Online Dating

Why wouldn't they? I mean women can want and have friends with benefits too

All dating sites really should be is people looking for the same thing. If you're wanting a marriage, a long-term relationship, a casual relationship, no relationship just companionship, friends with benefits, or just hook ups only whatever, I'd just want them to be upfront about that. If you're looking for a relationship and the other person isn't and you both engage in this song and dance that's going to be where it can mess with people.

Well, of course they can.
I have no objections and when I was young I didn't care either.
But personally, I don't know any woman that would. Not in my group of friends and family and co-workers.
That's all I'm saying.

The question was "how many women really go for that"?
With a thinking emoji.
You're taking my comment the wrong way. Please don't.
I did not say how can they do that? Or why? Or it's a disgrace!
It was speculation.
I'm not a prude or not open minded like you're suggesting.

Saw a profile last night that the guy didn't even have one picture of his face, only one picture and it was a back/side view.
But I saw him list some initials about his personality type and then FWB and it took me a bit to remember that was "friends with benefits".
Well, at least he's honest. But I wonder how many women really go for that. :scratchin :rolleyes:
Oh yah. There's something for everyone out there - seemingly ... :-) "Casual" is another FWB flag - if you are not into that - you may want to avoid or proceed with caution.
But yah - some ladies are into just that. no ties - just physical. When I was on that other forum that talked about online dating - I'd say it was 20/80 split. Not a lot of ladies - but some. I'd say all were very careful, and some juggled multiple FWB situations etc etc. KUDOS to them!!! I toil to meal plan for the week let alone plan my "dates" like that :D Most were kidless - which kinda makes sense?

Well, of course they can.
I have no objections and when I was young I didn't care either.
But personally, I don't know any woman that would. Not in my group of friends and family and co-workers.
That's all I'm saying.
I do a few in fact one being my best friend of over 20 years and including my mom (and TBH I would have rather gone my entire lifetime without knowing that lol and I'm not being prude either it's just it's...my mom :rotfl2:and I've known at least one of hers since I was a tween though I didn't have knowledge of their extent of the relationship until I was in my late 20s)
The question was "how many women really go for that"?
With a thinking emoji.
You're taking my comment the wrong way. Please don't.
I did not say how can they do that? Or why? Or it's a disgrace!
It was speculation.
I'm not a prude or not open minded like you're suggesting.
I'm honestly not suggesting anything towards you personally :flower3:

At the same time if there was a woman's profile that said looking for friends with benefits I'm not sure the thought would be "I wonder how many men would go for that" so that's more what I was going for, that's all :)

ETA: Whatever floats people's boats, just be upfront about it. My best friend was in a throuple for a while, another friend is in a relationship with 2 men (her role is non-sexual) one of which is a transgender who had a child prior to the transition and they all live in a happiness.

Last edited:
All dating sites really should be is people looking for the same thing. If you're wanting a marriage, a long-term relationship, a casual relationship, no relationship just companionship, friends with benefits, or just hook ups only whatever, I'd just want them to be upfront about that. If you're looking for a relationship and the other person isn't and you both engage in this song and dance that's going to be where it can mess with people.

I agree. Honesty is important. One of the guys I was chatting with was very honest about sexual compatibility being a priority for him. He said he wants a relationship but doesn’t want to invest time and energy in developing a relationship with someone where the sex was there. I’m curious what happens when the sex is amazing but they aren’t compatible in other ways.

I’m curious what happens when the sex is amazing but they aren’t compatible in other ways.

I used to have a friend that divorced his wife and that is how they were. He said when they weren't ---- she was a real b----, and they tried to do ---- all the time, but they couldn't. Fortunately, I don't think they had any kids.

Mexican wrestling guy might be my favorite! That’s amazing :rotfl2: Not kink shaming either and I’ve run into some interesting ones but that’s a new one to me lol. Were the other stories from “the hood” as odd as yours?! I’m trying to decide if men are just crazier or my dating experiences aren’t as interesting as I thought.

Sorry, was away camping with the Bairns -The tales from the HoOD? Similar in a lot of ways - I was definitely 'not alone' in my experiences although the details may have differed - the themes/flavours were kinda universal. On a serious note - it was a factor when deciding when I needed a break - just seeing so much negativity directed towards women, and the assumptions men would make, and the lies and distrust.... and I'm sitting here just wanting a decent human to build blanket forts with & watch crap on TV (but also gets that I have hobbies and will nerd out on them).

I used to have a friend that divorced his wife and that is how they were. He said when they weren't ---- she was a real b----, and they tried to do ---- all the time, but they couldn't. Fortunately, I don't think they had any kids.
How do you get to the point of marriage if all the relationship has going for it is sex?

Saw a profile last night that the guy didn't even have one picture of his face, only one picture and it was a back/side view.
But I saw him list some initials about his personality type and then FWB and it took me a bit to remember that was "friends with benefits".
Well, at least he's honest. But I wonder how many women really go for that. :scratchin :rolleyes:
My first OKCupid date was a guy who had listed himself as "Available." I didn't realize that was different from "Single." His wife dropped him off at the bar we met at, told me it was fine with her that he was dating, and went to watch her friend who was in a local lesbian choir practice. She then came and picked hm up an hour later. I get it--they didn't want to divorce after years of being together, and I'm pretty sure she wasn't straight. But that wasn't what I was looking for.

My first OKCupid date was a guy who had listed himself as "Available." I didn't realize that was different from "Single." His wife dropped him off at the bar we met at, told me it was fine with her that he was dating, and went to watch her friend who was in a local lesbian choir practice. She then came and picked hm up an hour later. I get it--they didn't want to divorce after years of being together, and I'm pretty sure she wasn't straight. But that wasn't what I was looking for.
That's where he should have described himself as being in an open marriage. At least then you would know 1) He's married 2) They are still together but have an arrangement where each are able to see other people 3) If you even wanted to get involved in something like that.

:rolleyes1 I've known several women over the years who equate sex with love and once the couple have been intimate, they press for a commitment. It's kind of sad to me, but it is definitely a thing that happens.
That is actually a biological response to sex/orgasm for woman.

:rolleyes1 I've known several women over the years who equate sex with love and once the couple have been intimate, they press for a commitment. It's kind of sad to me, but it is definitely a thing that happens.
Part of the reason why the Catholic Church says no sex before marriage….:confused3.

:teeth: Then I guess you knew the answer to your own question before you asked it.

Not really. I still don't understand how a couple with nothing but great sex could get to the point of marriage. Having feelings of love (for the woman) doesn't explain it to me, the same is not true of men.

Does anyone know of a classic drunk Las Vegas wedding not ending in divorce (besides Hollywood movies)? :confused3 :scratchin💍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter