• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Onpoint Covid Testing? Or Better cheap options?

Has anyone been on a B2B sailing and used a video test proctored service (like OnPoint) while onboard within the last 2 days of the first leg of their back to back cruise? I'm wondering if we can do this and upload our testing results to our safe passage account for the 2nd leg of our cruise and be cleared for testing in advance rather than wait for the cruise switchover day and get tested at the port.

Last edited:
Just registered for OnPoint, it’s asking me to register patients under

HealthTrackRX Patient Portal​

When doing so, it’s asking for insurance info. What is the reason for this? Anyone know? I already paid OnPoint.
No need to put in insurance info. There should be another option like bill pay/self pay. tThat worked for us. I assume the insurance part is there for the lin person tests that they do in certain locations?

Has anyone been on a B2B sailing and used a video test proctored service (like OnPoint) while onboard within the last 2 days of the first leg of their back to back cruise? I'm wondering if we can do this and upload our testing results to our safe passage account for the 2nd leg of our cruise and be cleared for testing in advance rather than wait for the cruise switchover day and get tested at the port.
I saw another post on here that for B2B sailings DCL will pay for testing in between cruises.

The wifi is so terrible, I can't imagine finding a way to do that. And you'd EAT a ton of data. Maybe with the new package you could do that but not on the ships with the old wifi.

We sail this Monday. I originally scheduled OnPoint for 10am today but changed it to 1am EST this morning in hopes it would help me sleep.

I confirmed with the lady that the report would state 7/16 because I was worried about a time zone difference. She confirmed that it would.

When I got the report it said 12:02am as collection time even though it should have been 1:02am. I know an hour isn’t much of a difference and 7/16 is 7/16 but for some reason I am nervous they won’t like it.

Has anyone tested that early? Any issues?

I know I am good because I have been testing all week (I test every time I got visit my mom) and haven’t gone anywhere for a week and a half. Just wanted to get the test over with so I could pack.

How close to your cruise is everyone purchasing through onpoint? Would you think purchasing a week before our cruise is enough time to schedule the appointment? Or would they sell out of slots? Does this make sense?
Thanks!

How close to your cruise is everyone purchasing through onpoint? Would you think purchasing a week before our cruise is enough time to schedule the appointment? Or would they sell out of slots? Does this make sense?
Thanks!
I bought it 6 days before the cruise (4 days before we tested.). No issues getting the time slots we wanted. I think there's only issues getting a specific time slot if you're purchasing it the day you plan to use it.

I would keep an eye on prices though, as they randomly go up and down. When I was checking out the site, it was $13.99/test, and it went down to $9.99 the next day (when I actually bought it.)

Has anyone had to test under 5 years old? I see that they don’t accept the rapid antigen which I believe are the ones from the government, binax etc. Curious what that process is.

I bought it 6 days before the cruise (4 days before we tested.). No issues getting the time slots we wanted. I think there's only issues getting a specific time slot if you're purchasing it the day you plan to use it.

I would keep an eye on prices though, as they randomly go up and down. When I was checking out the site, it was $13.99/test, and it went down to $9.99 the next day (when I actually bought it.)
Thank you!

Has anyone had to test under 5 years old? I see that they don’t accept the rapid antigen which I believe are the ones from the government, binax etc. Curious what that process is.
Since they require PCR tests, you can do it three days or less. We sailed on a Monday, so tested our little ones on Friday morning at their medical clinic, got results overnight, and uploaded to Safe Passage. We could see when their results were approved because their status beame Clear to Arrive, but they didn't get Clear to Sail until after the negative test at the port.

Does anyone know how late you can pay and book appointments? Is it instant? Are there delays in appointment times etc? Thank you!

Has anyone tested an under 5 child, some place close to Disney. My 3 day mark, i'll already be at Disney, so can't use normal pediatric Dr. for PCR test at home.

Has anyone used On Point and can verify which time zone your results will come in? I am wondering if can do like a 12:15am test rather than waiting till morning, but don't want to risk it showing up as 3 Days prior to our cruise. Thanks!

Has anyone here used the Canadian government issued Covid tests with On-Point? (Green Boxes "Rapid Response" by BTNX)

Has anyone used On Point and can verify which time zone your results will come in? I am wondering if can do like a 12:15am test rather than waiting till morning, but don't want to risk it showing up as 3 Days prior to our cruise. Thanks!
Interested as well…

When I did On Point yesterday, they asked me where I was and what time it was here. And the results were correct based on that time

Want to give an update. We did this for 3 people this morning. We had a 5:45 AM EST appointment slot for 3 people. We all sat together, she verified our information (name, DOB, sailing date, ship, etc). then we showed her the test boxes we had for the test. For this test we had 2 different text boxes. We used one Flow Flex and one box of Binax Now. They didn't care as long as it matched what I listed when I made the appointments. I was clear to list that I was using One Flow Flex and 2 Binax Now. One box could be shared by two people they said. We opened the boxes in front of them and all three of us did our test at the same time. We angled the laptop camera at such a way and we sat close enough that they could see us all doing the test at once.

Since we were familiar with the tests already, she didn't give us any instructions just watched. We proceeded to use the tests like normal and just let her know when we were waiting for the results. She stayed on the line with us finishing verifying our information, confirming email address, etc while the test was "cooking". Once enough time had passed, we each showed her our test results at the camera, she verified they read negative and said we would get a document in about 15 minutes to one email. Since I had used my email to register for the appointment, all 3 test results came to my email as 3 PDFs. That was great and super easy for me to then upload into Safe Passage where they now wait approval as I write this.

A few things - the timing on the test result does show ONE hour earlier than my time zone - as they are in the Central Time Zone when they produce this test report. So I would be mindful of that and probably not schedule anything before at least 1 am ET on the day that you want the test.

We did register ourselves on the healthtracksRx site that they send in the confirmation email. It was super easy and I did not upload any insurance information on that site since not using insurance for this. No issues getting everything through even without uploading my insurance information.

They did not ask about expiration date or ask to see the expiration date on tests before doing it (ours were not expired and I told her that they are good tests until 2023).

When you create your healthtracksRx account you get a confirmation number. It is a bunch of numbers and letters - and it is different for each person. You need that number for each person before doing the test. I used my cell phone for all 3 of us so I had all 3 numbers already (in case anyone is doing for parent or minor this was super easy to manage with me getting all the information as the Dad).

I will definitely use them again based on this experience if testing is needed in the future (not trying to sell anything just giving my opinion on what I will do). I will update this post once Safe Passage tells me I am all clear to sail making sure that what they sent me is accepted by them (by my read it should be just fine).

Also, I should note that I made this appointment around 6 pm on Monday and tested Tuesday morning. When I paid and made my appointment on Monday, there were a lot of time slots open for Tuesday morning - including times up to 4 am ET, then a few times between 4 and 8 am ET (most were gone) and then a lot more time slots available after 8 am ET. So one could get a last minute appointment for testing if needed.

Happy to answer any questions about OnPoint. Happy Cruising!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter