online DAS registration rant

There are multiple places to request DAS - actual guest services buildings, and the blue umbrella guest services in the parks. We've found the queues there to be pretty short, and you can see the length of the queue. The outside umbrella ones are my favorite!

Can you sign up for DAS at the umbrellas? I thought at DL at least it was only at City Hall.

Can you sign up for DAS at the umbrellas? I thought at DL at least it was only at City Hall.
At DL you can sign up at the blue umbrellas. I’ve done it many times. And I’ve used the umbrella location in Epcot once. Anyone going to DL and you need to register in person, my favorite place is the blue umbrella tucked behind Matterhorn. There is never anyone there.

At DL you can sign up at the blue umbrellas. I’ve done it many times. And I’ve used the umbrella location in Epcot once. Anyone going to DL and you need to register in person, my favorite place is the blue umbrella tucked behind Matterhorn. There is never anyone there.
That is so good to know! The line at City Hall is always so long and intimidating.

My Mom came over today to pick up my kiddo, so I got her set up with the chat. Got right through and registered, but Advance Selections are taking me a while. We're at the 5 day mark, so I assume the availability isn't as good as it was a few weeks ago.

First of all, as an IT professional, I do not think Disney closed your chat window. There are so many factors between the connection at your house and the Disney website that could the connection to fail that in no way you can definitely say Disney closed that chat window.

Second, like anything with Disney, timing is everything. Guest Services is going to very busy at times and not so busy at others. We live in California and have always done the pre-registration around 6 pm our time, which is 9 pm Eastern. Our longest wait may have been 30 minutes. Also please remember, as a parent of a cast member, and as most of the people on this board know, Disney will bend over backwards at times to make sure you have a magical day. No one is perfect and Disney does make mistakes, but they cannot control every aspect of you connection to the pre-registration. Just like being in line for attraction and then it breaks down, things happen. Planning with Disney is everything, including DAS pre-registration.

We will be attempting this is a few weeks for our WDW trip. When we registered for DLR earlier this year, I think I only waited 45 minutes. Hopefully this won't be much worse!

I tried early on a Saturday morning and got right on. I've never had that short of a wait before. I still needed to buy one ticket and was rushing to do so because I thought I would have a long wait. I was probably done with everything in 15 minutes.

I tried all day yesterday... no luck.

Been trying since 10:15 this morning. They keep closing the conversation on me. I'm not doing it!

Here is my experience so far over the last two days:

Yesterday
Start

You
- 10:02 AM
Welcome to Disneyland's Disability Access Service (DAS) Registration Process. Before you make plans, ensure that every member of your party has valid park admission as well as a valid theme park reservation.
Are you already Registered for DAS and just need to Advance Plan your selections?
DAS Virtual Asst.
- 10:03 AM
No

You
To register, the person requesting DAS needs to be present. Are they available?
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
To proceed in the DAS Registration process, the Terms and Conditions must be accepted. Have you completed this requirement?
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
To Video Chat with a Cast Member, you need to have a working camera and microphone. Do you have access to those?
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
Are you needing DAS within 2 - 30 days?
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
What date are you looking to start DAS? (i.e. mm/dd format )
DAS Virtual Asst.
Jan31

Jan 31 2024

You
- 10:04 AM
To chat about DAS you must be logged into the Disneyland website and logged out of the Disneyland App. Please log out of the App to proceed. Are you ready?
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
Thank you for contacting DAS Video Register. A Cast Member will be with you once they are available.
DAS Virtual Asst.
Greetings,

Due to high call volume, your estimated wait time will be approximately 4 hours from when you entered the queue.

Info
Do I need to keep this window open for four hours?

You
- 10:08 AM
Be advised you may experience a refresh error with the chat. Please click on the X to resume your spot in line. As long as you do not hit END CONVERSATION you will not lose your place in line

Info
- 10:09 AM
Will there be updates on the wait time?

You
- 10:22 AM
We are currently experiencing longer than normal wait times. Our estimated wait time is 3 hours from when you entered the queue. Should you wish to continue waiting, please reply "YES" to this message so you do not get disconnected. This chat will close automatically if no response is received. Otherwise, please visit us another day. We are open 9am-8pm PST 7 days a week.
System Admin
- 12:31 PM
Conversation closed by the agent - 12:38 PM
Start

You
- 1:26 PM
Welcome to Disneyland's Disability Access Service (DAS) Registration Process. Before you make plans, ensure that every member of your party has valid park admission as well as a valid theme park reservation.
Are you already Registered for DAS and just need to Advance Plan your selections?
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
If you are already registered for DAS, below is the link to start the Advance Planning
DAS Advance Planning
Click Here
Thank you and have a Magical Day!
DAS Virtual Asst.
- 1:27 PM
Conversation closed by the agent - 1:27 PM
Did I miss my place in line?

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
No

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
To proceed in the DAS Registration process, the Terms and Conditions must be accepted. Have you completed this requirement?
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
- 1:28 PM
To Video Chat with a Cast Member, you need to have a working camera and microphone. Do you have access to those?
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
1/31/24

01/31

You
To chat about DAS you must be logged into the Disneyland website and logged out of the Disneyland App. Please log out of the App to proceed. Are you ready?
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
Thank you for contacting DAS Video Register. A Cast Member will be with you once they are available.
DAS Virtual Asst.
Greetings,

Due to high call volume, your estimated wait time will be approximately 4 hours from when you entered the queue.

Info
I started at 10am already, am I moved to the back of the line again?

You
- 1:29 PM
Be advised you may experience a refresh error with the chat. Please click on the X to resume your spot in line. As long as you do not hit END CONVERSATION you will not lose your place in line

Info
- 1:33 PM
We are currently experiencing longer than normal wait times. Our estimated wait time is 3 hours from when you entered the queue. Should you wish to continue waiting, please reply "YES" to this message so you do not get disconnected. This chat will close automatically if no response is received. Otherwise, please visit us another day. We are open 9am-8pm PST 7 days a week.
System Admin
- 2:51 PM
You are now messaging with System Admin.

The Cast Member you were previously messaging with is unavailable. Another Cast Member will respond shortly.

Info
- 2:51 PM

Info
- 2:56 PM
System Admin
- 2:57 PM

The Cast Member you were previously messaging with is unavailable. Another Cast Member will respond shortly.

Info
- 2:57 PM

Info
- 3:02 PM
Conversation closed by the agent - 3:10 PM
Welcome to Disability Access Service (DAS)!
Start

You
- 10:36 AM
DAS Virtual Asst.
No

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
01/31

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
- 10:37 AM
Yes

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
Greetings,

Info

Info
- 10:42 AM
I

I

Still here..

You
- 12:57 PM
We are currently experiencing longer than normal wait times. Our current estimated wait time is 5 hours from when you joined the queue, should you wish to continue waiting please respond to this message with "YES". Otherwise this chat with close automatically. We are open 7 days a week from 9:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. PT.
System Admin
- 1:12 PM

Info
- 1:12 PM
YES

You
- 1:14 PM

Info
- 1:17 PM

Info
- 2:13 PM
Hello, we are sorry for the extended wait of 6 hours. We are doing our best to get to everyone in our queue but we have been experiencing Technical Difficulties. You are more than welcome to wait but we have no time estimate as to when these issues will be resolved If you are on the app, we recommend going to this link
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/guest-services/disability-access-service/register/
You can accept our terms and conditions as well as request live chat at that link.
We may only assist with pre arrival DAS registration and planning for Guest visiting 2-30 days in advance. If we are visiting the next day, you’d have to chat with us in person at City Hall or Chamber of Commerce. If we are not chatting with you by 8:00 pm PT, we may not be able to assist you. You are welcome to wait if you’d like.
We apologize if we don’t speak to you tonight. Please respond "YES" to this message, so you do not get disconnected.
System Admin

Info
YES

You
- 2:14 PM

Info
- 2:18 PM
Conversation closed by the agent - 2:21 PM
Yes

You
- 2:30 PM
DAS Virtual Asst.
- 2:31 PM
No

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
Yes

You
- 2:32 PM
DAS Virtual Asst.
01/31

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
- 2:33 PM
Yes

You
DAS Virtual Asst.
Greetings,

Info

Info
- 2:38 PM
Today
Please dont' close my conversation again.

I honestly won't do the online process again. I will just go to Guest relations on Day 1. The one time we did it (for my son), it was fine but few advance selections were left (I had to wait until a couple weeks in advance for a day my (non verbal) son would be home. So we booked some advance selections, most were mid-day and I think we made it to only one or two of them. We buy Genie for MK and Studios, and use the non advance DAS and do ok.

Did it today with my son. From start to finish (including reg & selections plus a few minutes of waiting) less than 20 mins

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter