One Adult & One 4 Year Old

angel659

<font color=peach>Have A <font color=deeppink>Magi
Hi

I have just booked a holiday to Florida for my daughter and I. Normally I travel with my husband as a family. I have 5 month old twins boys and had a very bad birth experience. It has left me feeling very low. My husband suggested I went on holiday and he would look after the boys. It sounded great. All booked and everything. Now its coming up and I am petrified. My tummy has constant butterflys.

I booked it all seperate to ensure I stayed in All Star Movies Resort, which I have already stayed in and trust. It is now the whole thing and I am worried. Are there any tips that anyone can give me.

I am just looking into booking transportation to and from the hotel to the airport, people have mentioned Mears. I am looking into that. Travelling on my own I want to feel safe and secure.

Sorry to go on, it is getting close now.

Cheers
Michelle:eek:

mears is what disney uses.

it is a bus (and I mean a bus) - that you will ride with others going to the All star resorts.

Disney has security guards - so you should feel safe....all the rooms have safes too - for your valuables (better yet - leave them at home).

there is a transportation board - maybe a moderator can move your post to that board?

how old is your daughter?

are you prepared to eat alot of meals at the food court?

The first time I went to WDW with my daughter she was 6 & my DH had died about 6 months before so I was very nervous, but I have always felt safe at WDW; that's one of the reasons I keep returning with my DD (now 13). I feel safe walking around the parks & the resorts at night which is very important to me.

I have taken both a towncar service & Mears. I've found Mears more reliable & less expensive. The drivers for both services are very nice & helpful with your luggage (don't forget to tip). The down side with Mears is you will have to wait a little while for the bus to fill. I've waited as long as a half an hour. Towncar services meet you at the baggage with your name on a placard, help you with getting your luggage off the belt & then get the car. I even had one driver give me a soda when I got into the car. They always talk about disney & the area which can be very helpful.

Best of luck & have a great time! Remember to let your 4 yr old set the pace.

Geri

I think your trip sounds like a wonderful idea! Please go and don't feel guilty for even one second. My husband runs his own business and couldn't take time off to care for our twins. If he had, I would have/will go in a second. That first year, year and a half with twins is so exhausting and can be somewhat traumatizing. I'm sure you're a great mom. Part of being a great mom is taking time to recharge your batteries. You can't be your best when fatigue and hormones have you exhausted and depressed (at least I was, I guess I'm making an assumption in your case). Having twins is a fantastic blessing and journey. It does get easier as they get older (mine are four now), but just know that you're not alone and that yes, the beginning can be bumpy for a lot of us. Feel free to PM me anytime. I don't have any real advice about your trip. I just wanted to say GO, and have a Great Time!

I like the town car services when I don't rent a car. Most will meet you at the luggage pick up and carry your bags for you etc. Not a bad price either ~ $100 tound trip. Here's one I've used:

Orlando Town Car

Go and enjoy it. I'm a single mom of a 4 year old and we are planning our 3rd trip for December. I love going with just me and my daughter. We can do whatever we want, when we want. It's easy to get a table for 2 at restaurants and you can do all kinds of fun mommy-daughter things. I have never felt concerned in regards to safety at WDW. Have a blast. This should be a relaxing trip. Enjoy it while you can because with a husband and 2 more kids the next time, you'll be a lot busier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter