One magic band didn't ship

Sarahslay

DIS Veteran
I am going on a trip with my DD2 (7) at the end of July and the magic bands are supposed to be delivered tomorrow for the trip. I noticed last week that it had a QTY:1 instead of QTY:2 like it should have. Tonight I went to modify my moms magic band color for our trip next May and noticed that while the color band I had picked for my trip with DD2 was showing in my list of bands her band was not. She should have three now: purple, blue, and yellow; but there is only purple and blue. I know she's going to be very upset when the box shows up and only mine is in there, what can I do? I am going to call ASAP in the morning, but will they ship one out, or do you think I'll have to wait till we get to the resort? This girl has been waiting on pins and needles for this box, I'm just dreading telling her that her band won't be in there (and I wish it had been my band left out because I already have a ton). And, no, I didn't decline the band. I set the colors, and went in once to look to make sure I had selected the correct color for her but didn't touch anything and certainly didn't hit the decline button.

The disappearing magic bands happened to me about 6 weeks ago. One day I logged on after I had already chosen our colours and only mine was there - the other 3 weren’t showing, not even saying declined. I messaged on chat with a Disney cast member who escalated the problem to their IT department and it was resolved in about 15 minutes.

However -we are still quite a time off from our trip. I know they will be able to fix it but don’t know how fast they can get your DD’s band ready to go - hopefully they will be able to have one ready to pick up at the front desk for her if they can’t ship in time.

My experience is a little different, but for our trip in March our MB box looked almost like it was ripped open. Our MBs were in it, but our colorful luggage tags were not. It looks like they had fallen out of the rip in the box somehow. Our post office was less than helpful so I emailed Disney's guest relations and they sent us a set with every color of luggage tag they have. Even though my experience doesn't directly relate, I think emailing guest relations usually helps. I had a representative call me personally and apologize.

I called this morning, and they did confirm that hers did not ship. Thankfully we still have 3.5 weeks until the trip so they put in a new order for her band and it should ship by the end of the week. The CM said that there is ongoing work on the site and some guests bands are disappearing from orders, or even just shipping separately. Mine is out for delivery today, she confirmed that, and you could see on our list of bands that DD2 new band just wasn't there. Thankfully it all got sorted out, even if I did have to wait for 58 minutes to talk to someone (they are having FP problems today, not a good day to call for other stuff).

Glad you got that straighten out!

Quick question if anyone knows, can you change the color of the magic band after you've already picked one out? My trip isn't until next May and I'm afraid if I modify them now then I won't be able to later if we change our minds on colors. Thanks

Glad you got that straighten out!

Quick question if anyone knows, can you change the color of the magic band after you've already picked one out? My trip isn't until next May and I'm afraid if I modify them now then I won't be able to later if we change our minds on colors. Thanks

You can change your color on magic bands. They willl tell you when the last day to make changes as it gets close to being made and shipped

Oh yeah, you can go in and change the color every day if you want, as long as you make your final decision by around the 30 day mark. It always tells you how many days you have left, like for my solo trip in August I have until July 12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter