On the Dream now - any questions?

Could you please tell me about the wifi you purchased, prices, how it runs…i may want to purchase this time, 2 sea days and not getting off in Cozumel (been too many times)….thank you and continue to have a dreamy time

What’s been the favorite thing you’ve had to eat so far? Thanks for answering all these questions!
For me, it is a toss up between lunch at Animators Pallette on embarkation day where I had he strip loin and so did my wife. We both loved it. Also, the lamb chop on pirate night was excellent. Overall, the full service dinners were very good, but breakfast, Cabanas and quick service was average overall - nothing special. Plus the Dole Whip machine is not working…

What were the Halloween events like? Was halloween still limited or pretty normal?

What were the Halloween events like? Was halloween still limited or pretty normal?
They had a Halloween dance party on the upper deck, lots of characters dressed up, trick or treating in cabanas, plenty of decorations and a pumpkin tree lighting ceremony, spooky music playing throughout the ship, and Halloween treats/merchandise. The characters all hugged guests which was great to see again. I would say it felt sort of like a boo bash overlay if that makes sense.

For me, it is a toss up between lunch at Animators Pallette on embarkation day where I had he strip loin and so did my wife. We both loved it. Also, the lamb chop on pirate night was excellent. Overall, the full service dinners were very good, but breakfast, Cabanas and quick service was average overall - nothing special. Plus the Dole Whip machine is not working…
Out of curiousity, for embarkation day lunch at Animators Pallette, was the room black and white or full color? I ask because I'm researching for our first DCL cruise. I wouldn't want to spoil that effect for the rest of the family before their first dinner there. (Or is that only a Magic/Wonder effect? I know there are differences to Animator's Pallette on the different ship classes but don't know everything yet.)

No Dole Whip was the biggest disappointment! Glad we are staying at the Poly in March!
Used to love getting fresh Dole pineapple juice at the booth outside the Enchanted Tiki Room at Disneyland. Never heard of Dole Whip until I joined the DIS. I finally tried some at The Grape Festival (of all places to try something pineapple) last month. Meh. Seems there is a Dole Whip vendor at every Festival, Fair and Home Show here, so not hard to find if you like it. Just don't look at the ingredients. Pineapple is NOT one of them and Strawberry either on the Strawberry Dole Whip .

Out of curiousity, for embarkation day lunch at Animators Pallette, was the room black and white or full color? I ask because I'm researching for our first DCL cruise. I wouldn't want to spoil that effect for the rest of the family before their first dinner there. (Or is that only a Magic/Wonder effect? I know there are differences to Animator's Pallette on the different ship classes but don't know everything yet.)
Here is a photo from lunch at Animators Palette on embarkation day.

Animator.jpg

Was there pin trading?
Sort of… No crew members had pins on to trade, but they did have something in Mickey’s Mainsail. My kids went there to trade and the crew member pulled out something like an advent calendar where you open a little door on a box and pull out a pin and place yours in there. If you did not like the one you ended up with, you could just pick another. Certainly not the same as it used to be, but at least it’s something…

Sort of… No crew members had pins on to trade, but they did have something in Mickey’s Mainsail. My kids went there to trade and the crew member pulled out something like an advent calendar where you open a little door on a box and pull out a pin and place yours in there. If you did not like the one you ended up with, you could just pick another. Certainly not the same as it used to be, but at least it’s something…
Oh fun, my girls loved doing that surprise box pin trading last year at WDW. They’ll be happy that they can pack their pins for the cruise after all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter