Only 1 refill of bread allowed at Sebastain's now

EQgMPp4XUAA91zT.jpg

I have found it can be hit or miss with seconds at any of the prix fix restaurants. Once at BOG I was torn between the filet and the scallops. Our waiter suggested both and brought me out the filet main corse with a side of scallops. The next time we went I asked for the same thing and was told they couldn't do that. Then the same thing happened at CRT but with the charcuterie board. We asked for a second one and we were told no, next time we went they offered us another one because my youngest ate all the jam and fruit. At California Grill for the 50th dinner, I asked for and received a second order of Sushi for my app. ( I cannot get enough Kazan Roll lol ) He got a nice tip. Also both our girls got a second dessert to share. No questions asked.

Can you get honey? Butter?

No one in America buys honey butter already made. You simply make it by mixing the 2 together.
Our butter here isn't like American butter. Its hard and not like the soft whipped kind you get in America.
I'm happy to dream about it during trips lol!

I told a Ukrainian friend of mine this story and she said (from her new group home in Germany) that she’s outraged. She thinks her husband would be too, but, well, she hasn’t had contact with him in a couple weeks.
I completely get your point, but then, every complaint on the Dis is subject to this sentiment. Room type, room location, pool visitors...

I agree a roll should have replaced.
I have been told by a waiter at Boma and seen with my own eyes people do in fact bring bags and containers. we are not big buffet people stopped after the big price increases. But did frequent Germany, Boma maybe 4 times cape may around the same. On more than one occasion we have seen food taken. On the other hand at WC the waiter packed up what was left which was not much but I guess better than it being tossed. Disney makes a good profit however I am sure they have percentage they must meet and if that does not happen….. cuts are made to something and obviously this was something that had to have been an issue.
I stayed at AKL this May, I got on the elevators by Boma and there was a guy with a bowl of chocolate chip cookies. Didn’t bother with trying to be sneaky. Just walked out with soup bowl of cookies.

Sebastians is family style but not all you can eat. When we ate there last year we found out it is one serving of everything, bread was two. I asked for more salad and they did bring more salad.

I had no idea it wasn't an AYCTE meal. I was thinking family style meals were buffets. Are there other family style meals that are a AYCTE on Disney property?

I had no idea it wasn't an AYCTE meal. I was thinking family style meals were buffets. Are there other family style meals that are a AYCTE on Disney property?
We ate at Liberty Tree Tavern (post-shutdown) and it was AYCTE. That was October, 2020. I'm not sure whether supply chain issues have caused them to change their policy.

The majority of the family style non buffets are all you can eat- Liberty Tree Tavern, Ohana, Garden Grill, skillets at Whispering Canyon. Sebastian isn’t but it significantly cheaper

I told a Ukrainian friend of mine this story and she said (from her new group home in Germany) that she’s outraged. She thinks her husband would be too, but, well, she hasn’t had contact with him in a couple weeks.

I told a Syrian friend of mine about your Ukrainian friend and she laughed.

Oh, thats sad. We had such a nice meal here last March. My 7 year old would literally only eat the rolls and went through 4 or 5 on his own. Our waiter brought them out for him without us even asking.

She would probably also be outraged by a variety of other discussions on this site. Are you going to add this post to all of those as well?

It's a Disney message board. People are going to discuss first world type problems.

There is a thread on the Community Board discussing support for the people of Ukraine if you'd like to participate.

Certainly, the waiter should have replaced the dropped roll. I do know that a number of sit-downs (Skipper's, Cinderella's, etc.) are no longer serving bread period. Also, La Hacienda at EPCOT now charges for chips and salsa.

Why would you tell someone going through that kind of upheaval a nonsense story from a Disney forum?you don’t sound like a great friend to her.

Certainly, the waiter should have replaced the dropped roll. I do know that a number of sit-downs (Skipper's, Cinderella's, etc.) are no longer serving bread period. Also, La Hacienda at EPCOT now charges for chips and salsa.
Boathouse still serves bread. But that is not disney owned.
Ale n compass was a one and done for us this year as it is not cheap and they charged for bread...no thank you!
Boathouse is significantly better food and prices were similar.

Reading this all I can think of is how every time I eat at Chipotle I ask for a side of sour cream and it's always free because...you know...it's sour cream. But to each business their own I guess. The needing approval to get a replacement is the crazy part. Maybe these rolls were being abused I have no idea...two per person isn't the end of the world but yeah you really screw with the magic when you're not brought another roll for a child...I mean...it's literally a place that caters to kids. This has to be a Sebastian's specific policy and hard to think anyone beyond the restaurant or CBR had much immediate
I need to go to your chipotle! All of the ones near us charge $1 for sour cream. Most of the sit down Mexican / Tex-Mexican type places charge $1.50-$2 for a little cup.

Our butter here isn't like American butter. Its hard and not like the soft whipped kind you get in America.
I'm happy to dream about it during trips lol!

Huh. I buy Kerrygold butter here. Our butter is hard too, just leave it at room temperature for an hour and it softens right up. I make honey butter by creaming the butter (like you do when making cookies) and just adding enough honey while mixing to taste. Then I put it in a plastic container and back in the fridge. It does need to be taken out to come back to room temperature before using again.

Again, I think you misunderstand what honey butter is here. You seem to be referencing margarine or some other butter oil hybrid that is always soft. That's not what is used in restaurants to make honey butter. They simply serve it at room temperature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter