?? on renting points from one DVC to another DVC

AnnaS

DIS Veteran
Hi, this is for the experts. I have a question (since my mind is always planning something). If I were to rent points from another member (not many - maybe 50-60) and they made ressies for me under my name, what happens if they decide to sell their points? Would I still have the reservation? I don't think it would pay for someone with a large amount of points to transfer them if they only have one transfer per year - is this correct? Even though I would prefer this. - Not sure if I am explaning this right. (What am I planning? I have no points for next year since we borrowed and we were planning a short stay in S.C. - If DH can get extra days (and if $$ ok) I was considering renting some points and drive down to WDW. Thanks in advance.

I rented some points last month and they just transfered them into my account. So you should not have to worry.
Scott

Have them transferred, if possible.

To answer your question....if a seller has any pending reservations when the contract is presented for sale- the reservations will be cancelled by Disney. I wouldn't worry that this is a likely scenario to be concerned about, but that is current DVC policy.

Good luck!

Thanks Doc, I would prefer a transfer too. If I go this route and can add a few nites I will ask for a transfer of points - should I have them check availability first? You guys are great and have all the answers without being put on hold and waiting.

I rented 72 points for a friend from another DVC member. The other DVC member transferred the points to me and I booked my friend’s room. Then my friend sent him a check for the points. The points were in my account almost immediately. My friend is staying at OKW in November and everything seems fine so far.

I would do it again.

I would certainly have MS check availability before you do a transfer. The transferred points MUST be used as they cannot be banked, so make sure you can/will use them or the transfer is pointless.

Good Luck!

Thanks, if I go decide to do this, I will check availability and then have them transfer the points. I was thinking of end of 8/02. When should I start this process, assuming I decide to go ahead with this.

I would do it as soon as your decision is made so you can make your ressie at the 11 month window.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter