Online Check in

PrincessBelle39

DIS Veteran
So I've been through the process of online check in for two reservations I have. All sections are filled in and I've acknowledged the terms and conditions at the end and pressed save. But on my front screen it still says 'Start Online Check in' and if I go into that it says at the top of the page 'We just need a little more information'. Is this normal or am I missing something? Should it say that online check in is complete?

So I've been through the process of online check in for two reservations I have. All sections are filled in and I've acknowledged the terms and conditions at the end and pressed save. But on my front screen it still says 'Start Online Check in' and if I go into that it says at the top of the page 'We just need a little more information'. Is this normal or am I missing something? Should it say that online check in is complete?

There have been a bunch of posts with the same issue recently. It's not you, its WDWs crappy system. You'll need to call Tech Support.

There have been a bunch of posts with the same issue recently. It's not you, its WDWs crappy system. You'll need to call Tech Support.

That's good to know. Does it take a long time to get through to Tech Support? We are in Australia so I tend to avoid calling Disney unless I really have to due to wait times on the phone.

I chatted with them via the app last night and they were able to resolve the same issue with my reservation in a few minutes.

Awesome. I didn’t know we could do that. I’ll give it a go.
Yeah, it was super convenient. You go to the three bars that are on the bottom of the MDE app and it brings up a bunch of choices and towards the bottom was “chat.” They were very helpful and prompt. Hope you get your reservation question resolved.

I took this advice from @jemtx earlier today and was able to chat with a CM using the website and it was fixed. I wasn't able to use the app though.

I'm not having any success with the Chat feature. I've been trying for a few days now. I can't find it on the app. I click on the three lines and get several options, but nothing that says Chat. I tried clicking on help and it gave me the option to email. I did, and they replied, but said that they don't have access to reservations and I needed to ring or Chat. The Chat comes up on the website but is constantly greyed out and when I hover over it I get the message "All of our cast members are busy assisting other guests. Please try back later..........." I will keep persevering. :)

I'm not having any success with the Chat feature. I've been trying for a few days now. I can't find it on the app. I click on the three lines and get several options, but nothing that says Chat. I tried clicking on help and it gave me the option to email. I did, and they replied, but said that they don't have access to reservations and I needed to ring or Chat. The Chat comes up on the website but is constantly greyed out and when I hover over it I get the message "All of our cast members are busy assisting other guests. Please try back later..........." I will keep persevering. :)

You have to change the country to United States and use a VPN ( like HOLA VPN FREE) It only works in the US

OK, by adding the VPN I think it's fixed my problem and can avoid chat after all. I've run through the check in and now it says Update Check In, rather than Start Check In. So I'm assuming it's done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter