Online Check-In No Text

ChimneyJim

Mouseketeer
8CB134F1-8BEF-4F76-832A-130D779E8F8F.jpeg Here now at CSR. No text, no room info in app. Check-in line pictured. This should be interesting. ‘Ohana in 2 hours. I’d like to clean up.

The reason they didn’t text me is I didn’t take the offered magic bands and they had to give me luggage tags.:mad:

I have yet to EVER get a text, even when I arrived early (before online check-in) and the CM at the desk personally typed in my phone number.

It doesn't always happen - and they have never guaranteed that online check-in will get you the text or ability to skip checking in in person.

Worst-case, quick sponge-off (and maybe change) in the bathroom, store your luggage with bell services and go to dinner, then check-in when you're finished with dinner.

Checked in to AoA today and found that the text message about my room was extremely delayed. I did get room info in MDE.

The reason they didn’t text me is I didn’t take the offered magic bands and they had to give me luggage tags.:mad:
That's totally cray! I declined Magic Bands in July and I think I got a room ready text. I definitely got room info in the app.

Eh, doubt it. Don’t believe everything from CMs. They say all sorts of stuff.

Ultimately, room ready text isn’t an absolute, and I doubt anyone knows exactly why things work or don’t work.

I doubt if their system was that worried about the package luggage tags. They probably just didn’t have a room yet.

I have yet to EVER get a text, even when I arrived early (before online check-in) and the CM at the desk personally typed in my phone number.

Same.

It doesn't always happen - and they have never guaranteed that online check-in will get you the text or ability to skip checking in in person.

Yep!

Not everyone that does Online Check In is able to Bypass The Front Desk.

Yep!

Checked in to AoA today and found that the text message about my room was extremely delayed. I did get room info in MDE.

Same here. Last Tuesday I didn’t receive my text until after 9pm! It wasn’t an issue though because our flight was delayed 3.5 hours and we were still on the plane when it came. However, before we landed I was dreading having to stop at the front desk after an after midnight arrival. If our flight was on time I wouldn’t have received it at all.

We’ve been lucky getting the texts, but not 100%. At BLT in February we didn’t get a text for our first night, but did when we asked to change rooms the next day. I’ve heard it works better at some resorts than others - we’ve had great luck at OKW for example - but I have no idea if that’s really true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter