Onboard credit question

Tucker24

Mouseketeer
It's my understanding that you can't "decide" where the money goes to. Just that it goes to the first expense. Is there a way to use it for souvenirs or spa treatments vs excursion cost? If there is extra money on my in-law rooms can I book a spa treatment for husband but use their leftover onboard credit. i can see them not using all of theirs even though it's owed to them

You can’t really apply it to a specific item. It’s generally treated as a cash payment and is applied as such.

I’m actually not sure if you can have them purchase a spa treatment for your hubby, I would assume you could if they signed for it. But I will say that because it gets applied to gratuities there generally isn’t a lot left over.

Are you expecting your in-laws to have more OBC than expenses? Have you calculated their standard gratuities plus all excursions they have planned? Don’t forget Palo/Remy, and souvenirs.

If by chance there is more OBC than they plan to spend, yes, I believe they can sign for your husband’s spa treatment. They can buy a round of drinks at dinner, or treat you to dinner at Palo, or buy snacks at the theater, or the kids a souvenir, or a gift for someone not on the cruise, or ... In other words, I wouldn’t count on unspent OBC until they are onboard and it’s nearing the end of the cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

On some other cruise lines, you pay for excursions and spa treatments separately and in advance (which helps when you want to compartimentalize your money)... Unfortunately, it is not the same with DCL where all the OBC goes on your account and when it is completely spent, they charge the extra on your credit card.

I’m a bit confused of the question. If you don’t want to use the OBC for the Tips why not just prepay them prior to cruising. That is what we do and then I feel like we have the OBC to use for stuff on the ship.
The OBC is a credit against expenses on the stateroom account. If you feel like your parents won’t use the OBC if not doing excursions then definitely encourage them to buys some drinks or play bingo!!

There used to be s $50 credit for using your Disney Visa on the cruises that let you just use it for drinks only but unfortunately Chase stopped that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter