Only Engaged Once, Let's Celebrate! Sept 2015 PTR Update 7.29

Day 2- Another relaxing day

I think it is becoming a habit with us...I post and then you post another update. ;)

So even though our Day 1 we are having a relaxing day....we are doing it again on Day 2!

When making our plans for this trip we decided we wanted to try some new restaurants and do things a little differently than last trip. So on Day 2 we are going to "sleep in" which usually isn't very late. Then we're going to head to Old Key West and have breakfast at Olivia's for the first time!

Although I've just started my TR, I'm nowhere near the breakfast there, but I can tell you that we had a great breakfast as always. I'll go back through my pictures at home and try to remember what I had...but it was good.

Our reservation is at 10:20AM so after breakfast we will probably walk around and explore a bit and even head to Downtown Disney.

Take the boat to DTD...a nice ride.

We don't have any other plans for during the day so we're just going to play it by ear. We might even go play mini golf!

After that we are going to get ready for dinner at the resort and take a bus to Epcot to walk to Beach Club. I think that is the easiest way to get there?!

We have a 6:50 dinner reservation for Beaches & Cream! Another new one! We also have never been around this resort area so we'll probably do some exploring and I think head over to the BoardWalk and we might go to the dueling piano bar Jelly Rolls!

Ate here this trip too and had an awesome meal and dessert.

Day 3- First Park Day of the trip!

On Monday, Labor Day, we are headed to the Magic Kingdom! I know it might not be advised to go there on Labor Day, but I have to go to MK first.

Here are our touring plans for the day! They're a little ambitious so we'll see how much we actually get done.

I've been to the MK on Labor Day a couple of times and we have never had an issue with crowds. Hopefully you will have the same luck.

Yup- we are having lunch AND dinner at Be Our Guest! Joe LOVED lunch last time- I enjoyed it too but didn't feel like it was a must since we are doing dinner but since he wanted to we are. And Dinner I'm excited about just because we haven't done it yet. I can't decide between the steak or the sea food pastry...we'll see! I am praying the crowds aren't that bad since it is Labor Day, but oh well we have the entire day there so I am excited!

Kathy this is for you its not letting me quote you :(

Haha I think it is becoming a habit!

I can't wait to read your TR because we have so many similar breakfasts! I'm looking forward to all the boat rides to DTD too!

Good to hear that you have been on Labor Day and it wasn't too bad. I'm hoping since Labor Day is so late this year it won't be either.

Also- thank you for your advice on Vistaprint...we're going to order our save the dates through them and then possibly our invites too! SO much less expensive then other websites!

Ohhhhhh Love all the down relaxing Disney your doing! going to enjoy it so so much more!!!
Yes MK is the place to start!

Kathy this is for you its not letting me quote you :(

Haha I think it is becoming a habit!

I have that problem with certain threads too. :confused3
I can't wait to read your TR because we have so many similar breakfasts! I'm looking forward to all the boat rides to DTD too!

With all the construction, the boat is the best!

Good to hear that you have been on Labor Day and it wasn't too bad. I'm hoping since Labor Day is so late this year it won't be either.

We went over three Labor Days and the crowds were quite manageable...never waited more than 15 minutes!

Also- thank you for your advice on Vistaprint...we're going to order our save the dates through them and then possibly our invites too! SO much less expensive then other websites!

Oh, I am SO happy to hear this. Mark and Alisha were very pleased with Vistaprint...the save the dates (which were the magnet kind that you could put on the refrigerator) and the wedding invites were lovely.

A second relaxing day sounds great!

After that we are going to get ready for dinner at the resort and take a bus to Epcot to walk to Beach Club. I think that is the easiest way to get there?!

If I'm remembering correctly, I think you have to go through Epcot to get to Beach Club - meaning that you can't get there from the Epcot bus without using a park ticket. I think the best way to do it is take the bus to Hollywood Studios and either walk or take the boat.

On Monday, Labor Day, we are headed to the Magic Kingdom! I know it might not be advised to go there on Labor Day, but I have to go to MK first.

I totally get this! We've actually never done MK first (I know, blasphemous, but it's never worked out that way for us), but we're doing it next trip and I'm so excited!

Here are our touring plans for the day! They're a little ambitious so we'll see how much we actually get done.

Plans look awesome! Yes, there's a lot on there, but hopefully you'll be able to get a decent chunk of it done!

And I love that you're doing lunch & dinner at BOG! BOG is awesome, and you'll get to see the Beast after dinner, which is fun!

Plans look great! I love the relaxing "play it be ear" second day! It just means you'll be well rested for MK.

I don't think you're plans are overly ambitious; if you spread it out you guys will see it all! And like my mama always told us, you can always go back!

Hi Lauren! It took me a while to get back on the boards, but now i'm all caught up!

I hate to hear that about your job. I went through the same thing about four years ago, luckily we were all saved and our jobs secured, but getting use to a new company can be quite challenging sometimes! Hoping everything works out for you with the job search.

Loved all the Colorado pics and your day 2 and 3 plans! We are spending Labor Day in MK too! Your plans are very similar to ours! :thumbsup2 We are planning to do breakfast at Gaston's Tavern and have a 11:10 am lunch reservation at BOG! Great minds think alike!:D

Oh, I am SO happy to hear this. Mark and Alisha were very pleased with Vistaprint...the save the dates (which were the magnet kind that you could put on the refrigerator) and the wedding invites were lovely.

I just ordered some sample save the dates! It's crazy how quickly time goes while you're planning a wedding. I'll post them once I have the final one picked out :)

A second relaxing day sounds great!

I can't wait to relax for 2 days before the parks!

If I'm remembering correctly, I think you have to go through Epcot to get to Beach Club - meaning that you can't get there from the Epcot bus without using a park ticket. I think the best way to do it is take the bus to Hollywood Studios and either walk or take the boat.

Oh good to know! I wasn't sure how that worked.

I totally get this! We've actually never done MK first (I know, blasphemous, but it's never worked out that way for us), but we're doing it next trip and I'm so excited!

I think you'll love doing MK first! I love doing it first and last! :)

Plans look awesome! Yes, there's a lot on there, but hopefully you'll be able to get a decent chunk of it done!

Hopefully! I'm praying for low crowds! We were spoiled last September!

And I love that you're doing lunch & dinner at BOG! BOG is awesome, and you'll get to see the Beast after dinner, which is fun!

I'm looking forward to meeting the Beast! I keep forgetting he is there for dinner.

Following along!

Welcome! Glad you are following along :)

Plans look great! I love the relaxing "play it be ear" second day! It just means you'll be well rested for MK.

Very true!!

I don't think you're plans are overly ambitious; if you spread it out you guys will see it all! And like my mama always told us, you can always go back!
Also very true! It is such a long day too since we are staying there the entire day so I think we should be good :)

Loved your trip report. Fun to read and lots of good information to know.
Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying it and following along! :)

Hi Lauren! It took me a while to get back on the boards, but now i'm all caught up!

Glad you are all caught up! and in time for some more posts since we leave soon I need to get a lot of posts done!!

I hate to hear that about your job. I went through the same thing about four years ago, luckily we were all saved and our jobs secured, but getting use to a new company can be quite challenging sometimes! Hoping everything works out for you with the job search.

Thank you very much! It is definitely an interesting time.

Loved all the Colorado pics and your day 2 and 3 plans! We are spending Labor Day in MK too! Your plans are very similar to ours! :thumbsup2 We are planning to do breakfast at Gaston's Tavern and have a 11:10 am lunch reservation at BOG! Great minds think alike!:D
That is awesome! Maybe we will see eachother! I mean our plans are so similar there is a good chance!!

Day 4!

Day 4 is going to be our Hollywood Studios Day! I'm a little nervous with all the closings that we won't need a full day here- but oh well there's always things to explore!

This is also the day that our friends Ryan & Sam will be joining us!! They still haven't done their fast passes (newbies) so we may have a couple times through out the day when were not together.

Here are our plans for the day!

I'm really looking forward to dinner since it is at a new one for us. I think I am going to get the pot roast...but I also really want to try the fried chicken...but I'm not a fan of meat loaf. Maybe Joe and I will have to get opposite things so we can share! :)

I need to make sure we have time to see Lights Motor Action! this year because we missed it last year and it was something I Know Joe would really enjoy. I was so scared it would be closed before our next trip, so I'm glad it is still there.

I am very sad that we aren't going to be able to do the Animation Academy and learn to draw another character...Joe is really bummed too because we loved it last year.

I actually just got a text from him saying, "it's crazy how excited I am for Disney". I love how different the planning for this trip has been! I can't believe he's become so into Disney just since our last trip last September, it's great!

I'm going to post a life/wedding planning update in a minute :)

I just had the hardest time quoting your post for some reason! Now that it is working, I just wanted to say that I am sad as well about Animator's Academy closing! It was always one of our favorite things to do...especially when it was hot!

We love 50's Prime Time and always get the sampler platter because trying to choose between the fried chicken and the pot roast is just too dang hard!

Can't wait to hear about your wedding plans!

Last edited:
LIFE UPDATE!

A couple weekends ago Joe & I had a combined birthday party Luau! :)

And Joe got me some awesome birthday presents!

I love this shirt!

For when I get to pick a pearl in 25 days! :)

I also surprised him with some canvas prints of our engagement pictures! :goodvibes

And with all this craziness in my life this quote really has been helping me get by :goodvibes

I'm really looking forward to dinner since it is at a new one for us. I think I am going to get the pot roast...but I also really want to try the fried chicken...

us too!!! And i just adore how you did the pages on the itinerary! going to steal this idea!
I agree the fried chicken has such great reviews! Sampling is the best!!! plus i want to get into trouble here....

I actually just got a text from him saying, "it's crazy how excited I am for Disney".

This is the sweetest thing ever!

I also surprised him with some canvas prints of our engagement pictures!

OMG i love how they came out!!! I was hummm and hawing abotu doing canvas.. YOU SOLD ME! plsu i get it for cost from my site! WOOHOO!

Your party looks like a lot of fun! i had to take a long look at the picture.. I thought you were wearing a flamingo hat!!! :rotfl2:

Scored some AWESOME gifts!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you both!
You posted your pictures.. What did he get?

I'm joining in! Loved reading your TR last year and will be following along (and actually commenting) this year!

PS. DH and I are also going back in September!
PPS. My DH is also named Joe! Whaaa!? :earseek:

I didn't see an update on your TR title, so missed that you had done this. The Studios is making it very hard to stay for even a half day for us with all that they are closing. :(

Your birthday luau looks like fun (love your dress) and what wonderful gifts.

I think that with the shows, you should hopefully have enough to fill a day at Hollywood Studios. I think that they may close more things soon, but probably not much will be closed by September.

Both of the birthday presents got you are great - the shirt is adorable, and the necklace for the pearl is beautiful!
And I love the pictures you printed for him - such a perfect present!

I am with you on HS, I'm concerned we spread hints out too much with ADRs and FP+ my hope is that enough stuff is still open that we can do a bunch of things one last time.

What a fun party!! You guys are so cute.

LOVE the canvas prints. Things like that are so wonderful.

You're so close to the trip now! Under 30, I know cause we arrive the day you leave. Here hoping for a DIS "bump into" :p

So I keep trying to quote you about getting stuck on the gondola in Breck, but I can't get it to shorten. My fiancé and I moved from Breckenridge to Florida just over a year ago. I cannot stand that gondola- It gives me motion sickness and I always seem to get stuck on it. Fun fact- it has no adjustable air vents to prevent people from throwing objects out because it goes over endangered boral toad mating area!

That is so sucky about your job. On the plus side, at least you know all these changes are coming down the pipeline so you can start looking fo a different job with plenty of time.

Your plans are looking great- I wish I could go during a slow time, but I'm a behavior interventionist at a middle school, so of course I can only go during "prime time" like everyone else.

Studios has been a 1/3 day park for me lately. I usually get there around rope drop, ride RnRC single rider and with FP+, ToT, TSMM, and Star Tours. (some more than once) Hit up Starring Rolls for breakfast and try throw in a show or a meet and greet. I can usually get all that done by 10:30 with an 8am opening. Then, I "get my fill".
The Studios is such a shell of a park these days. You can probably stretch it if you do all the shows, but that last ADR seems too late for me- YMMV. Plus, I CANNOT STAND that "reporter" lady who questions people right in front of the studios "hub". Even with THIS happening in March, I was gone for the park by noon. I just get my "fill" so early and would rather be in the other parks.

Lastly, you're SO CLOSE to your trip!! Woohoo!image.jpg

I just had the hardest time quoting your post for some reason! Now that it is working, I just wanted to say that I am sad as well about Animator's Academy closing! It was always one of our favorite things to do...especially when it was hot!

We love 50's Prime Time and always get the sampler platter because trying to choose between the fried chicken and the pot roast is just too dang hard!

Can't wait to hear about your wedding plans!

I don't get why sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not! I am so sad about it closing too :( We are going to frame our drawings from last year and I was hoping we could do that again this year!

I may have to try the sampler!

us too!!! And i just adore how you did the pages on the itinerary! going to steal this idea!
I agree the fried chicken has such great reviews! Sampling is the best!!! plus i want to get into trouble here....

Thanks! If you want my word documents, I can email them to you- just let me know! I can't wait to eat there it just looks so good!

This is the sweetest thing ever!

I know he is so excited this time around!

OMG i love how they came out!!! I was hummm and hawing abotu doing canvas.. YOU SOLD ME! plsu i get it for cost from my site! WOOHOO!

That's great! I got such a good deal on these canvases from photobucket...and they're SO NICE!

Your party looks like a lot of fun! i had to take a long look at the picture.. I thought you were wearing a flamingo hat!!! :rotfl2:

Hahahaha! I didn't even notice that, but it does look like I am wearing a flamingo hat!

Scored some AWESOME gifts!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you both!
You posted your pictures.. What did he get?

Thank you!! I bought the canvases as a surprise and was going to give them to Joe as his part of his bday present but I didn't wait. I also got him this "Oh boy" Mickey shirt he wanted, a hidden mickey book, and a frog togg for him to use at work and if he wants to bring it to Disney! :)

I'm joining in! Loved reading your TR last year and will be following along (and actually commenting) this year!

Thank you!! I'm glad you are following along! I will hopefully finish up my plans before we leave in 11 days!

PS. DH and I are also going back in September! yay!!!
PPS. My DH is also named Joe! Whaaa!? :earseek:

Wow! that is so funny! Will we be there the same time in September?

I didn't see an update on your TR title, so missed that you had done this. The Studios is making it very hard to stay for even a half day for us with all that they are closing. :(

I know! I am hoping since we didn't do a lot of the shows last time, we'll be able to stay a whole day.

Your birthday luau looks like fun (love your dress) and what wonderful gifts.

Thank you! it was a lot of fun!

I think that with the shows, you should hopefully have enough to fill a day at Hollywood Studios. I think that they may close more things soon, but probably not much will be closed by September.

That is what I am hoping!

Both of the birthday presents got you are great - the shirt is adorable, and the necklace for the pearl is beautiful!
And I love the pictures you printed for him - such a perfect present!

Thank you! I love the shirt so much! I'm trying to figure out what shirts to wear each day now!

I am with you on HS, I'm concerned we spread hints out too much with ADRs and FP+ my hope is that enough stuff is still open that we can do a bunch of things one last time.

That is what I am hoping! and with how the fast passes are at HS with Toy Story Mania , we still want to get there at rope drop so we can do Toy Story Mania right when it opens!

What a fun party!! You guys are so cute.

Thank you! :)

LOVE the canvas prints. Things like that are so wonderful.

I know! I can't wait to get ones after our Wedding!

You're so close to the trip now! Under 30, I know cause we arrive the day you leave. Here hoping for a DIS "bump into" :p

We leave in 11 days!! So hoping we meet that day!

So I keep trying to quote you about getting stuck on the gondola in Breck, but I can't get it to shorten. My fiancé and I moved from Breckenridge to Florida just over a year ago. I cannot stand that gondola- It gives me motion sickness and I always seem to get stuck on it. Fun fact- it has no adjustable air vents to prevent people from throwing objects out because it goes over endangered boral toad mating area!

That's so funny! It was fun to do it once, but I don't know if I would do it again! And that is so crazy that that is why there are no air vents. It did get SUPER hot in there- especially with how many people we had in it.

That is so sucky about your job. On the plus side, at least you know all these changes are coming down the pipeline so you can start looking fo a different job with plenty of time.

Very true :) Which is what I have been busy doing!

Your plans are looking great- I wish I could go during a slow time, but I'm a behavior interventionist at a middle school, so of course I can only go during "prime time" like everyone else.

Ahh gothca, that stinks! At least its Disney and still good anytime - if you plan it right!

Studios has been a 1/3 day park for me lately. I usually get there around rope drop, ride RnRC single rider and with FP+, ToT, TSMM, and Star Tours. (some more than once) Hit up Starring Rolls for breakfast and try throw in a show or a meet and greet. I can usually get all that done by 10:30 with an 8am opening. Then, I "get my fill".
The Studios is such a shell of a park these days. You can probably stretch it if you do all the shows, but that last ADR seems too late for me- YMMV. Plus, I CANNOT STAND that "reporter" lady who questions people right in front of the studios "hub". Even with THIS happening in March, I was gone for the park by noon. I just get my "fill" so early and would rather be in the other parks.

Yeah if we had park hoppers we definitely wouldn't be staying a whole day! I don't know what reporter lady you are talking about though!

Lastly, you're SO CLOSE to your trip!! Woohoo!View attachment 116471
Yay 11 Days!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter