feel good
take good care of youself( is what I want to use as my parting
statement instead of goodby)
good day
good morning
good night
good everything

how 'bout you?

We have a family slogan each year - posted in the kitchen (not too far from the spending envelopes!). in past years, they have been "If you have to think about whether or not you need it, get rid of it now - and neatly organize anything that is left..." "Finish the job - then have fun!"... "Do you really need that?"... and so on.

This year's is:

Simplify

That fits your question - and it is our watchword for 2010.

I think my word for the year will be:

Blessings

I will work on being a blessing to others
I will look for blessings in what is happening around me.
I will look for God's blessing in the little things in life
I will enjoy the people around me by looking for the blessings they are in my life.

Rebecca

I've decided to use
RELAX

for the simply reason of trying to keep myself from sweating the small stuff. and hopefully it will help out on all fronts, I can't be everywhere at once, someone will have to wait, keep my stress level down, ignore the husband when he aggravates me, get myself through dads surgery.

Yep i think it might just work. now I'm off to cut it out on Cricut and post it in stragic spots in the house.

What a great idea Christy !!!
Keep in mind I'm just a text away when dads having surgery .
I know it helped me a few times to text to calm me down.
Hugs

Hope!

Hey - wouldn't this make a good layout challenge? Use your "word" as a layout title and journal on what the word means?

I am with Caroline. Our motto in our house is to ......

Accent the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative, and don't mess with Mr. In Between

anyone dancing with me by now?:banana:

We always look for the positive in any situation, it has proven to help during some trying times.

Mine is patience. I need to work on my patience. I have little to none at most points in my life. I reallllly need to work on it.

Mine is SHINE.

I have a tendency to get REALLY stressed and to get bogged down in the negative and in the "we should do this, we should do that", etc. I need to remember to stop and let myself shine, and see the "shine" in my DH & DS and others. When I sit down to write this, I remember all of the shining things about them and everyone, but I know as the New Year progresses, I'll get bogged down again! I think I will have to post this on the refrigerator.

Another of my motto's for this year (but longer than one word) is "Sing your song. Sing it loud. And sing it without shame." This was the closing quote at the funeral of a dear, dear friend of mine who passed away this past summer (she was in her 80's). It embodies everything she was and everything she taught me!

Awesome Brooke!
I did always remember and never forget.......
At special nene day.
Now my niece and I are trying to compile them from everyone
so we can type them up and make a book of them for all of
us to have.
I really want to make mine a scrapbook with pics in mine.

Awesome Brooke!
I did always remember and never forget.......
At special nene day.
Now my niece and I are trying to compile them from everyone
so we can type them up and make a book of them for all of
us to have.
I really want to make mine a scrapbook with pics in mine.

Sounds like an awesome idea!!! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter