One or two bedroom hotels

Boardwalk_bride

Married in WDW :)
We are hoping to visit Disneyland in March 2023, with our daughter who will be six. We went to WDW for her 3rd bday and splurged on a one bedroom DVC in Kidani (it was huge)! We are currently on a road trip now and realizing we need to have at least one separate room with a door. We had one hotel with two sort of different areas but no door and she complained about light. We don’t want to be all lights out at 8pm!

It’s okay if we all sleep in the same room, we just need a separate area to watch tv, read or whatever. Ideally with a small or full kitchen. Needs to be within walking distance and ideally under $400/night. Oh and must have a pool!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

There are a number of hotels like that in walking distance, some as close as 5 minutes others more like 20. The earlier you book the likelier you are to get one of the suite rooms. Here's a list of hotels that have suites and the walking time to the crosswalk into Disneyland:

Courtyard Marriott- 10
Hyatt House- 15/20 - kitchen
Best Western Anaheim Plus Inn- 2
Park Vue Inn- 1 - kitchenette
Howard Johnson- 15/20
Tropicana- 10 - kitchenette

There are probably some that I forgot! Hojo and Courtyard both have pretty fancy pools and mini waterpark. All of the other places have more basic pools.

Last edited:
Thanks so much! We did look into Courtyard - def more expensive. We might do a split stay with Palm Springs in between, so I might book one cheaper and one higher end.

I’m more concerned that there are actually doors to the bedroom. The one hotel we recently stayed in said “one bedroom”, but the bedroom and living/kitchen area where just separated by a partial wall.

I guess if it’s not clear in the pictures I can call or email the hotel.

We always stay at the Residence Inn by the Convention Center or the Courtyard across Harbor from the main entrance if we don’t stay onsite. We have a 1 year old and a 15 year old. No one wants to go to bed at the same time as the 1 year old.Plus, my husband and daughter normally stay in the parks later than myself and the baby, so they can come back in the room and clunk around and turn on the tv to wind down without disturbing the baby or me if I’m already asleep. The one bedroom set-ups at both of these hotels are perfect for us, and we love the pools at both locations. The Courtyard also has a corner King where the bunk beds are in a nook all the way down a really long hallway. My teenager slept in the bunk beds there and I kept the TV on for an hour after she fell asleep. She’s sensitive to noise and light and it didn’t seem to bother her.

Residence Inn by Marriott Convention Center - one bedroom with 2Qs would fit your requirements. Approx 13-15 minute walk. Hot breakfast, you can take it back to your room. Pull out couch and the bedroom is seperated by a pocket door. Only downside ( not that big of a deal) is that the bathroom is in the bedroom and not accessible from the living area. Full kitchen. Really nice pool area with large hot tub, splash pad for littles, pagodas, and sitting around outdoor fireplaces.

We are hoping to visit Disneyland in March 2023, with our daughter who will be six. We went to WDW for her 3rd bday and splurged on a one bedroom DVC in Kidani (it was huge)! We are currently on a road trip now and realizing we need to have at least one separate room with a door. We had one hotel with two sort of different areas but no door and she complained about light. We don’t want to be all lights out at 8pm!

It’s okay if we all sleep in the same room, we just need a separate area to watch tv, read or whatever. Ideally with a small or full kitchen. Needs to be within walking distance and ideally under $400/night. Oh and must have a pool!

The Park Vue Inn has two different suites- one is a two bedroom. The back bedroom has a queen size bed. The main room has two queens, a table, microwave, fridge, bathroom. Both rooms have TVs. I’d put the kiddo in the back bedroom.

They also have a suite with one bedroom…. I think it has two queens. The living room has a fold out sofa. We’ve never stayed in this one.

These book super early, so plan ahead! Super close walk to the parks!

Thanks for all of this! I’m going to look into these more when we are home from our road trip.

We are hoping to go March Break (spring break) which for us is March 13th. We will probably aim to go mid week the week before. When should I think about booking? I’m used to the WDW hustle, and my understanding is this isn’t quite the same.

A Parlor Suite at the Desert Inn & Suites (DI&S) might be what you are looking for. You can look at the room in a virtual tour and the floor plan at the link above.

The DI&S booking calendar is open for March 2023 right now. For March the room is about $209. The earlier you book the lower the rate. It will only go up as time goes by. Nice thing is it is right at the crosswalk to DLR.

Thanks for all of this! I’m going to look into these more when we are home from our road trip.

We are hoping to go March Break (spring break) which for us is March 13th. We will probably aim to go mid week the week before. When should I think about booking? I’m used to the WDW hustle, and my understanding is this isn’t quite the same.

If you know your dates, I would call them and just book now.

If you know your dates, I would call them and just book now.
Thanks! I started looking and am realizing the prices are really high for that time. I thought Canadians had their breaks first….guess I’m wrong. Will look into January or May for the hotels suggested.

Thanks! I started looking and am realizing the prices are really high for that time. I thought Canadians had their breaks first….guess I’m wrong. Will look into January or May for the hotels suggested.

Depends on when in March. I know Texas schools have spring break in Mid March. There may be schools in surrounding states that do as well. California spring break is April.

Hyatt Regency Orange County has 1 and 2 bedroom suites. Great hotel and they have their own shuttle ($6/adult per day), it drops off right where the busses drop at the Harbor entrance. It's not walking distance, but it was super quick on the shuttle.

I would call as soon as you know your dates so you can get the room you want. Some hotels only have a certain amount of each room type.

I really like Desert Palm and Suites and staying there again in a month. 4 adults stayed in the bunk bed room and it was great! One room was a king and then there was a separate room with a door that had the bunk beds and a tv. I think the prices are generally very reasonable for what you get.

I really like Desert Palm and Suites and staying there again in a month. 4 adults stayed in the bunk bed room and it was great! One room was a king and then there was a separate room with a door that had the bunk beds and a tv. I think the prices are generally very reasonable for what you get.
Thanks. Dessert Palm looks like the most affordable decent ranked one. Looks like only a few nights available though - we are going to look into it tonight. I really like the Courtyard but it’s non refundable and I can’t commit to that.

Thanks. Dessert Palm looks like the most affordable decent ranked one. Looks like only a few nights available though - we are going to look into it tonight. I really like the Courtyard but it’s non refundable and I can’t commit to that.

The Marriott website defaults to non-refundable rates but you can switch to the "Standard Rate" tab at the top of the page to see refundable rates.

Hampton Inn on Katella is another hotel option that has a one-bedroom suite with a door -- bunk bed in one room, king in the other. But it's bit beyond walking distance, though you can go into the Toy Story and take the shuttle, or take ART.

Alpine and Camelot have family suites with doors, but those are lower end accommodations

We just got back from Disneyland and opted for a 1-bedroom suite at Paradise Pier. It was definitely $$$ even with a discount, but the proximity to everything (with special entrance to DCA) plus early entry to the parks (we're on Central time so we were up early anyway 😜) made it worth it. We have an almost-two-year-old so napping in the room was easy and clutch.

Another option that I don't think was mentioned yet... We had originally booked a suite at the Holiday Inn Anaheim (1240 South Walnut), which is on the other side of the Mickey & Friends parking structure and would have been about $200/night. We'll probably try it next time! 😄 It's on the Anaheim shuttle route so a $4 trip to the front of the parks. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter