Onpoint Covid Testing? Or Better cheap options?

When you go to port to board, do you need the physical vaccination card or can you show an image on your phone? TIA

When you go to port to board, do you need the physical vaccination card or can you show an image on your phone? TIA

I'm not aware of any need to present the card (physical or otherwise) during boarding. Starting 15 days before your cruise, you upload an image of your vaccination card into the SafePassage website as part of your clearance to sail. I brought the physical cards with me on my last cruise, but I didn't need them for anything.

You’ll only need to show it if there was a problem with the SafePassage process. There may be venues that want to confirm your vaccination status, but all the places have accepted an image of it.

We did our OnPoint testing at 9:00 a.m. this morning. Quick and easy. We logged on to the Zoom link a few minutes before our appointment and the proctor started the meeting. My husband and I tested in front of the proctor and held up our neg. results. Within 5 min. we were emailed pdf files of our test results and uploaded them to Safe Passage. I was nervous about using a third party vendor, but everything seemed to work out fine. One weird thing, the proctor asked us for our passport numbers which I assumed would be notated on our test result, but they were not. Aside from that, everything went well.

We did our OnPoint testing at 9:00 a.m. this morning. Quick and easy. We logged on to the Zoom link a few minutes before our appointment and the proctor started the meeting. My husband and I tested in front of the proctor and held up our neg. results. Within 5 min. we were emailed pdf files of our test results and uploaded them to Safe Passage. I was nervous about using a third party vendor, but everything seemed to work out fine. One weird thing, the proctor asked us for our passport numbers which I assumed would be notated on our test result, but they were not. Aside from that, everything went well.
Does clicking the link automatically download the ZOOM software you need? Or is there an app?
TIA

My family's experience today was super easy. We signed up 10 days ago for a 7:15am slot two days before embarkation. We were finished with the proctor by 7:25 and had the PDF results (in my one email account--all together) by 7:35am. I uploaded to safe passage by 7:45, and they were approved between 4:42pm and 5:06pm. Clear to sail! :banana:

Want to give an update. We did this for 3 people this morning. We had a 5:45 AM EST appointment slot for 3 people. We all sat together, she verified our information (name, DOB, sailing date, ship, etc). then we showed her the test boxes we had for the test. For this test we had 2 different text boxes. We used one Flow Flex and one box of Binax Now. They didn't care as long as it matched what I listed when I made the appointments. I was clear to list that I was using One Flow Flex and 2 Binax Now. One box could be shared by two people they said. We opened the boxes in front of them and all three of us did our test at the same time. We angled the laptop camera at such a way and we sat close enough that they could see us all doing the test at once.

Since we were familiar with the tests already, she didn't give us any instructions just watched. We proceeded to use the tests like normal and just let her know when we were waiting for the results. She stayed on the line with us finishing verifying our information, confirming email address, etc while the test was "cooking". Once enough time had passed, we each showed her our test results at the camera, she verified they read negative and said we would get a document in about 15 minutes to one email. Since I had used my email to register for the appointment, all 3 test results came to my email as 3 PDFs. That was great and super easy for me to then upload into Safe Passage where they now wait approval as I write this.

A few things - the timing on the test result does show ONE hour earlier than my time zone - as they are in the Central Time Zone when they produce this test report. So I would be mindful of that and probably not schedule anything before at least 1 am ET on the day that you want the test.

We did register ourselves on the healthtracksRx site that they send in the confirmation email. It was super easy and I did not upload any insurance information on that site since not using insurance for this. No issues getting everything through even without uploading my insurance information.

They did not ask about expiration date or ask to see the expiration date on tests before doing it (ours were not expired and I told her that they are good tests until 2023).

When you create your healthtracksRx account you get a confirmation number. It is a bunch of numbers and letters - and it is different for each person. You need that number for each person before doing the test. I used my cell phone for all 3 of us so I had all 3 numbers already (in case anyone is doing for parent or minor this was super easy to manage with me getting all the information as the Dad).

I will definitely use them again based on this experience if testing is needed in the future (not trying to sell anything just giving my opinion on what I will do). I will update this post once Safe Passage tells me I am all clear to sail making sure that what they sent me is accepted by them (by my read it should be just fine).

Also, I should note that I made this appointment around 6 pm on Monday and tested Tuesday morning. When I paid and made my appointment on Monday, there were a lot of time slots open for Tuesday morning - including times up to 4 am ET, then a few times between 4 and 8 am ET (most were gone) and then a lot more time slots available after 8 am ET. So one could get a last minute appointment for testing if needed.

Happy to answer any questions about OnPoint. Happy Cruising!
That is good to know about the time zones. I scheduled mine at 1030 am London time. It should be about 430 am central I think.

Has anyone been on a B2B sailing and used a video test proctored service (like OnPoint) while onboard within the last 2 days of the first leg of their back to back cruise? I'm wondering if we can do this and upload our testing results to our safe passage account for the 2nd leg of our cruise and be cleared for testing in advance rather than wait for the cruise switchover day and get tested at the port.
Did you get an answer for this? I was wondering the same thing and found your question here. I don’t mind paying for my own test, if I knew two days before the second sailing if I’d be able to board.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered. I will be in a London hotel at time of testing and will only have my phone. Does this testing work with a cellphone or does it have to be done on a computer? Also, I have submitted a question (days ago) to OnPoint asking if they are honoring the FDA extension for expiration dates on the US government tests. I have 8 tests and all have an expiration date on the box of 8/11/2022 and I will be testing in September. According to a government website the tests I have do have an extension on the expiration date and I am hoping OnPoint will accept them and I do not have to buy more tests.

I apologize if this has been asked and answered. I will be in a London hotel at time of testing and will only have my phone. Does this testing work with a cellphone or does it have to be done on a computer? Also, I have submitted a question (days ago) to OnPoint asking if they are honoring the FDA extension for expiration dates on the US government tests. I have 8 tests and all have an expiration date on the box of 8/11/2022 and I will be testing in September. According to a government website the tests I have do have an extension on the expiration date and I am hoping OnPoint will accept them and I do not have to buy more tests.
We used Onpoint in June. They didn't ask for the expiration date of the tests, just what brand it is. If you have zoom already installed on your phone, you should be able to use it. I did it from home and used my tablet which worked well for doing 2 tests at the same time.

We used Onpoint in June. They didn't ask for the expiration date of the tests, just what brand it is. If you have zoom already installed on your phone, you should be able to use it. I did it from home and used my tablet which worked well for doing 2 tests at the same time.
Thank you!

Just did testing two days ago, they didn't ask for expiration dates. They just wanted to see that the boxes were sealed before we started.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter