• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

??One shoulder back packs??

Jinnyboom

Mouseketeer
Teen dd's have decided on the one shoulder back pack for our upcoming trip.....

Anyone know where to find them???

Tanks in advance!!!

I don't know about something called a 'one-shoulder backpack', but our AAA magazine is advertizing an ergonomically designed back-pack that looks like it has only one strap. Apparantly, it's designed to fit better than a traditional frameless backpack, therefore causing less stress than 'normal' packs.

I'd thought about picking one up, but haven't gotten to the point where I'd be willing to cough up the $69 or so.

-Joe

We got a Small square backpack with one strap at WalMart for about $10.00 it worked great at WDW!
It has a main compartment to carry the essentials,and has a front pocket that closed with a backpack type closer, and the back zips open and has several pockets annd a large cargo net pocket that was great for stuffing receites into.

I wore mine with the straps shortened and under my arm,Dh wore his like a fanny pack,and Dd wore hers slung over one shoulder.

We found then by the Backpacks.

I just found one at OLD NAVY for only $3.97! It was a clearance item of course. The original price was about $22.00. They had other sling style packs in the $20-25 price range as well, so they can be bought for less than $60.

I figured for 4 bucks, I really couldn't go wrong. I haven't really used it yet, but just from trying it on, it seems pretty comfortable.

I purchased a black one at WM for $9.97 or so. It has a single wide strap that you can unzip into two straps to make a backpack style. Has to large pockets (one with a small zip pocket inside) and two smaller pockets on the outside. One of the larger pockets has the small slide in spots for credit cards.

I also bought one at Wal-Mart, the nice thing about the back- packs that cross over one shoulder, you can spin it to the front when getting on a ride! I found less pressure on my shoulders and back then a regular backpack. Very inexpensive and a great investment!

Are you talking about what we call J-bags - I guess named after the design of the single strap that goes across your body? Make sure you try these before you buy. The idea is good, and some people find them really comfortable, but with a lot in them I find they sit kinda funny or tilt. And they're not so easy to unfasten/take off. I took one last trip, but I did eventually revert to my older backpack!

:D

Another concern..

I thought about getting one of these for my last trip but found it a real pain to open everytime I needed my camera, wallet etc

i did this thru college and i am still paying my shoulder has a big lump and it's been two yrs. i guess if you didn't carry much in it it would work. be careful and use two straps IMHO

I don't know about the one strap backpacks but I did find a 1 strap carry all in the "to go travel gear " on line at

nutztogo.com
It's really neat!! all pockets and plenty of room for lots of stuff and easy to hold......!! just unzip and security see's everything in an instant!! in the gates and on the rides fast!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

dislov2000@aol.com
disney world in 93 more days!!! from October 29 to November 11th!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter