• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online Check-In Issue

Dranawor

Earning My Ears
Hello! If this is the wrong forum to post in for this, I apologize ahead of time. I'm in my window to check-in online and when I went through the motions to check it out, I noticed in the Room Location Requests section, in the drop down, there are no options. Is this a known issue? From my research, the hotel we are staying at has a bunch of options to choose from for our room type (WL Courtyard View). Thanks in advance if anyone can provide any info/insight into whats going on here!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    10.9 KB · Views: 7
I've noticed it over the last couple of weeks, I have multiple trips coming up at different resorts and it's not showing up for any of them. From what I've been seeing in the last week or so it is happening to everyone (or appears that way anyway).

I've noticed it over the last couple of weeks, I have multiple trips coming up at different resorts and it's not showing up for any of them. From what I've been seeing in the last week or so it is happening to everyone (or appears that way anyway).
Frustrating to hear this is going on while also nice to hear its not just me experiencing the issue haha. Hopefully its resolved soon!

I hope it is resolved soon, I want to make request but A) hate talking on the phone and B) don't own a fax machine :/

I had that problem too. Had selected options--but now they're gone and no options to select from. I ended up using a touring plans request instead.

FYI, if you make a room request prior to online check-in, and then make any update during online check-in, it wipes out the previous request you've made. Best to leave the online check-in room request section alone, if it comes back :)

I hope it is resolved soon, I want to make request but A) hate talking on the phone and B) don't own a fax machine :/
It has actually been an issue off and on (more off than on) for about 2 years. So I don't count on it being fixed anytime soon.
I suggest the Touring Plans fax request service. I use it for the same reasons as you state, I hate calling and don't have a fax easily accessible. You may have to join but that service alone makes it worth the fee

FYI, if you make a room request prior to online check-in, and then make any update during online check-in, it wipes out the previous request you've made. Best to leave the online check-in room request section alone, if it comes back :)
Then again, if you keep them the same then it doesn't really matter if one wipes out the other

I had that problem too. Had selected options--but now they're gone and no options to select from. I ended up using a touring plans request instead.
Good tip, thanks! Time for me to figure out the best room requests to make through touringplans!

Good tip, thanks! Time for me to figure out the best room requests to make through touringplans!
My tip is keep it as generic as possible. It's fine to use a room as your target type but in the body of the text I'd be sure to mention the generic features that you like, just a couple major ones, so they know what you are after. The wider the range the pool of rooms they can pull from the better

My tip is keep it as generic as possible. It's fine to use a room as your target type but in the body of the text I'd be sure to mention the generic features that you like, just a couple major ones, so they know what you are after. The wider the range the pool of rooms they can pull from the better
Will do! When you select a room in their room finder they give you a helpful blurb with essentially what you mentioned to include in a request so ill be sure to include that!

It has actually been an issue off and on (more off than on) for about 2 years. So I don't count on it being fixed anytime soon.
I suggest the Touring Plans fax request service. I use it for the same reasons as you state, I hate calling and don't have a fax easily accessible. You may have to join but that service alone makes it worth the fee
I was actually thinking about joining just for this service, I keep going back and forth about it but in the end it may be worth it just for that. I have 4 trips in the next year, and I just can't handle just getting whatever without at least trying for a decently located room.

I noticed in the Room Location Requests section, in the drop down, there are no options. Is this a known issue?

Since the first moment they had the location requests they’ve never been able to keep it stable. So yes it’s known. It’s just what it’ll do wrong “today” that’s the unknown.

There’s an email-based fax service you can do a free trial with to send one fax. Probably googleable.

Then again, if you keep them the same then it doesn't really matter if one wipes out the other

True.

OP just make sure the requests are identical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter