• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One additional fastpass email

pfanny37

Earning My Ears
We received an email for one additional family for everyone in my family because I complained about a small issue with emm (totally not looking for compensation, just trying to give them a heads up, but very appreciative). I have it an email, and it does not mention any excluded rides. I'm just supposed to take it to customer service. Does anyone have any experience with this? Can I assume the rides that are usually excluded will be excluded for this?

We received an email for one additional family for everyone in my family... and it does not mention any excluded rides.
1. I'm just supposed to take it to customer service.
2. Can I assume the rides that are usually excluded will be excluded for this?

1. That would be "Guest Relations."
2. Likely. But, you'll find out when you get to GR.
Have fun!

I got an e-mail from Disney Guest Relations after several problems we encountered with the bus transportation during last year’s trip.

My e-mail stated: She, (the CM) who sent the e-mail, has arranged for me and my guest to utilize 3 additional FP+ selections for each day of our next visit. She gave me a case number and told me to give that to someone at the guest relations desk at any Disney park and they will arrange the extra FP+. However, in my e-mail, it does state some exclusions may apply. I’m figuring that means I still won’t be able to book a ride on anything we already scheduled to ride. I’m also not clear if, when I visit the guest relations desk the first time, if the CM will be able to arrange the extra 3 FP+ for each day of our visit or if I will have to report to the guest relations desk each day to arrange these. If this is the case, pickins will be slim! I guess we’ll find out whenwe get there!

TC :cool1:

I’m also not clear if, when I visit the guest relations desk the first time, if the CM will be able to arrange the extra 3 FP+ for each day of our visit or if I will have to report to the guest relations desk each day to arrange these. If this is the case, pickins will be slim!
AFAIK, you won't be limited to the FP+ positions left available in the system at the time(s)
of your booking.
You likely can pick nearly any attraction and time you like.

What is still in question is whether something like 7DMT or FoP will be included or excluded.

We have been dusted with pixie dust in the past and for us it was a paper ticket this good any day and any time at any park. It's similar to rider swap but not ride specific

We had a magic band issue last year and were given 3 FP+ for 3 days. It was great! You could use them anytime, I believe 7DMT was excluded. The only thing had to be careful was using the “free” fast passes at different times from my scheduled ones. If I went to a scheduled FP too early it would take one of my “free” ones and I’d have to reschedule my “scheduled” one based on day of availability. It really maximized our time in the park and I am secretly hoping to have another magic band issue this trip . Really wasn’t a big deal and I wasn’t expecting anything. The extra FP were very much appreciated though!

We were at WDW last week and were given extra fast passes two different times due to some difficulty we had. The ones we were given had the following restrictions:
No Frozen at Epcot, No Toy Story Midway Mania at HS, No Talking Mickey at MK and No Pandora rides (FOP or Navi) at AK. We could use them any time for any other ride and once we used our three pre-scheduled ones we could schedule others, even if we still had the bonus FPs available. Just be careful with your windows. We arrived at a pre-scheduled ride 7 minutes before our window and it used one of our bonus passes. A trip to Guest Relations fixed it pretty easily.

Be very careful with young kids and anytime FP. On our December trip my son wanted to tap my MB for FP and would re-tap if I did it myself (he’s 2 1/2 and didn’t want to wear his) We tapped into a scheduled FP and then when he was upset that I had tapped in i unthinkingly handed him my MB to tap again. Instead of going blue as usual it went green and I realized he had just used my anytime FP with his additional tap at Small World. When I said “oh crap” and explained to my family what had happed the FP attendant gave me a paper anytime fp to replace it but ymmv with their ability to do that.

Has anyone used their regular FP+s in one park, hopped over to another park and used their extra FP+s that were granted at the 2nd park or are you still restricted to using all FP+s at one park?

I got an e-mail from Disney Guest Relations after several problems we encountered with the bus transportation during last year’s trip.

My e-mail stated: She, (the CM) who sent the e-mail, has arranged for me and my guest to utilize 3 additional FP+ selections for each day of our next visit. She gave me a case number and told me to give that to someone at the guest relations desk at any Disney park and they will arrange the extra FP+. However, in my e-mail, it does state some exclusions may apply. I’m figuring that means I still won’t be able to book a ride on anything we already scheduled to ride. I’m also not clear if, when I visit the guest relations desk the first time, if the CM will be able to arrange the extra 3 FP+ for each day of our visit or if I will have to report to the guest relations desk each day to arrange these. If this is the case, pickins will be slim! I guess we’ll find out whenwe get there!

It means that you'll be given "anytime" fastpasses that you can do to any attraction anytime, however they will not work at Flight of Passage, Navii River Journey, Frozen at Epcot, Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom, and Toy Story at DHS. Those are the exclusions we are currently saying.

Timmy Boy...so if I use my regular FP+s at AKP in the morning, can I go to Epcot in the evening and use the extra FP+s over there?

It means that you'll be given "anytime" fastpasses that you can do to any attraction anytime, however they will not work at Flight of Passage, Navii River Journey, Frozen at Epcot, Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom, and Toy Story at DHS. Those are the exclusions we are currently saying.
Does it also include 7DMT? I would be kind of surprised if it didn't.

Timmy Boy...so if I use my regular FP+s at AKP in the morning, can I go to Epcot in the evening and use the extra FP+s over there?

That's correct. It depends on what park they're set for. When you get them set up, and say you want them for Epcot, they can make them work at anything at Epcot, except Frozen.

^The extra FP's can be used at SDMT. They lifted that restriction a little while ago.
We got an extra one last week and it specifically excluded SDMT and Pandora rides but nothing else. It was one written on a yellow piece of paper.

When we got an electronic one for a ride being closed at MK, it excluded Talking Mickey and SDMT and Peter Pan.

I got an extra fastpass for our upcoming April trip and it is specifically for SDMT (and only SDMT).

I think there may be different varieties of “extra fastpasses.”

I would be surprised if any extra fastpasses included Pandora rides. They heavily guard those.

Last edited:
We got an extra one last week and it specifically excluded SDMT and Pandora rides but nothing else. It was one written on a yellow piece of paper.

When we got an electronic one for a ride being closed at MK, it excluded Talking Mickey and SDMT and Peter Pan.

I got an extra fastpass for our upcoming April trip and it is specifically for SDMT (and only SDMT).

I think there may be different varieties of “extra fastpasses.”

Yes.
This is why I mentioned that any restrictions will be noted at the time of redemption
of the "special" FP(s) offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter