One night stay in November

Monoxide

Mouseketeer
What are the chances of a one night stay on a Friday night at a Deluxe resort.
Most want a 2 night or more stay to make a reservation when I look to book something.

Would there be any chance to just show up on the night and get a reservation for just that night?
We plan on driving and think we can drive straight through, but in case we can't and need to stop before we get to Disney we don't want to commit to a reservation.

I would never play that game.

1. If you drive “through it” you aren’t driving safe. Plan a hotel stop, do not power through. You may be some caffeine powered driving genius but that doesn’t guarantee everyone else on the road is.

2. Disney has some of the highest occupancy rates in the industry, even if you arrive nice and safe the odds are not in your favor.

Sounds like a bad idea for several reasons. If you arrive after hours of late night driving, where do you plan to stay if there are no Disney rooms available? Seriously doubt you can just arrive without a reservation at a place that is usually sold out like Disney and expect a room to be waiting for you. I wouldn't travel anywhere without having an advance reservation.

you can always begin checking online for availability once you decide what you are doing. if the hotel you want is not available, there will be other options. if you are set on only one specific hotel you want to stay, then probably should make reservation in advance. but regardless of what you decide, i would make reservation online even if its same day and you are just about to pull into the parking lot than just showing up to the front desk. These are not the people making reservations and they would need to get a reservations team on the phone anyway or a manager to make a booking. might take longer, be a longer hassle. just do it online before you walk in.

I also have to wonder if you could even drive into a resort without a reservation. These days, people who drive to a resort to eat there are not allowed in without an ADR. I suspect the same may be true for rooms.

It sounds like you are looking now, but the reason you’re not booking ahead is because you can only get the resorts you want for 2-night stays? They do sometimes loosen that up online as time goes on, but I’d just book the 2 nights and call to get it decreased to 1. My sister does that all the time. I don’t think they’ve ever said no.

Even if you drive through, it sounds like you'd be arriving very late at night. With the upcharge you pay to stay at a Disney resort, that would be extra money you're paying to only enjoy a portion of the night's stay. Not sure where you're driving from, but if the possibility exists to not make it all the way, I'd just plan ahead of time to stop for the night somewhere else and get a cheaper room booked in advance.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll either book day of on way down or plan a alternate hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter