Online Check-in Questions

SafariTigger

Mouseketeer
I am checking in at VB (ocean view inn room) in 4 days and then 3 days later I will be checking in at BWV (deluxe studio-garden,pool view). Is there a benefit to checking in online to either of these resorts? I assumed I would do an online check-in for BWV before we leave VB, but does it make a difference in how much time it takes or the room that you are given? If I were to do it for VB, how far in advance should it be done? Thanks!!

To clarify my question...I know that you can check-in faster if you have already done everything online, but what are your experiences with getting your requests filled/nicer rooms - are the chances better if you haven't already checked in online or would it be the same?

If you have a room request that will make or break your vacation, do not do online check in. Wait and do it at the front desk where you can go over the available inventory with the CM to see what best meets your needs.

You can have your requests met via online check in. I tend to make rather general requests like "upper floor" or "close transportation", and I do online check in all the time. I've never felt like I received a bad room. At BWV, I've requested ground floor and received it, I requested top floor and received it, and I requested lobby level and received it. At VWL I requested lake side, and received it. All were online check in stays.

You can change the pre-assigned room if you've done online check in, but from what I've seen it's more of a hassle to do that than to wait and do check in at the front desk in the first place.

In my experience, it doesn't make any difference. We almost always stay at the BWV and they seem to pre-assign most, if not all of the rooms. Just make sure your requests are on your reservation. Since I usually just request upper floor near the bus stop, we almost always get our request.

I usually check in online because I prefer to enter my credit card myself, rather than hand it over to a CM to do. If I do it, all the CM sees is the last 4 digits.

Online check-in is simply a gimmick... they try to get you into the vacation mode sooner.

Think about it, what exactly can be done online? You still need to verify ID, speak to an agent, get a physical key.

Until they can really let you bypass the front desk and head straight to the room, online check-in is useless in my opinion. They should allow fingerprint roomlock so any guest can check-in, show up to their room, touch the fingerprint reader and you are in.

Since the parks are already collecting your fingerprints anyway, they might as well expand their use.

Online check-in is simply a gimmick... they try to get you into the vacation mode sooner.

Think about it, what exactly can be done online? You still need to verify ID, speak to an agent, get a physical key.

Until they can really let you bypass the front desk and head straight to the room, online check-in is useless in my opinion. They should allow fingerprint roomlock so any guest can check-in, show up to their room, touch the fingerprint reader and you are in.

Since the parks are already collecting your fingerprints anyway, they might as well expand their use.

The last time I did online check in for the BWV, a CM met us as we got off the ME bus. She had our keys and check in packet. No need for us to stop at the front desk. Room was ready, too, which I wasn't expecting. We even got a coveted x123 1 bedroom villa.

IMO, online check-in was neither worthless nor a gimmick. YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter