• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Only way to get charging info from MB is from front desk?

Llama mama

DIS Veteran
I have never used my magic band for charging . I am planning on using the band for all merchandise and food charging. Is it better to stop every few day at the front desk for a printout ? Or just ask for one on day of checkout?
Is the info listed anywhere on your MDE account?

Last edited:
I always go down every few days and put cash on the account which gives me the print out,

I like to to ensure everything is accurate.

I always go down every few days and put cash on the account which gives me the print out,

I like to to ensure everything is accurate.
I didn’t know you could put cash on it. Is there a cash limit? Thank you. I like this idea.

When we travel, my friend puts a separate CC on her MB. Then halfway through the trip she asks for a list of room charges to her band. Then she asks for another list upon checkout. It helps her stay on budget.

Last year my husband would go to the lobby every morning or evening find out the previous days charges and pay it off with cash. He did not want to come home to a huge credit card bill. So the only charge that we had left was the daily parking fee that posted after midnight left upon checkout.

We are planning to do this again in October.

Yes! I bring so much cash but hate to carry. So, every night, or so, I stop down and put down the cash to cover some of it,

The only limit is the balance of what you owe, The last night, i typically get it down to a nice number so I go home with less on the CC.

This way I get the use of the MB and not the big bill at the end!

Yes! I bring so much cash but hate to carry. So, every night, or so, I stop down and put down the cash to cover some of it,

The only limit is the balance of what you owe, The last night, i typically get it down to a nice number so I go home with less on the CC.

This way I get the use of the MB and not the big bill at the end!

Thank you! This is fantastic. I never thought of doing this.:)

I didn’t know you could put cash on it. Is there a cash limit? Thank you. I like this idea.
No you cannot put cash towards "future" room charges, but you can use cash to pay off your current balance.
I usually buy discounted WDW GCs, and like others, I will go down every few days and the last night to payoff the balance with my GC(s) and I always ask for a printout so I can quickly check for any wrong charges. It is on MDE and I like to quickly check it, but I still rather have a paper copy every few days because it's just easier to read.

I usually don’t charge to MB. I like to have a running balance of what I spent. So I buy GC and load it with enough $ to last me at least half way thru our trip for food. And another for merch. Then I reload as needed.
Sometimes the Guest Service desk at the resort has long lines that I don’t want to wait in. So I find GCs easier. It works for me.

I like to personally attach a cash back CC to my account, charge everything, and let the CC pay it at the end. Saves me a few %. I do check about every other day on the app to make sure everything is correct though. Have only had 1 issue in a bunch of trips with something being double charged. They took it off, no big deal.

I usually don’t charge to MB. I like to have a running balance of what I spent. So I buy GC and load it with enough $ to last me at least half way thru our trip for food. And another for merch. Then I reload as needed.
Sometimes the Guest Service desk at the resort has long lines that I don’t want to wait in. So I find GCs easier. It works for me.
There's a running balance in your Room Folio in MDE.

We charge to our MB's because with 4 of us, it's just so much easier if one of us wants to quickly break off and buy something and not have to worry about giving everyone a GC or needing the person that has the GC to be with the group all the time. This saves a lot of time at CS food places, where you have to go into different lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter