One more time - DLH tower advice

speedi-deedi

<font color=red>Driving is not like playing Crazy
I've read the posts with advice, but I'm having trouble deciding between Marina and Sierra. We've got a resort view ressie, and I think we'll be able to see fireworks from Sierra...right?. BUT, I read that the shops are SOOO convenient to have in the Marina tower. DH has rheumatoid arthritis, so saving steps everywhere is a consideration too. Help me decide - what other advantages/disadvantages are there?

VIEWS- Sierra Tower has excellent views from both sides. One side faces out towards DTD and the parks; you should be able to see fireworks from most rooms on this side. The other side faces toward the Neverland Pool area, as do rooms on one side of the Bonita, and one side of the Marina. Pretty much all the rooms in the Sierra Tower will be "view" rooms. The Marina and Bonita rooms facing the Neverland Pool area should also be view rooms. The opposite side of the Marina Tower look out over the front of the DLH and the front parking lot. From many of these rooms, you can see DL off to the side, and can even see fireworks. These are the cheaper standard rooms. I think the standard rooms at the Bonita Tower have the least desireable views.

LOCATION- Yes, the Marina Tower is more convenient for the shops since the lobby and a couple of small shops are located in this Tower. However, I think the Sierra Tower is the best location. It's the closest to the monorail, DL, DCA, and DTD. It's not dramatically closer, but the steps can add up. The Captain's Gally (I think that's what its called) adjacent to the Neverland Pool, is very close to the Sierra Tower. Captain's Gally is a great place for quick snacks, beverages, etc. The Bonita Tower is the furthest from most everything.
I would recommend Sierra as the first choice if you have a view room, Marina if you have a standard room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter