Online check in - Disney cruise APP or WEBSITE?

Diamond_Girls

DIS Veteran
Hello! Which version of online check-in should I use? Is the website easier or harder to navigate? If I use the website do I need to already have photos saved?

Is the app easier to upload photos?

I am trying to figure out which way will be faster for that valuable early port arrival time!

Thank you!

Hello! Which version of online check-in should I use? Is the website easier or harder to navigate? If I use the website do I need to already have photos saved?

Is the app easier to upload photos?

I am trying to figure out which way will be faster for that valuable early port arrival time!

Thank you!
Following

It is quickest to have photos already saved on whatever device you’re using. There is an Upload button allowing you to locate files, and you can also drag photos in on a PC.

When I started check-in on the app, it sent me into the website on my browser anyhow, so it may be quicker to start with the website. I have also been having problems getting the app to open lately.

I found using the website was fastest but I had the photos ready on multiple devices. I will say also I wouldn't panic too much about early PAT. I just checked in for an almost sold out cruise and I'm silver. It took me 10+ minutes to check in and I still got an 11:30 PAT (earliest was 11a). Its surprising to me but not everyone wants to rush to the ship so I wouldn't worry too much I'm sure you'll get a great time!

Apple person here. I use the website on my iPad for most things due to the larger keyboard and visual space.

I have all my photos made (selfie, passport info page) and in an album in iPhotos. No scrolling through the entire photo library!

Lots of reports that app users are directed to the website. I use the app on my phone after I complete the health questionnaire when I get to FL - or to watch the countdown clock.

Whichever version is working, lol. Last time I did online check in, I started on the website. When that hung up I switched to the app, and so on. Maybe that's extreme, but it kept me moving through the process. It's a little clunkier on the phone since the app does redirect you to the website.

Have the photos (ID photos and passport photos) saved to both devices, just in case. Crop them as much as you can so they are smaller file sizes-they upload more easily that way.

You can always check back after you check in to see if an earlier PAT opens up. I did that on my April Wish cruise, checked a week or so after online check in and moved my PAT up half and hour and 5 boarding groups earlier.

Are your photos in the Apple *.heic format or do you save them as *.jpg?

You have a broader knowledge of computer-speak than I do!

I simply take a picture with my iPhone, trim it to size (either before or after it goes into Photos (which also dumps it into iCloud - so accessible on phone or iPad).

I don’t select which type of file it is - I am guessing it is a jpeg. The beauty of Apple - you don’t need to use .anything for naming or retrieving. We just “save.”

Wish I knew the answer for you. I have learned that a photo can be too big a file- and had to make a new one. That was for my check-in photo. That lesson was just take a selfie, arm’s length away - and it should be the right size. A selfie should not need much trimming, mainly centering.

For the last few cruises, the app has always allowed me to check in sooner than the website(don't ask why).

Since they've gone back to staggered check-in between the castaway levels, the system isn't nearly as taxed as it once was and check-in has been smooth.

You have a broader knowledge of computer-speak than I do!

I simply take a picture with my iPhone, trim it to size (either before or after it goes into Photos (which also dumps it into iCloud - so accessible on phone or iPad).

I don’t select which type of file it is - I am guessing it is a jpeg. The beauty of Apple - you don’t need to use .anything for naming or retrieving. We just “save.”

Wish I knew the answer for you. I have learned that a photo can be too big a file- and had to make a new one. That was for my check-in photo. That lesson was just take a selfie, arm’s length away - and it should be the right size. A selfie should not need much trimming, mainly centering.
I believe it’s an option, and you probably have them set to save as jpeg, which is probably the default. The other format is a higher definition Apple proprietary format. It’s comparable to raw format but not quite as high a resolution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter