Online check-in

Summertinkerbell

Mouseketeer
So, it has been 4 long years since our last trip in WDW. There are so many new things to learn. Can anyone tell me the purpose of online check-in? Is this more like a pre-registration kind of thing or do we completely avoid hotel check-in at the registration desk? Any information would be appreciated.

So, it has been 4 long years since our last trip in WDW. There are so many new things to learn. Can anyone tell me the purpose of online check-in? Is this more like a pre-registration kind of thing or do we completely avoid hotel check-in at the registration desk? Any information would be appreciated.
It is a pre-registration where you give all your registration details and any special requests but each resort has an online check-in desk that theoretically will speed up the check-in process.

Here's the link to the Disney Online Check-in information page
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/online-resort-check-in/

I was wondering if you are more likely to get your requests if you actually speak to a person rather than do online check-in, especially since the only request that I have is a king-sized bed and it cannot be indicated online. I had to call and add it to my reservation. Does anyone know if online vs. in-person has a better likelihood of getting requests or are they the same?

Also, maybe it's unusual but I really enjoy checking-in at the desk with a real live person - it adds to the excitement of the trip!

I was wondering if you are more likely to get your requests if you actually speak to a person rather than do online check-in, especially since the only request that I have is a king-sized bed and it cannot be indicated online. I had to call and add it to my reservation. Does anyone know if online vs. in-person has a better likelihood of getting requests or are they the same?

Also, maybe it's unusual but I really enjoy checking-in at the desk with a real live person - it adds to the excitement of the trip!

I would put the request in online and then ask in person if it is available as well. I have done both and think that they will try to accommodate equally as long as it is available.

The room assigners do not give more weight to one request method over another. So your chances are exactly the same no matter how you make your requests.

Plus with online check-in you have the possibility of skipping the whole check-in process and go directly to your room if it's ready when you arrive.

Plus with online check-in you have the possibility of skipping the whole check-in process and go directly to your room if it's ready when you arrive.

I have used online check in since it first became available, and the last two visits I was able to make use of the "bypass the front desk" function. I know a lot of people see the front desk interaction as a major part of their vacation, but when you are checking in after a long day at work, sometimes it's nice to just be able to go directly to the room. I don't make a lot of specific requests, just things like "top floor" or "near transportation" and so far I have had any requests met that I've submitted - even when bypassing the front desk entirely.

My favorite part of online check in though is that I get to enter my cc information - the card doesn't pass out of my hands, and there is less likelihood that the card will be compromised. I know nothing is foolproof, but the fewer people who handle my cc, the better I feel about it. In this day and age, just having the card lying on the front desk while checking in can be a security issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter