Ontario - Best Medical and Travel Insurance for Son no longer covered with my Company Benefits?

Jo-Anne

DIS Veteran
Hi - OT - my son is now finished University and as of August 30 will no longer be covered by mine or my husband's company benefits for medical/dental and travel (we are both with Manulife). So now we are faced with searching for coverage starting Sept 1. He's also taking a 2 month trip starting mid September to Vietnam and Thailand. Before I go down the rabbit hole of all the various companies, are there ones you'd highly recommend with good coverage for this trip and until he finds a full time job with benefits. Thanks!

Since he will no longer be eligible for your group coverage he may be eligible to get an individual plan without the normal restrictions someone would have if they just got an individual plan -- IF he gets it within a certain number of dya (IIRC 30) of losing the group coverage.

Really important to check if those types of plans will apply and if they do to get it within the proper time window, otherwise the kinds of individual plans he would be eligible for will have much less coverage for more $. Manulife and Blue Cross both have those types of plans and have info about them on their websites.

For travel medical and interruption insurance we have an anual multi-trip policy with TuGo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter