• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online Reservation Charge Question

ahill004

DIS Veteran
I've already booked CRT and paid for it via Credit Card. If I am able to obtain a different date for CRT and want to cancel the initial reservation how does it work on my credit card? I've heard it can take a bit before they charge the amount back to your card from your cancelled reservation. I am afraid that m card will show both the old and the new charge for awhile and we will have to pay on both until they reimburse for the first charge. In otherwords, is there some way to change the date of the ADR without having to add another charge to my card while I wait for the first one to cancel?

There is only a placeholder on your card; you won't be actually charged until you show up (or don't show up). If you cancel, the placeholder will be taken off and you will not be charged.

There is only a placeholder on your card; you won't be actually charged until you show up (or don't show up). If you cancel, the placeholder will be taken off and you will not be charged.

Actually, CRT is 1 restaurant that charges your credit card unless you give a resort reservation # at the time of booking. To the OP, we had the reservation for our May trip charged to CC b/c we hadn't finalized our resort reservation, but our dates were firm. Once I had a resort reservation #, I called the ADR line and my CC was refunded within 3 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter