Online menu accuracy

caylene44

Aspiring Disney Travel Planner
Can anyone who has been recently speak to whether the online/app menus are accurate? I know COVID has reduced menus at many restaurants (not just WDW) but some restaurants only have 5 entrees on the menu. Just trying to figure out whether the reservations I have will appease my picky family or whether I need to choose differently.

I have found them to be accurate (and the super slimmed down ones do stink!). I was just looking at breakfast at Kona for later this week and there are only 4 options :(

I had better luck at the non-Disney owned restaurants, like at Disney Springs, but that's not really a convenient spot to eat all meals at...

I have found them to be accurate (and the super slimmed down ones do stink!). I was just looking at breakfast at Kona for later this week and there are only 4 options :(

I had better luck at the non-Disney owned restaurants, like at Disney Springs, but that's not really a convenient spot to eat all meals at...

dang it, I was hoping that maybe the online menu was static but there would be a menu of rotating items or something. Wishful thinking!

yes, I’m really nervous based on the crowd levels I’ve heard at DS so I think we will be avoiding for most of our trip. Will have to rethink our ADRs based on some of our pickier eaters.

Huge thanks for both of your responses!!

Good thing is you can try new places :)

Want to add with mobile order could make it possible to appease if you switch a lunch or two to the QS style locations.
We've decided to go this route.

We were going to do 1QS/1TS per day. After looking over many menus the quick services seemed to have a better variety overall so now we only have a TS planned for every other day.

Also at first it seemed like a better idea to have one sit down a day to get off our feet. Now that hopping has been confirmed for our trip we don't need to rely on that as much. It's easier to work in an afternoon park break and go to a late park for the evening.

They are mostly accurate but a few places had items not on the menu - Sci Fi has a special burger, nomad lounge has an item or two not on the menu (ribs if I remember correctly ).

I echo the comments on online accuracy. Although I’ll note the last two times we were at Tiffins they had an off menu special that day. Probably an isolated occurrence, but it was nice to see!

I remember reading somewhere on WDW's site over the past few months that the decreased menu options was due to supply chain issues. I giggled a bit 😉 Not sure if that's 100% believable.

Good thing is you can try new places :)

Want to add with mobile order could make it possible to appease if you switch a lunch or two to the QS style locations.

The problem is our ADRs are for new places and when I looked at the menu, I realized some in my party probably won’t eat there😆

I think mobile order is a great idea! Makes things much more flexible. Thank you!

Crystal Palace just re-opened. Now it's AYCE instead of buffet.

Options for the table:
Homestyle Buttermilk and Cheddar Bacon Biscuits - OK, sounds good

Seasonal Salad -OR-
Marinated Watermelon and Tomatoes

One is Crisp Greens with Tomatoes and Watermelon, the other is Tomatoes and Watermelon with crisp greens.
Really? Pretty funny.

Plus 5 entree choices and they seem like a good mix thankfully because it's $300+ for 4ppl.

Crystal Palace just re-opened. Now it's AYCE instead of buffet.

Options for the table:
Homestyle Buttermilk and Cheddar Bacon Biscuits - OK, sounds good

Seasonal Salad -OR-
Marinated Watermelon and Tomatoes

One is Crisp Greens with Tomatoes and Watermelon, the other is Tomatoes and Watermelon with crisp greens.
Really? Pretty funny.

Plus 5 entree choices and they seem like a good mix thankfully because it's $300+ for 4ppl.

Haha. That is funny, must be an error? I’ve never eaten at Crystal Palace before, will have to check out the menu! The weird part is EPCOT is the park I’m struggling with...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter