Online Checkin "issues"

jjjonesy

Earning My Ears
So, I'm convinced that DCL's website runs on a potato, and I was unable to complete online checkin last night after hours of spinning wheels. I was finally able to get 3 of my 4 family members' pics uploaded, but when I got to #4, the site wouldn't upload any pics. Same state this morning, and a call confirmed the issue. When I finally was able to finish just now, I got a terrible PAT of 4:30.

How often/when are the best times to check back for (hopefully) a better arrival time?

When I checked in for January and got the dreaded spinning wheels, I gave up after an hour and went to bed. I got up a couple of hours later. I was able to check in no problem and got the 2nd PAT time available at 11:15 AM. This was a completely full San Diego cruise.

When I checked in for January and got the dreaded spinning wheels, I gave up after an hour and went to bed. I got up a couple of hours later. I was able to check in no problem and got the 2nd PAT time available at 11:15 AM. This was a completely full San Diego cruise.
Yeah, unfortunately when I called, they told me it was a systemwide issue affecting our boat (Magic) and it just stopped accepting uploads at some point. Those lucky enough to get through the spinning circles and upload pics before the total meltdown were able to snag all the earlier PATs

Has anyone had their travel agent check them in? My travel agent says she can do it. Just curious if she will hold out as long as I'm willing to hold out to get that perfect PAT.

Isn’t 4:30 PM normally sail away time? How can you get such a late boarding time?

Had everything prepared and all ready to go hoping for a smooth check in. Nope, was up most of the night getting checked in, kept locking up, restarting etc. Finally got it all done about 4AM and of course after all that none of the meet and greets or breakfasts were available.

I had issues last night too. My travel agent called this morning and they advised that it was having "challenges" but that they were working on it and to try back later. Just tried around lunch and it worked perfectly fine!

Hopefully, full boarding will be open by the time of your PAT. What’s the earliest PAT for NOLA? I know we got to board before our 2:30 PAT at PC in July, because they opened it to everyone sometime after 1pm.

Magic leaving from New Orleans. I believe 8pm is the sail away
When is All Aboard and the muster drill? I'd be highly surprised if they are doing the muster drill that late because it conflicts with dinner. Even with a later sail away, muster is usually held around 4pm or 5pm at the latest.

ETA: I just checked...if this is the Feb. 18th 5-night Western, All Aboard is noted as 4:00pm. My guess is that the DCL online check-in system went completely wonky... keep checking for a better PAT.

I have moved my PAT multiple times. No better time to check - I just checked randomly thru the day when I thought about it.

I have done online checkin 9 times since cruising resumed. Only ONE of those times was I able to complete checkin at midnight. All other times I gave up and just did checkin the next morning.

When is All Aboard and the muster drill? I'd be highly surprised if they are doing the muster drill that late because it conflicts with dinner. Even with a later sail away, muster is usually held around 4pm or 5pm at the latest.

ETA: I just checked...if this is the Feb. 18th 5-night Western, All Aboard is noted as 4:00pm. My guess is that the DCL online check-in system went completely wonky... keep checking for a better PAT.
Just got off the phone with DCL. They said that all aboard is 8pm with a scheduled departure of 8:30, so my 4:30 time probably isn't all that bad. A friend traveling with us got 3:45, so I'll keep checking to hopefully get closer to their time. Either way, I just wanna snag a Palo brunch once on board!

They really have to go back to staggered check in days based on tier. On our check ins in 2022 every single one of them was a disaster. For our March 4th Fantasy sailing coming up there are 3 ships due to check in 30 days out. Their system can't handle thousands of people uploading pics and doc at midnight.

MJ

I’ve had a few of those circle of death checkin nights. I switch from my PC, to my iPad and even iPhone. I’ve also been lucky to be done in 5 minutes. The worse is when doing multiple rooms. I wish the checkin times were staggered too. My next checkin is the end of March.

Are you sure about the sail away time? That seems very late. We have a NOLA cruise as well and our all aboard time is 3:30.
Yes for the Feb 18th cruise it is correct. I just read on a blog this morning that that particular cruise changed a port and is going to be arriving late in NOLA at the end so the next cruise won't have an all aboard time til 8pm.

Yes for the Feb 18th cruise it is correct. I just read on a blog this morning that that particular cruise changed a port and is going to be arriving late in NOLA at the end so the next cruise won't have an all aboard time til 8pm.
Yep, and they also changed our first port, so they canceled our excursions automatically. The excursions at the new port all show as "sold out" on the first day. I'm hoping they're just figuring things out and those open up soon...

Update: all the excursions except 3 opened up for booking. Of course, the one we wanted to do most is one of the three. Booked a backup, and will keep checking...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter