• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Once Upon A Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I said it about 200 pages ago, but it bears repeating. Unless the writers have ZERO sense on continuity, Neil and Bae cannot be the same person.
Rumpelstiltskin was already The Dark One when we first meet Jiminey in human form. At that time, Geppetto was only a child. So unless the magic bean made a time portal as well as a realm-jumping portal, Bae has to be at least in his 60's (aging compared to Geppetto)

There's already continuity issues. Per the "official" Rumple wiki description, he was 300 years old when the curse happened, (presumably because of becoming the Dark One?) however in that case Bae would be long dead of old age in this world.

Even not accounting for Rumple's presumed advanced age, you have the timeline of events involving Hook and Bae's mother. Since Rumple didn't get involved with Jiminy/Geppetto until after he became the Dark One and Hook was involved with Rumple before he became the Dark One, Hook should be about 90 years old. My guess is that they will cover any continuity issues with a general "time is different from one world to the next" After all, we already know that time stood still in Storybrooke for everyone other than Henry.

Another twist from the preview- they showed Regina, Cora, and Hook at Hold's shop with the dagger. If Rumple doesn't have power anymore then who do you think will control the dark one?

There's already continuity issues. Per the "official" Rumple wiki description, he was 300 years old when the curse happened, (presumably because of becoming the Dark One?) however in that case Bae would be long dead of old age in this world.

Even not accounting for Rumple's presumed advanced age, you have the timeline of events involving Hook and Bae's mother. Since Rumple didn't get involved with Jiminy/Geppetto until after he became the Dark One and Hook was involved with Rumple before he became the Dark One, Hook should be about 90 years old. My guess is that they will cover any continuity issues with a general "time is different from one world to the next" After all, we already know that time stood still in Storybrooke for everyone other than Henry.

The Hook thing can easily be explained by the fact that Hook went to Neverland where he didn't age.

As for the Bae thing, since the method of arriving in this world was different, the timeline doesn't have to be the same. One arrived by good magic (Bae) and the other by a CURSE written by R specifically to find his son. R wouldn't have written a curse that would get him here 300 years too late. He'd write it to get back to Bae, regardless of the amount of time that passed in the fairytale world.

Another twist from the preview- they showed Regina, Cora, and Hook at Hold's shop with the dagger. If Rumple doesn't have power anymore then who do you think will control the dark one?

I think Charming will become the dark one. :stir:

gometros said:
For you Losties, did you catch that the book Ruby gave to Belle was Jules Verne's Mysterious Island? I :rotfl2:

New to the thread. Love Once. I don't have friends that watch (silly fools) so it's fun to read this thread! I watch with my kids.

I also watched Lost and picked up on this reference!

When Bae went through the portal created by the bean, the blue fairy mentioned it could send a person through space *and* time. I also think Rumple set up the curse to send them to our world around the same time that Bae arrived.

Here's a thought...the bean came from the Blue Fairy. The wardrobe idea was the Blue Fairys idea. If Bae and Emma met up in our world later on maybe its more than a coincidence that the ended up in the same time?

I want to know how Rumple got Henry if he couldn't leave Storybrooke before and I'm still curious to know what was in the box August showed Neal.

Here's a thought...the bean came from the Blue Fairy. The wardrobe idea was the Blue Fairys idea. If Bae and Emma met up in our world later on maybe its more than a coincidence that the ended up in the same time?

I want to know how Rumple got Henry if he couldn't leave Storybrooke before and I'm still curious to know what was in the box August showed Neal.

Ok, so Neal took one look in the box and immediately trusted August and understood how "important" Emma was. So that means Neal knew something about magic and the Fairy Tale world and the importance of whatever was in the box. So what's small enough to fit in the box and yet significant enough that Neal would know it related to magic? You might be right - beans. Or - here's a wild thought - maybe Rumpel's dagger? Or a fairy? August wouldn't be running around with a heart in there, would he?

Ok, so Neal took one look in the box and immediately trusted August and understood how "important" Emma was. So that means Neal knew something about magic and the Fairy Tale world and the importance of whatever was in the box. So what's small enough to fit in the box and yet significant enough that Neal would know it related to magic? You might be right - beans. Or - here's a wild thought - maybe Rumpel's dagger? Or a fairy? August wouldn't be running around with a heart in there, would he?

Couldn't have been the dagger -- August came to Storybrooke to get the dagger, and the box incident was before that.

I was thinking fairy dust?

The other thing is August had to know who Neal is or else how would he have known Neal would understand what he was seeing? If he showed just some average guy a dagger or fairy dust they probably wouldn't have even known what they were looking at.

Where the heck is August anyways?

I forgot August showed him something.

It would make more sense that Neal believed August because he is Bae. Some random guy tells you to leave your pregnant girlfriend because she is the savior of fairy tale people, why would anyone believe that? Plus, originally Rumple was going to find him alone. There has to be some reason to have Emma and Henry go too.

I forgot August showed him something.

It would make more sense that Neal believed August because he is Bae. Some random guy tells you to leave your pregnant girlfriend because she is the savior of fairy tale people, why would anyone believe that? Plus, originally Rumple was going to find him alone. There has to be some reason to have Emma and Henry go too.

I don't think Neil knew Emma was pregnant.

I think August sent Neal the note that the spell was broken. Neal knows something.

Yes, August definitely sent Neal the note - when they showed a repeat of that episode when Emma ended up in jail and pregnant, I clearly heard Neal tell August to let him know when the spell was broken. (I can't remember the exact words.)

Based on Emma's reaction in the previews when they're chasing Bae, I'm starting to think Neal/Henry's father IS Bae. If he's Bae, then he'll know all about magic so he'd know whatever "it" was in the box that August showed him.

And when are we going to find out what happened to August since the spell is broken???

lizabu said:

I'm betting August had something to do with Henry. He needed to make sure there was a reason for Emma to go to Storybrooke and break the curse

Do you think if Emma got control of the dagger and the dark one, she could be more powerful than them all? What about Henry, does he have some dormant power?

ellone said:
I'm betting August had something to do with Henry. He needed to make sure there was a reason for Emma to go to Storybrooke and break the curse

Makes sense.

Cinderelly5507 said:
I'm thinking maybe August/Pinocchio had Tinkerbell in the box...

This made me think of something. Does anyone else think its weird that Blue Fairy was tiny in FTL but big in our world? But then Tiny was only normal sized because of a spell?

If it was Tink why would she be small?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter