• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One Month

That's awesome! I hope to join you some day. Best of luck on your new journey. Make sure to join the Florida Plunge group on Facebook. It is all people that have "taken the plunge" and moved there. They do activities and meets in the area. I have several friends who belong to the group and it's a really friendly crowd.

Hope the move goes as smoothly and painlessly as possible, and your new house feels like a home in no time!

Welcome to FL!!! Val & I made the move just over 2 years ago and have been enjoying it very much.

What motivated you to decide to move? Curious because we also live in NC, and currently have the option to move to any city in the US. Orlando is def on my radar as a possibility, but I wonder about things like the economic stability there vs. here, crime rates, heat, etc.

My wife and I were ready for a change. We looked at two locations, Myrtle Beach and Orlando. The major factor for us choosing Orlando is the Job market. My wife could find a job in either location. There are more job opportunities for me in Orlando than Myrtle Beach. We go to Myrtle Beach a couple times a year. Everyone in Myrtle Beach said unless you are in Time share sales or the service industry, there are no good jobs. Plus we have friend that are already live in Orlando. We already found an apartment. My wife already found a job. My current job will let me telecommute for a month while I look a job. Our house sold in 3 days. Right now its a month to the day that we leave. We are still packing, weeding things out (A lot of trips to Goodwill). This weekend we are having a yard sale.

My wife and I were ready for a change. We looked at two locations, Myrtle Beach and Orlando. The major factor for us choosing Orlando is the Job market. My wife could find a job in either location. There are more job opportunities for me in Orlando than Myrtle Beach. We go to Myrtle Beach a couple times a year. Everyone in Myrtle Beach said unless you are in Time share sales or the service industry, there are no good jobs. Plus we have friend that are already live in Orlando. We already found an apartment. My wife already found a job. My current job will let me telecommute for a month while I look a job. Our house sold in 3 days. Right now its a month to the day that we leave. We are still packing, weeding things out (A lot of trips to Goodwill). This weekend we are having a yard sale.

So happy for you! Congratulations on making the move!

It sounds like everything is falling into place for your move. Congrats, and good luck! Maybe I'll join the Orlando club, too, someday...:earsgirl:

Its now less than a month. I cant believe it. Its been a dream of mine to move to Florida for 26 years. The had part is weeding out all the STUFF the accumulates in the house. Just had a yard sale, and we made enough money for the gas for the UHaul down. This next month is going to fly by, and still so much to do.

Thank you for everyone for the words of encouragement

Continued good wishes that everything goes as smoothly as possible. And when things return to some semblance of "normal", we'll be here waitin' for ya'! :)

Glad you made it okay, and I hope your "house" starts feeling like "home" in short order!

Go get your FL APs and welcome to Orlando. Definitely stay renting until you find the area you want to be in. We tried out 2 different towns before we settled into where we wanted to be in East Orlando. Have fun exploring, stay off 1-4 as often as possible, and enjoy what the parks have to offer as locals (even if that isn't going into the parks.). We have been here 4 years and counting now and I will honestly never move "home"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter