One week in Arizona

bigmama67

DIS Veteran
OK, we are flying out west in a week for 7 nights!! We have family in both Tucson and Mesa, so this is our plan:

Saturday - land in Phoenix, drive down to Tucson; check in, dinner

Sunday - church with my mom (she wants to show off the grandbabies!), brunch at La Fuente (we are treating her), then possibly Reid Park Zoo or Tohono Chul

Monday - Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum in a.m. (this is a MUST for me every time, DS will not remember his other time there because he was only 3, DH and DD have never been)

Tuesday - Reid Park Zoo in a.m., lunch with my Mom, head up to Mesa after lunch; dinner with my brother, SIL and nephew, then drive to Williams (WHEW I know but necessary because...)

Wednesday - Grand Canyon Railroad in a.m., spend night at Maswik Lodge on the South Rim! :cool1:

Thursday - sunrise bus tour (YAWN but we are going to try to stay on East Coast time so hopefully this won't be too awful)...then we are signing DS up for a "Junior Ranger" Day. Train back to Williams at 3:30, drive down to Prescott for the night.

Friday - drive down to Mesa by lunch time. Afternoon at AZ Science Museum with SIL, her brother, and my nephew. My brother will join us for dinner at Gordon Biersch. (We wanted to go to Four Peaks but they won't take a reservation, even for EIGHT people, and my brother said they get packed early...no fun with 3 kids in the group!) Staying in Tempe that night.

Saturday - back to the airport, fly home.

Am I doing well? Anything really great we're missing?

Also, since we'll be driving down from Prescott to Mesa at a leisurely pace, is there somewhere nice to stop and look around a bit?

Thanks!

Rachel in NJ
DH
DS7
DD1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter