only adults

Hi sueoz and welcome to the DIS! :)

Yes, you will definitely enjoy yourselves without children on the Disney ships. They are structured so that the children can and do keep busy with clubs, activities and family oriented fun. I rarely found any children in the adult areas as they do post signs, for example at the adult pool area.

You will enjoy yourselves immensely! I know I have on my 3 Disney Cruises! :)

We cruised with our children and my whole family. DH and I are going back again to do all the adult things we couldnt do with the kids. There is so much for adults, the we felt we missed out on so much(we still had a great time, BTW)! I would think, adults cruising w/out kids should have a blast, and Ill be able to tell you for sure in a few months. ;) :D

We're two adults, also "50-ish" and had a blast last year on our four-night cruise. We had so much fun that we're going it again in December, and taking Grandpa with us...still no kids! The kids will go with us in November of 2003.

Beth

sueoz, i just posted a trip report tonight from our 3/23 magical voyage which you may want to read. my wife and i are both 41, and we had a great time. i think disney does the cruise thing right, with activities and areas for all age groups. i wouldnt hesitate going, especially if you are a disney fan.

My DH and I are getting ready for our third Disney cruise and we have no kids. Disney has so much for everyone that there is always something to do (or nothing if that is what you prefer).

This is our first trip alone - our last two trips we had my in-laws with us. They are gong with us next year when we do the 7-day Western, but this trip is just for us.

Enjoy your cruise!

We have also reached that "magic age" ;) and are going on our third Disney cruise in Feb. (Our kids have grown up and are on their own.) We have a great time and can't wait to get back on board. Our first DCL cruise was the 3-day, but decided it was not enough. Our second cruise was the 7-day (Eastern Carib.) and we have our next 7-day reserved (Western Carib.). You can do as much or as little as you want. We usually just chill out and relax. But there is really a lot to do onboard. It is just so much fun, no matter what your age! :D

We are going on our 4th Magic cruise in Sept. We did take our son on the second cruise but he was 30, took his girl friend and asked her to marry him during the cruise. They enjoyed it so much that they took the Wonder cruise as part of their honeymoon the next year.
We have had the pleasure of dinning with many couples in the 30-50 year old range during our cruises and they all said it was the time of their lifes.
DO IT!

My DH and I are about to take our third Disney cruise. Our adult children have gone with us and will again. So far, they haven't held us back. We are 50-somethings also. The adult areas on the ship are just that, except for the exciting time when we leave port - then we are all as excited as the children and it doesn't matter.

We are 30-somethings that have cruised DCL 3 times. We have numbers 4 & 5 booked for October. You will love it!

sueoz,
You will LOVE a Disney Cruise!!! My husband and I do not have any children and have sailed with Disney 3 times. We had a magical time on all 3 cruises. We found plenty of quiet places to sit and talk. We also enjoyed the 70's party a lot.:D

We have not yet reached the big 5-0 (although hubby is getting close), but we have sailed on Disney 20 times (next one is only 2 weeks away) and think they are the BEST for childless adults. The adults-only areas are excellent, and unlike RCCL, Disney actually enforces them. On our last trip, we noticed that they had even added larger, more visible signs at the adult beach. They take the enjoyment of their adult travelers very seriously and make sure there are great areas, activities, etc. People think we are crazy for sailing Disney because of its perception as a kids' line, but I think it's the best for the "big kids" too.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter