Online Check-in and Fax / Touring Plans Room Requests????

DisneyFive

When is the 3:00 parade?
Staying at Pop Century very soon. I've faxed a room request yesterday and Touring Plans is supposed to send one today.

I need to know the correct answer from someone who knows FOR SURE. Does online check-in impact these room requests in any way, that were made via fax (sent 6 days prior) or Touring Plans (sent 5 days prior)?

Thanks,
Dan

Unless something has changed in the past 24 hours, your online check in won't have any room requests anyway, so no, it won't impact. I always do both, Touring Plans fax and online check in. Because you have to do online check in to complete that portion with Disney and have a chance of getting a room ready early and setting up charging in advance, etc. If you don't, you have zero chance of getting in a room prior to arrival. If the request portion is working (and it's usually not) I do complete it, duplicating anything in the TP fax. Provided you never do any requests that contradict each other it won't matter. For instance, what did you put on your own fax? Why do both? One fax is enough.

why did you need to make multiple fax requests?

Just make sure that when you do the online check-in, don't check off the option to get an early room, because that will supersede all your room requests.

why did you need to make multiple fax requests?

Just make sure that when you do the online check-in, don't check off the option to get an early room, because that will supersede all your room requests.
Which right now, you can't do anyway, because to do that you have to be able to enter a room request and that is currently disabled.

I did online check in last week and TP sent the fax. I got what I wanted at Pop (top floor, away from elevator to minimize foot traffic in front of door). I got the room ready text within 20 minutes of getting off the DME bus (at 9am no less).

With WDW there is no "FOR SURE". We always phone/fax our request and one of the times that I did online check-in with a room request, it seemed to override my other requests. When we checked in, I asked about our requests and the only information on the CM's computer was from the online site "upper floor". So, now if I do online check-in i skip the room request section. Again this is only our experience for that time.

Thanks all. We have two reservations and we've requested connecting rooms in the 70's building. Does having two reservations complicate anything? I would do the online check-in for both, and not request an early room or anything in the room request section (if available).

I faxed the request myself because I have never used the Touring plans fax request and wanted to make sure the resort got my request. I've manually faxed in requests for our many stays at POR so I'm just used to it I guess. :)

Dan

If your only request is connecting rooms on a linked reservation, you should be fine. It’s once you start to get super specific with 4 different requests that it’s almost impossible to accommodate.

Only that the more requests you have, it might be harder to get two rooms available that line up the way you want. Not sure if the connecting rooms are the most important to you, or the 70s section. If they don't have connecting rooms in the 70s section they may not have any indication whether you'd prefer connecting rooms in another section, or non-connecting rooms still in 70s. Unless that's in your faxes.

Good luck!

We've request connecting rooms in the 70's buildings, and ground floor if possible.

Dan

Last edited:
We've request connecting rooms in the 70's buildings, and ground floor if possible.

Dan
Again, what folks are saying is, have you told Disney what your priorities are.
If they can't fill some, or all, do they know what is most important, to least important?
This is very important info, when you list more than 1 criteria for a room.
Like, what if they can give you connecting rooms, on the ground floor, but not in 70's? Is that ok?
Or what if you get ground floor, in 70's but not connecting? Is that ok?
Is connecting rooms the most important of all?
Or 70's building?
Or ground floor?
Would you take connecting in any building?
If they don't know what you want, they are liable to just ignore it all.
You need to prioritize and personally, I never give them 3 criteria. It can only lead to confusion with the room assigners.

Yes priority was listed as
1) Connecting rooms in 70's building (I'd be surprised if there weren't connecting rooms available somewhere in the two 70's buildings)
2) Ground floor

Thanks all. My primary question is if checking in online has any impact on room requests. I think that's been answered. (I won't make any new requests or check any early room boxes)

I'm not asking the odds of my room request would be fulfilled.

Dan

When I did online check in I did not see an option for connecting rooms. Is it there and I missed it? I was going to fax them that request or should I call?

When I did online check in I did not see an option for connecting rooms. Is it there and I missed it? I was going to fax them that request or should I call?
There is no place for it during online check in
It is there as a room amenity when you make your reservation. Most never even notice it's there. You have to click on the link and get a pop up.

I'd call

Mine got sent a few days ago. I basically put a few room numbers I liked but in the description just said " or something you believe is similar if possible" so its not as set in stone, along with other endearing details that they probably don't care about lol

But for 15 dollars.. worth a shot.

1) Connecting rooms in 70's building (I'd be surprised if there weren't connecting rooms available somewhere in the two 70's buildings)
Preferred or Standard? A third of the decade is Preferred, so there may be connecting rooms available the day you check in, but not in the category you booked.

There are 48 sets of connecting Preferred rooms, and 96 Standard connecting room sets. And 288 nonconnecting rooms. At any given time, there will be individual parties assigned to connecting rooms. So, while you're probably right, I wouldn't be surprised if there were not connecting rooms available.

Thank you kaytieeldr. Our primary need is connecting rooms, so if they are not available in the 70's we'll request another location in the resort when we arrive.

Thank you for the detailed response!

Dan

Thank you kaytieeldr. Our primary need is connecting rooms, so if they are not available in the 70's we'll request another location in the resort when we arrive.

Thank you for the detailed response!

Dan
I think what everyone is suggesting is you put this type of info on the fax so they know when assigning your room. That way, if they don't have one in the 70's building they know to look for a connecting room in another building already rather than assigning you something else in 70's. It has happened where all connecting rooms were assigned and there were no others to move to. Anything you can do to get them when your room is first assigned is worth your effort since you are sending the fax anyway.

Yeah, I think the only way I could have been clearer is to state that Connecting room is #1 priority, rather than lumping in connecting rooms and 70's section into my #1 priority. Ground floor is #2 priority. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter