• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One day magic kingdom

luulu1999

DIS Veteran
We are going to Universial the week of Christmas, I am considering a one day ticket to MK while there, we have only ever been to disneyland but MK has most of my favorite rides, is it do able to get most of them done in a day? Do you get magic bands for one day tickets and how does FP work? And whats a must do eating place for lunch??

You don’t get magic bands for one day tickets, only for hotel guests until then end of the year. You would have to purchase one if you wanted one. There is no fastpass right now, all rides in Magic Kingdom are standby only. If you’re going the week of Christmas, it’s going to be very busy so you may not get everything done, but you should get a good amount done if you rope drop.

Are you looing for QS lunch or have to checked to see what ADR are available? I also think it depends on your party too. Some really want to see inside Cinderella's Royal Table or Be Our Guest for the experience (less for the food). While others really want "good" food.

Are you looing for QS lunch or have to checked to see what ADR are available? I also think it depends on your party too. Some really want to see inside Cinderella's Royal Table or Be Our Guest for the experience (less for the food). While others really want "good" food.
I personally would rather have good food lol but my daughter has mentioned wanting to do be our guest before

I personally would rather have good food lol but my daughter has mentioned wanting to do be our guest before
You need to look for availability for ADRs for Be Our Guest. I would say have a Plan B, but I have checked the day before/morning of and got reservations many times (people change their minds too). MK is not the place I think of for great food at Disney but looking at the menus and then watch a few YouTube reviews of the restaurant to decide if it works for you and your party. Just make sure you are watching recent reviews as some menus are limited and some restaurants may not be open.

Good luck and enjoy :)

I think if your expectations are all aligned that you can't possibly get it all done in 1 day, especially that time of year, and just take it in and do what you can, it'll be really wonderful! Be Our Guest and other table service restaurants take a good chunk of time out of the day, so it's just a matter of what's more important - experiencing more rides/exploring the park or having a meal experience like that. Not sure what your daughter's age is now, but neither of mine were impressed by BOG at any age (they're now 10 and 12 and roll their eyes if I even mention going.) :)

A lot of people change their plans so keep checking even up to the day of because cancellations must be made by midnight before. Currently Ihavebeen making reservations and just realized my daughter has also for same trip/ times arriving 12/28. Just an example of making & changing dining.
Good luck You will enjoy all the holiday joy with music and decorations/ one day ;
and leave with dreams to make next year.
I am trying to plan one day for Universal Resort on 12/24! So I understand . Definitely get their EARLY because the parks will Close due to occupancy.

You don’t really need a Magic Band these days if you’re not staying on property, as the Fast Pass system is discontinued due to Covid. The parks will be VERY busy the week of Christmas, so lines will be long. Wait times will be best at rope drop (park open) and before close. If you want to get in as much as possible, I would suggest staying rope drop to park close, and then taking a midday break by leaving the park and heading to one of the Magic Kingdom area resorts via monorail for lunch. That way you get better food (Magic Kingdom park food is notoriously blah) a little break from the parks and monorail ride. Restaurants I would suggest for lunch are the Wave at The Contemporary or the Grand Floridian Cafe. If you really don’t want to leave the park, the restaurants I would suggest are either Skipper Canteen, Liberty Tree Tavern or Be Our Guest. There’s also lots of yummy quick service/snacks available. Have fun!

Edited to add: this is assuming parks won’t close due to capacity as often happens during other holiday weeks in years past. I’m just thinking since Disney has only sold a certain amount of tickets this year that everyone who has bought one will be able to get in throughout the day. If parks are still closing due to capacity, definitely don’t leave the park for lunch!

I was just discussing this topic in our house..
We went in October.
1. Parks open up to an hour before posted time, so get there early.
2. We take a backpack with snacks and drinks to save money. ( that's our biggest money saver)
3. The few days leading up to the trip watch the MDE and make a ride plan... the ride times are very similar in the week.

My kids' first trip to WDW was a one-day only trip to MK. It was magical. Definitely plan to burn every hour, so make sure you have a down day after (or a travel day). We didn't want to use up time dining on that trip, so we just did snacks and quick service. Also, rather than moving linearly through the park, we were more likely to hop back and forth between lands to wherever the shortest lines were. Lastly, make sure you know what your top priorities are. You definitely can't do it all in a day, but you can absolutely hit your favorites with time to spare. Just be aware that classics like Peter Pan can have crazy wait times, so maybe do those first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter