One adult - 2 small kids ?

luckydoodlebug

Earning My Ears
My husband will be in conference during most of our time near Disneyland this summer. Is one adult taking a 3-year-old and almost 2-year-old workable in terms of rides and things? For example, are many of the small kid rides appropriate for both girls? Or can just my 3-year-old ride? Is there space in the safari car ride for both girls to ride while I drive? Are there enough shows and characters to fill a few days? Or is it crucial to have a one-to-one ratio (1adult/1 kid ration) to enjoy the experience?

TIA!

we just went in october with our 4 year old and 2 year old twins. so while there were 2 of us, one of us always had 2 kids on a ride. at the mk I would say everything in fantasyland is doable for you and the 2 kids. same with toontown. you could do many other rides...pirates, the magic carpets, jungle cruise, haunted mansion (if you think your kids will be fine with it). as for AK, where the safari is, yes, they could both ride...there are several seats across. and no, you don't drive. (do you mean the ak safari here?) there is tons to do for that age group at all the park. my kids had a blast and talk about it still.

the hardest thing for me would be handling the double stroller/diaper bag, and kids on the bus, if you are using the bus system. the onloading/offloading would be tricky. but then you might find some kind soul who would help you get your stroller on/off while you get the kids on/off.

okay, just reread your post and realized you said disneyland...do you mean disneyland (california) or disneyworld (florida)? I'm writing this from a florida perspective, and seeing you say safari makes me think that's what you mean. but either would be very doable for you.

to answer your other question, btw, no, your 3 year old will not be able to ride alone.

I have taken my 2 kids into the parks alone and survived so I say you'll be fine. We always had other people with us but split up a couple of times, leaving me alone with the kids (who were 3 months and 2.5yo at the time). You can sit with both kids on pretty much every ride. And if you can't then you can't ride it cause they won't let either of your 2 ride alone so that kinda simplifies things.

As far as the bus goes, I would walk both kids on the bus and have them stand right there at the door, then get off, pick up your stroller and get back on and walk with them to an available seat. And if there aren't any seats available I'd wait for the next bus if it were me.

If you are indeed in DL, not WDW, then it's even easier cause there are no buses cause you can walk to the parks.

Also, the safari is a ride where a ride operator drives, not you. The only thing that you could personally drive would be the Indy Speedway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter