Onboard Booking Questions

flytimefl

Earning My Ears
I have a few questions about onboard booking. First, if I have an existing reservation for September, 2018, can I cancel and rebook onboard to take advantage of the 10% discount? Second, will the 10% discount apply to the guarantee status cabins? Third, how does placeholder work?

Thanks,
Susan

Looking forward to Halloween on the High Seas 10/30/17 and Merry Christmas Cruise 12/15/17

You can "re-shop" the Sept. 2018 cruise once you are onboard. The OBB will be based on prevailing rates, so if you booked the Sept. 2018 cruise on opening day, that may be the better deal. They won't apply the 10% discount directly to the reservation you currently have.

No. OBB cannot be used with *GT offers.

A "placeholder" is simply a future booking without a specified date. You place a $250 deposit (per future stateroom) and have 24 months to actually cruise. If you are considering a summer or fall 2019 cruise, those dates aren't likely to be released before your upcoming cruises. So you book a placeholder and then when the dates are available for booking, you call with the placeholder number (essentially a reservation number) and the discount/OBC will be given on the new cruise.

Enjoy your cruises!

Dh and I went on the 9/29 fantasy cruise. We had already booked 2 cabins thru costco for a may, 2018 cruise. We booked those 2 cabins in June of 2017

We were not allowed to transfer the already booked cabins thru on board booking. We had to book 2 additional cabins in order to get the onboard credit and 10% off. It was 10% off the September price, not 10% off the June price. We were able to transfer the 2 new cabins to costco and get the nice costco rebate and reward dollars.

I just cancelled the original booking when I got back home.

Dh and I went on the 9/29 fantasy cruise. We had already booked 2 cabins thru costco for a may, 2018 cruise. We booked those 2 cabins in June of 2017

We were not allowed to transfer the already booked cabins thru on board booking. We had to book 2 additional cabins in order to get the onboard credit and 10% off. It was 10% off the September price, not 10% off the June price. We were able to transfer the 2 new cabins to costco and get the nice costco rebate and reward dollars.

I just cancelled the original booking when I got back home.

Correct. If you book through a travel agent (which (still weirdly to me) Costco is, the agent/agency "owns" the reservation and they have to be the ones to cancel it. Therefore you're going to have to do what you had to.

If you book on your own, it's still making a new reservation, but the onboard sales person can do the cancellation and get you the same cabin right then. And FWIW, I've never been able to move the funds from the original reservation directly to the OBB one - it's been a new deposit, and then I just transfer the other one as soon as the refund hits the card.

For the 24 month time limit... If the placeholder says we have to travel by 3/22/19, does that mean the cruise has to START on or before 3/22/19 or the cruise has to END on or before 3/22/19? Thanks!

For the 24 month time limit... If the placeholder says we have to travel by 3/22/19, does that mean the cruise has to START on or before 3/22/19 or the cruise has to END on or before 3/22/19? Thanks!
It needs to start by that date. The placeholder that we used expires on 8/14/18--we're doing a cruise from 8/9-8/16/18. We got the OBB discount.

I used to see my placeholder on the same page of the list of previous cruises but it doesn't show up anymore. Has anyone else seen (or not seen) this? I still have the confirmation e-mail to me and my TA so I'm not worried I can't use it (other than DH's inability to commit to a date/location but that's a totally different story) but I wondered if this was a glitch or new or if it's squirrelled away somewhere else in the site now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter