome, for what it's worth), it takes me directly to my queue.

In Safari, I have a tab that has a "select tickets" button, and a different tab with the queue, and that's how I can get to "Select Tickets."

I realize that's not helpful for you, and I'm sorry. It's super frustrating. If you have the ability to try a different browser, or just keep closing the one you have open and trying to get to the special events ticket page, I'd just keep trying that.
I am just doing some testing to hopefully help other people out. On mu iPhone I am going to the link - https://disneyland.disney.go.com/admission/events/oogie-boogie-bash/purchase/ and sometimes I am seeing "Coming Soon" and other times I am seeing "Select Tickets." The times it has said "Coming Soon" I closed the browser windows and tried to the link again with success.

I can't imagine them cancelling tickets for people who got confirmation emails and tickets in their app. Nobody's doing anything "wrong" getting in; it's just a weirdly lucky random fluke when you get in.

I did get in on one of my seven open browsers by just clicking the "Select Tickets" link repeatedly, but I have only gotten a "purchase pending" email, so I am not sure yet if it really worked. But I didn't do anything "special," I literally just hit the button over and over and once it popped to a calendar.

I am not assuming I have tickets until I get a confirmation email and they show up in my account.
This furthers my theory it is just a fail-open for the queue
Yes. The trick is to keep hitting it and hope one of your hits fails to complete the queue redirect.

I made an account just to post my experience. I was using google chrome on my phone, kept the select tickets page open and clicked that. I would get error screens right before the queue would show up again which is more than what my other browsers were doing. I ended up having to go to work so I kept the select tickets page open. Once I got inside I hit select tickets and was taken in! It might have been me connecting to the Wi-Fi here but that’s what worked for me, 4 tickets secured! And from what I saw, most of the dates are open (if not all but idk if that’s a glitch). Keep trying!!

This furthers my theory it is just a fail-open for the queue

Yes. The trick is to keep hitting it and hope one of your hits fails to complete the queue redirect.
It just takes me to the black page, should i be seeing select tickets first? Is that part of my problem?

It just takes me to the black page, should i be seeing select tickets first? Is that part of my problem?
The queue is a redirect from the purchase page. If you make it to the purchase page, you have successfully bypassed the queue. If you get the black queue page to load, you got redirected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter