Onboard booking does it have to be 7+ nights

birdmom

ONE BY ONE THE BIRDS TOOK MY SANITY!!!
Question 1 we did a place holder in Oct 2021 for 2 rooms ($250 x2 and I picked Costco as my TA) I called Disney today to ask if we could get a refund for them as we booked 2 more on 4/3/22 (picked DU as my TA) and I want to use those reservations for our trip next April. Disney said I had to call Costco and get them to release the bookings before Disney could refund me... is this normal? I paid the deposit to Disney not Costco.

Question 2 After explaining that I now have 4 place holders and I was pretty sure I can only have 2 the cast member told me that all 4 were valid and to go ahead and use them. that being said I thought we might just do a quick 4 night but the website is confusing. Can the OBB only be used for 7+ nights or is it just the deposit that it reduced on 7 nights and I can book a 4 night???

Pic is of the Disney guidelines
Capture.PNG

I think it means that if the cruise is less than 7 nights you pay the regular 20% deposit. If the cruise is longer than 7 nights your deposit is only 10%.

Since Costco "owns" your older placeholders, you will need to ask Costco to cancel. Once a TA is involved, anything financial-related must be done through the TA.

OBB/placeholder can be used for a shorter cruise. It still gets the 10% discount but not reduced deposit. The reduced deposit only applies to cruises of 7+ nights.

Disney said I had to call Costco and get them to release the bookings before Disney could refund me... is this normal? I paid the deposit to Disney not Costco.

we did a place holder in Oct 2021 for 2 rooms ($250 x2 and I picked Costco as my TA)
When you made the reservation, you indicated COSTCO as your TA. Regardless of who you made the payment to, you must use your TA for any reservations/money matters.

Since Costco "owns" your older placeholders, you will need to ask Costco to cancel. Once a TA is involved, anything financial-related must be done through the TA.

OBB/placeholder can be used for a shorter cruise. It still gets the 10% discount but not reduced deposit. The reduced deposit only applies to cruises of 7+ nights.
As always you are amazing. I guess this is Disneys way of telling me to book 2 cruises this year.

The restriction is that you can only make 2 OBB/placeholders on any given cruise, and both must be used on the same future cruise date. So presumably you can have as many OBBs in your account as you have cruises in the past 2 years (well...in normal times, right now that's probably ~4 yrs with the covid extensions).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter