• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One reservation with multiple rooms, MDE Question

tinkandonaldfans

DIS Veteran
We are looking to book an extended family holiday next year. We as a family of three have gone multiple times so have a MDEaccount app etc. However, the families that are coming with us haven't been for 14 years!

If I booked a package with three rooms (so a different family in each room), how does that work with MDE app? I like planning but don't want to be the sole planner for 9 people for two weeks! I want them to be able to have their own credit card on file for mobile ordering etc and to be able to book their own reservations, genie + etc

Is there a straightforward way to do this?

If I booked a package with three rooms (so a different family in each room)
I don't believe you can book a package with 3 rooms. Each room would be its own reservation, and linked to the appropriate occupants. The whole larger party can link MDE accounts as F&F to allow for booking Genie+, ILL$, etc.

As lanejudy says above, each room requires a separate reservation. You can’t book multiple rooms under a single reservation. You can book each of the reservations yourself and put the correct names on each reservation (and their credit cards). Good luck and have a great trip.

Edited to add: make sure all your family members understand the reservation requirements (deposits/ cancellation policy, etc).

At least one guest from each of the families should set up a separate MDE account. You will need to book 3 separate packages - one for each family. The lead on those reservations (whomever sets up the MDE account) can then link the package reservation to their MDE account and you can all link through Friends and Family for planning purposes.

You can book each of the reservations yourself and put the correct names on each reservation (and their credit cards).
Can you do that without OP being on each reservation? Could potentially cause a room capacity issue and if the packages have tickets OP would be paying for multiple sets of tickets for themselves.

I would talk to the other parties and explain that they need to set up their own MDE account. It will probably be a pain for you to walk them through it, but I think it will be easiest for you in the long run. Maybe find a good article for them to read before you try to help them with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter