On site hotel and annual pass

KLAIT

DIS Veteran
i have read conflicting information and have also received conflicting information from phone calls so am hoping all the Universal experts on this board can help me out!

I have purchased my annual pass on line and was wondering if I can get the actual pass from somewhere in Portofino or if I have to run to the park to get the physical ticket before I can get our express pass when we check in at hotel?

Thanks!

or if I have to run to the park to get the physical ticket before I can get our express pass when we check in at hotel?

You don't need to have admission to get your express pass. So the whole question doesn't *really* matter, based on what you seem to be worried about. ;)

Check in, use your room key to get your EP, head to the parks. If you can use the kiosk at the hotel to get the AP go for it, or just go to the park and use a kiosk there to get it.

Just get all your stuff at PBH, much easier.

Agreed. We were in the same situation in March. Got to hotel, checked in, got our express pass at kiosk at hotel, walked to US and got our annual passes at ticke kiosk at entrance.

Just get all your stuff at PBH, much easier.

So you CAN get the AP at an in-hotel kiosk?

That was the OP's question. Except that I felt that they were worrying about it because they thought they had to have it for the EP. They don't, so that's why I answered how I answered. :)

But I think they do really want to know if they can get it at the hotel.

I picked our annual passes at the ticket pick up window at park entrance but received my express pass prior at the hotel.

I believe when you are purchasing your pass online you need to decide the pickup options. If it says to pick up your passes at Will Call Kiosk, you can do that at on-site hotels.

If, when you purchase, it says to go to Ticket Pick Up Window, it's at the parks.

How would you do it if you booked an AP rate but not getting the AP till you go? Hope that is clear. We are hoping for a AP rate for our visit but I will order the AP when I book the AP rate so I will not have it at check in.

I just did this Christmas time. I booked the room at the AP rate, but I didn't even buy the pass til we got there. You just have to show them an AP some time during your stay, it doesn't have to be when you check in. You also only need one AP, not everyone in the party. We checked in at RPR, but didn't go get the pass until the next day. The next morning I went and bought an annual pass for me. Then with the next transaction, I used my AP discount to buy the tickets for the rest of out party. Later that day I showed the AP at RPR.

Then with the next transaction, I used my AP discount to buy the tickets for the rest of out party. .

Can you explain this for me please, I did not know you could get a discount on other tickets and this is good to know. I plan on getting and AP for DH and myself for this October however we are going again next August and taking my son and granddaughter. I plan on just purchasing 3 day passes for them. If I can get a discount on them then bonus!

So you CAN get the AP at an in-hotel kiosk?

That was the OP's question. Except that I felt that they were worrying about it because they thought they had to have it for the EP. They don't, so that's why I answered how I answered. :)

But I think they do really want to know if they can get it at the hotel.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. With the new plastic APs, can you still pick them up at the kiosks at the hotel or at the front of the parks or do you have to go to the ticket booths as stated on the purchase page?

Can you explain this for me please, I did not know you could get a discount on other tickets and this is good to know. I plan on getting and AP for DH and myself for this October however we are going again next August and taking my son and granddaughter. I plan on just purchasing 3 day passes for them. If I can get a discount on them then bonus!

This is from the Universal website:
  • 15% off multi-day theme park admission tickets purchased at the front gate (Up to 6 people per transaction per day; not valid on 3-Park Unlimited tickets, or Universal Express passes, or tickets with Universal Express)
Since you will be purchasing multi-day passes, you will get a discount. It is 10% with a power pass, 15% with preferred or premier. I had to do it as two transactions because I was purchasing my pass. So we had to buy that one, then do a second transaction to purchase the discounted the tickets. The cashier was fine with it, she was the one who explained why we had to do two transactions.

I was at PBH June 1 and they did not have the annual pass kiosks at the hotel.
So we did as others described and got our express pass using our room key and then picked up the AP the next morning when we went over to the Parks.

For what it's worth I was a little nervous since I booked the AP rate and didn't have my pass yet but they never asked me to come back and show it (although I was prepared to make a stop back at reception if needed).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter