Ontario and covid test

greenclan67

Callie35
So I know this is a dead horse...and I am sorry to ask. just want to make sure I am doing this right.
We fly from Pearson at 9:50 am Sunday Oct 17th...We don't have testing or a shoppers or a Walmart ( northern ontario) so we were leaving here Friday and getting tested Friday in the city next to us. 1.5 hours away. If I get the Rapid test to fly Friday afternoon and fly Sunday is that ok?
coming back the 24th so booked beepermd for Thursday evening. And need the ID NOW Naat test right? Anything else I need to know. Just want all my ducks in a row. TIA

You could test as early as Thursday for a Sunday flight going to the USA.

Yes, but just making sure that if I leave it until Friday morning or Friday afternoon it won't be to late, right? We are taking our girls back to university down southern ontario Friday, and back to Toronto sat to fly Sunday morning. So the earliest I can make a shoppers for testing is sometime Friday.

Yes, but just making sure that if I leave it until Friday morning or Friday afternoon it won't be to late, right? We are taking our girls back to university down southern ontario Friday, and back to Toronto sat to fly Sunday morning. So the earliest I can make a shoppers for testing is sometime Friday.

Yes, Thursday, Friday or Saturday testing is fine.

From the CDC site as part of their FAQs.

Why does the Order specify 3 days rather than 72 hours? What is considered 3 days?
The 3-day period is the 3 days before the flight’s departure. The Order uses a 3-day timeframe instead of 72 hours to provide more flexibility to the traveler. By using a 3-day window, test validity does not depend on the time of the flight or the time of day that the test was administered.

For example, if a passenger’s flight is at 1pm on a Friday, the passenger could board with a negative test that was taken any time on the prior Tuesday or after.

This whole timing thing is so confusing.
we booked beeperMD for coming home between 6-8pm dec 24 for an 11:35am flight dec 27 and I'm overthinking this and stressing as to if my timing is right or not.

This whole timing thing is so confusing.
we booked beeperMD for coming home between 6-8pm dec 24 for an 11:35am flight dec 27 and I'm overthinking this and stressing as to if my timing is right or not.
Your timing is correct however do you need to book that late in the day? I saw your posting in another thread and was going to respond— since beepermd is not guaranteed, I would be worried about booking such a late appointment on Christmas Eve. IF you aren’t successful with them, then your chances of a backup plan on Christmas Day are pretty slim. I would push it up to like noon-2pm to be on the safe side. I’ve been in the scrambling situation because a testing company failed on me and trust me it’s a horrible experience. I would also do like others in the forum and book a Walgreens backup appointment should beepermd not work out (but based on previous holidays when I have looked at availability, I think it would end up being for the 26th since they don’t seem to test on holidays)

Your timing is correct however do you need to book that late in the day? I saw your posting in another thread and was going to respond— since beepermd is not guaranteed, I would be worried about booking such a late appointment on Christmas Eve. IF you aren’t successful with them, then your chances of a backup plan on Christmas Day are pretty slim. I would push it up to like noon-2pm to be on the safe side. I’ve been in the scrambling situation because a testing company failed on me and trust me it’s a horrible experience. I would also do like others in the forum and book a Walgreens backup appointment should beepermd not work out (but based on previous holidays when I have looked at availability, I think it would end up being for the 26th since they don’t seem to test on holidays)
I have beeper MD booked to for flight home, but should I do a walgreens as backup too. Can you book it in advance. I thought I read somewhere you can only book so many days out with walgreens

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter